Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Not in this lifetime buddy..

...........sorry mods...next post will be back on topic.

P.S. The offer still stands
    what offer

If only the Titans could win we would all be lovers

thats weird???? i thought this was the bulldogs vs titans forum, duhhh silly me

The scoreboard certainly didn't reflect the boys efforts last night. Infact it was one of better combined efforts we've seen for a few matches.

Yes it's true, that the video ref didn't make a bad call in relation to our tries last night. But what I do have a problem with, is how often the decision was deferred to him. When you see other tries in the past by other teams getting allowed or the benefit of the doubt, when some are clearly screwed. I'm of the opinion that the NRL Refs have it in for the Titans this year. Admittedly, the boys have made a few mistakes this year. But quite often, we've seen a ref pull up play and hand the oppostion a penalty for no apparent and/or justified reason.

I was at the game last night watching it all unfold (only missed Round 1 of our home games), and I found a new respect for some of the Doggie Fans. Towards the last 20 minutes, a few of them around us realised they weren't nessessarily the better team on the night. It did appear to them that the Titans couldn't turn a trick, and nothing was going our way. So that come to a surprise to me. So did the fact that quite few Doggy Fans were walking out of the Stadium, with some 15 minutes on the clock remaining. I guess they were satisfied that Bulldogs had it in the bag and/or they were off to celebrate up at Caxton street a little early.

All in all, it was one of the strangest matches I've ever witnessed. Which also left me feeling gutted. That's not to say the lads played poorly, completely the opposite. Hopefully after last night incredible bad fortune, the pendulum swings the other way for us for the remainder of the season.

Chin up Carty 'n Co. As youse know, it wasn't for lack of trying.
    Last edited by Toads; 28-05-11 at 08:33 PM.

To be honest I think we are trying a bit too hard.

Prince needs to step back a bit, direct traffic from behind play and control the speed of the game better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

The most unlucky moment in the game against Bulldogs was not blowing the eight or nine tries...it was the fact Zillman got injured in the first game back in the fullback position.
    Having Prince at second receiver also gave as a different dimension in attack.

I was looking forward to see how Preston went in the halves but unfortunately I think his years have caught up with him.
    I hope he stays around the Titans once he finishes playing footy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    The most unlucky moment in the game against Bulldogs was not blowing the eight or nine tries...it was the fact Zillman got injured in the first game back in the fullback position.
    Having Prince at second receiver also gave as a different dimension in attack.

I was looking forward to see how Preston went in the halves but unfortunately I think his years have caught up with him.
    I hope he stays around the Titans once he finishes playing footy.
    Prince at 2nd reciever was good, however it was only effective on the left because 1. Titans love attacking that side and 2. Bodene not being a natural centre doesnt give himself depth in attack to give a 5/8 options when they swing it that way.

Sorry I only surfaced last night after the game. My iPhone typically died soon after the full time siren and then had to go to a suit fitting for my brother's wedding.

That was one of the weirdest, maybe the weirdest games of Rugby League I have ever seen. It was torture to see us continue to go over and not come over with points. At half time I was confident that if the opportunities continue we would start to score. As long as we were firing bullets I thought we would win.

I didn't count on our ridiculous bad luck to not just continue but to manifest.

I won't complain about most of the calls, but I'm gonna over not ceiling the deal.

The Bulldogs were typically grubs and the treatment they dished out to some of our players shouldn't be tolerted. But Ennis shouldn't have even been playing that game given his stomping of Cooper Cronks leg in Origin 1.

Just like last year it was a bloody battle, last year we lost players left right and centre and this year we lost two of our best with Steve Michaels and William Zillman. Which forced some rearrangements.

The score line certainly wasn't a thumping and goes to show that if a few things went our way we could have won. But it was unprecidented bad luck.

With ten to go I found myself hoping that we'd actually score at all. We have never been held to nil and I never want us to be. And sure enough we got a good one with minutes to spare.

Srama was stunning, what a debut. It is one of those rare pleasures for a fan to witness such a debut. It doesn't happen often. And he was tremendous. Great service, enthusiasm, defence and also has a kicking game. The Titans were right on the money with this youngster, he is the future. As someone else said, let's give him as much game time as possible.

