Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Geez the Titans are having a funny year

They didnt play all that bad at all...noway does the score reflect the way the game went.

Match fixing? Just saying.... Bulldogs were involved....

You don't have all those calls go against you. Benefit of the Bulldogs seemed to be in play last night - Mini, Srama, Henderson, Bird all denied. That's 16 points just in that.

Srama was a machine, if Cartwright names him next week - he'll be straight into my dream team. He made over 100m, great runs and speed out of dummy half, and no fear either.

Minichiello - i wanted a big game and i got it. So stoked, love that guy. He benefited from a couple of (unfortunate) injuries, and played 80 top minutes. Couple of harsh penalties, and one bad drop with a few minutes left, but aside from that, great game, best running forward on the park.

Man, can't get over that reffing though
    Mark Minichiello ---> Team Italy

QLD Cup Titan

OMG I love my titans so much but in all honesty - that is the first game I have never watched the entire match!!! Through frustration at the fact that the team is SO much better than that! We are a good team but last night NOTHING went our way! The dogs were made to look the better team through silly errors from us, dodgy calls, the vid ref had his finger on the red button - I think some bulldogs player had it glued there before the game. Yes some crucial injuries to players so our attack was somewhat stalled but all in all we looked like a team that just didn't flow in any way - defence, attack - nothing! How Carty is not in hospital with high blood pressure right now I do not know!!!!!! But in saying all that ........ I'll be right there next week screaming out for the boys with encouragement and spurring them onto a win against the panthers - surely something has to click and go right soon!!!!

On a good note - I thought Srama played well. yes a few errors there early on but for his debut - a great effort.
    Birdy - courageous effort after a big game in origin Wed night.
    Ridge - great game - def one of his best efforts
    Mini - such a great effort and def one of our best last night.

Oh and my other two cents worth - I LOVE the double header idea - but seriously - does it have to be on a friday night??? I know its for the tv rights but that was on so late. What was the crowd anyone know? It didn't look to be too big last night.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    /sarcasm post no doubt directed at me.
    Totally wrong fool. That post comes from 12 weeks of poor performance from the boys. Appology please.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    /
    I guess you are one of the minority who thought Srama wasn't good at all tonight.What would you suggest instead? Bring in Lawton? Bring back Brown for the rest of the year? I really am curious? Friendy won't be back for a fair while yet.
    I posted that call on Matt in the 10th minute of the televised coverage. Overall he did have a good game but I would hate to see him targeted in defence by opposition ball carriers because of his size.

P.S. I posted it as a light hearted joke after reading what I thought was a pathetic display by some of our members in this thread.

Was at the game, row 1 right where Jamal ironed out Bird,'what a great hit. The Bulldogs were woeful tonight but crossed the line 5 times for five tries. We crossed it 8 times for 1 try. I haven't seen it on replay but can't work out how Hodkinson managed to stay on the field after he lined up and hit Michaels directly in the head. He will be suspended I think, so the Bulldogs next opponent will get the benefit not us who lost a player for the night.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Loved the game by Srama last night. I agree that Mini was very good, James was good too. In fact we had a whole lot of good - just that final two inches when putting down the ball stopped us really hammering what was and embarrassing and inept performance by the Bulldogs. They really just pulled a weapon out of their hat here and there to beat us, overall except for the final two inches we smashed them. In fact the only players I thought were poor last night were Bodene and Mead. I was looking forward to seeing Thompson play but I was unimpressed last night and Mead had 3 or 4 lapses in concentration which is just not first grade standard.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Matt View Post
    Match fixing? Just saying.... Bulldogs were involved....

You don't have all those calls go against you. Benefit of the Bulldogs seemed to be in play last night - Mini, Srama, Henderson, Bird all denied. That's 16 points just in that.
    Yeah that's a nice little conspiracy theory except that none of them were tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Early call. He was brilliant. Best on field for both teams. On top of that Ridge had his best game in first grade so far.

Completion rate wins games

20 errors not good enough.
    srama is the clubs future.i've banged on about him all year. riley who?

There were two highlights last night:

1 - SRAMA: As good a debut as has ever been produced by a Gold Coast Titan. I hope they treat him with kid gloves for the rest of the season. Give him time in first grade but don't knock him around. Give him a week off here and there for the rest of 2011 so he is cherry ripe for the start of 2012.

2 - IDRIS NAILING BIRD: It amazed me how quickly I reverted to hating Bird in Wednesday's Origin Opener and I loved seeing Idris iron him out. The big Bulldog did nothing in atack last night, which is probably exactly what he will show for us if we don't improve our horrendous service from the inside, but he showed that he can put a hit on.

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Totally wrong fool. That post comes from 12 weeks of poor performance from the boys. Appology please.

I posted that call on Matt in the 10th minute of the televised coverage. Overall he did have a good game but I would hate to see him targeted in defence by opposition ball carriers because of his size.
    he has a very good technique in defence, you will not see him miss many in the weeks to come, even on the giants runnng at him

Loved the debut of Srama & I knew he was never going to let us down he has been well coached & skilled by some
    Mini was very strong apart from a couple of dropped balls & Penaltys he was good, as was Ryan James again

The problem was again our halves were terrible....& the fact that we had 7 disallowed Tries of which 3 could have been given..

On the plus side u couldn't help but smile when Idriss nailed Bird & Tag & also the fact that Eastwood took himself out of the match with pocking himself in the eye

We'll probably come home with a wet sail late in the season but it will be all too late.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Srama was fantastic.

A shining light in a dark period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Srama was fantastic.

A shining light in a dark period.
    Watched a replay this morning & had a good laugh when Gus said I can't find a Bulldogs player "Worthy of Man of the Match"
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Watched a replay this morning & had a good laugh when Gus said I can't find a Bulldogs player "Worthy of Man of the Match"
    Sums up our season really.
    Not sure how you watched it again. Was painful enough watching it once.
    First 8 min cost us the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.