Laffranchi to shape up for Bulldogs clash

TITANS forward Anthony Laffranchi has declared himself a certain starter when the Gold Coast attempt to get their season back on track against the Bulldogs on Friday week.

The former NSW and Test back rower has been sidelined for the past six weeks with ankle ligament damage.

After a long and at times frustrating rehabilitation, Laffranchi said he was ready to rip as the Titans fight to salvage their finals hopes.

"I am pretty certain I will shape up against the Bulldogs," Laffranchi said.

"With ruptured ligaments it is a six-week healing process and the bye weekend falls on six weeks.

"The bye has come at a good time, giving me that extra week to be fully fit."

Nearly mid-way through the season, the Titans are anchored near the bottom of the ladder with Canberra the only cushion between them and dead last.

They head into the Bulldogs clash coming off back to back losses against the Warriors and Manly.

"It has definitely been frustrating," Laffranchi said.

"After a couple losses I am itching to contribute to the team and help out in any way I can.

"It is hard to pin point (where things are going wrong).

"There are areas in the game that are costing us.

"In the past when we give away a penalty or an error we defend it and bounce back.

"It seems teams have been getting the full benefit and scoring and putting us in the deep end on the back of them."

Laffranchi said he was even more determined to play against the Bulldogs to help ease the burden on Origin stars Ash Harrison and Greg Bird, who will attempt to back up for Queensland and NSW respectively.

"There is half a season still to go and hopefully we can push on a bit further," Laffranchi said.

"They are the elite players in your club team and you always want them to get through and back up.

"Hopefully with myself coming back I can help out their situation by carrying a bit of the workload of the guys backing up."

Assistant coach Steve Murphy will hold the fort while John Cartwright is in camp with the Blues.

"Murph has done it when Carty has been away with City and Australia," Laffranchi said.

"He is great to have around and definitely a skillful coach with aspirations of being a head NRL coach one day."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au