While we lost and while the numbers are starting to work against us in our quest for the Finals. I did come always very happy about Srama. I also echo Coaster who said maybe we were trying too hard.

But I think on the night, we were the better team. I forgot to tape the game, so I'm waiting for a replay.

Looking forward to being back at home at Skilled Park, hopefully we can put the Panthers to sleep.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think we can all agree while the result was horrible, it was great to see our future long term hooker start his Titans career in first grade.

Also, I'm interested in what everyone thinks of charge downs? Deliberate or not I hate charge downs cos it seems to always favour the opposition in most situations since they normally get another set. To me, pressure = good but charge down = not good

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    I think we can all agree while the result was horrible, it was great to see our future long term hooker start his Titans career in first grade.

Also, I'm interested in what everyone thinks of charge downs? Deliberate or not I hate charge downs cos it seems to always favour the opposition in most situations since they normally get another set. To me, pressure = good but charge down = not good
    Yeah...If I was coach I wouldn't allow my players to charge down a kick unless it's a field goal.

I don't like the rule of of the kicking team getting another set of six if the defender has turned his back on the kick.
    I don't mind giving another set if he gets his hands on the ball while charging down...but pressuring the kicker and pulling out of the tackle doesn't deserve another set of six...lets force these play markers to run in the game and open it up.

Benefit of the doubt didn't exist against the Dogs. Reckon a couple of those Video Ref calls should have been
    Mark Minichiello ---> Team Italy

The most disappointing thing for me in the whole night was this.

Prince cops a high hit from Ennis (carried on like a tosser but thats Prince)
    Cambell then gets a knee in the head from him also
    Micheals gets knocked out
    Zillman gets knocked out

Where was the pack?
    Where is the aggression from the pack to say this sh*t wont be taken?
    I would rather lose a player for 10 min to say we are going to stand our ground, then go through this next week, because we look soft!!

As soon as preston fired up, someone should have grabbed Ennis by his front mullet and beat him within one inch of his miserable life.
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

Youv'e got to be kidding. Check out the replays and you will find:

Ennis shot on PRINCESS was off the shoulder and the ensuing academy award acting was a disgrace and unprofessional

The knee to campbells head was an absolute accident. Ennis had no chance of pulling out of that one.

Michaels knocks HIMSELF clean out. Should maybe change his running style if he wants to continue running like that then he will have a very short career.

Same for Zillman. Nothing illegal or wrong with the way he gets injured, just unlucky.

Thats Footy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    The most disappointing thing for me in the whole night was this.

Prince cops a high hit from Ennis (carried on like a tosser but thats Prince)
    Cambell then gets a knee in the head from him also
    Micheals gets knocked out
    Zillman gets knocked out

Where was the pack?
    Where is the aggression from the pack to say this sh*t wont be taken?
    I would rather lose a player for 10 min to say we are going to stand our ground, then go through this next week, because we look soft!!

As soon as preston fired up, someone should have grabbed Ennis by his front mullet and beat him within one inch of his miserable life.

Quote Originally Posted by dean View Post
    Youv'e got to be kidding. Check out the replays and you will find:

Ennis shot on PRINCESS was off the shoulder and the ensuing academy award acting was a disgrace and unprofessional

The knee to campbells head was an absolute accident. Ennis had no chance of pulling out of that one.

Michaels knocks HIMSELF clean out. Should maybe change his running style if he wants to continue running like that then he will have a very short career.

Same for Zillman. Nothing illegal or wrong with the way he gets injured, just unlucky.

Thats Footy !!!
    Your an idiot!

Prince was hit high. END OF STORY
    Cambell was kneed in the head by a merkin. END OF STORY
    Micheals copped a 2nd attempt that should have been a send off. . END OF STORY.
    Zillman was hit in the head. . END OF STORY

James or Bird should have flogged the living sh*t out of eddie munster and then walked to your house and flogged you, for being so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Matt View Post
    Benefit of the doubt didn't exist against the Dogs. Reckon a couple of those Video Ref calls should have been
    None of the decisions should have been benefit of the doubt.