Thread: Salary Cap

Default Salary Cap

This information is not correct regarding the way the salary cap works, sorry for the confusion

The Salary Cap for 2011 is a maximum limit of $4.3m for the 25 highest remunerated players at each club. All other players that play NRL in the current year must fit under a $350,000 Salary Cap.
    Nrl.com

That means that we have 25 players in our main squad, and any other players we use have to fit into the $350k threshold.

So far we have used

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Micheals
    4. Toopie
    5. Mead
    6. Capewell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10 White
    11 Bird
    12 Thompson
    13 Harrison
    14 Henderson
    15 Tagatese
    16 James
    17 Cambell
    18 Minochello
    19 Tonga
    20 Lafrancri
    21 Myers
    22 Ridge
    23 Friend
    24 Odwyer
    25 Lawton

Its round 10, Myers Friend and Gordon are gone for the season. Any other players we play this year have to fall under the 350k, meaning we have to use the same players each week, in case we have to replace another season injury.

It is very likely we will not see Walker or Tomane play this year for the Titans, this has nothing to do with skill level or whether the coach likes them, this is about the Salary Cap, pure and simple.

So as they say, we have to do it with the cattle we have. So please consider this before posting another team with 5 new players in it.
    Last edited by Coaster; 11-05-11 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Ok enough of the lets pick a whole team each week, i want to explain something to those who dont understand the salary cap.

Nrl.com

That means that we have 25 players in our main squad, and any other players we use have to fit into the $350k threshold.

So far we have used

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Micheals
    4. Toopie
    5. Mead
    6. Capewell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10 White
    11 Bird
    12 Thompson
    13 Harrison
    14 Henderson
    15 Tagatese
    16 James
    17 Cambell
    18 Minochello
    19 Tonga
    20 Lafrancri
    21 Myers
    22 Ridge
    23 Friend
    24 Odwyer
    25 Lawton

Its round 10, Myers Friend and Gordon are gone for the season. Any other players we play this year have to fall under the 350k, meaning we have to use the same players each week, in case we have to replace another season injury.

It is very likely we will not see Walker or Tomane play this year for the Titans, this has nothing to do with skill level or whether the coach likes them, this is about the Salary Cap, pure and simple.

So as they say, we have to do it with the cattle we have. So please consider this before posting another team with 5 new players in it.
    I think you've got it wrong mate, it has nothing to do with what order they make an appearance in.

Tomane would most certainly be in our top 25 highest paid players. As such, he is in our top 25 and we can use him whenever we want. Walker I'm not so sure would be in our top 25.

It's the players like Ridge and Lawton, who would not be in our top 25 highest paid players, that cannot total more than 350K.

yer man you got it totally wrong

At the moment we have used 25 players, so they are the 25 highest paid to have played this year.
    If Tomane comes in, he would most likely as you say be in the top 25, so he would move into the list, and the lowest paid (lawton maybe) would drop to the second tier of 350k.

But balancing the second tier is going to determine what happens in the top tier, because we can not go past the 350k. If you know what i mean.

I am not saying he cant be picked, im just saying we have used 25 so far, and now its a balancing act as far as the salary cap.
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

Wrong Coaster.......

you have 25 players to spend with the cap.
    Tomane and Walker would be in that 25 therefor thay can be added at no extra cost.

I would assume Brenton Lawrence or Richie Williams would be outside of that and prove your point but i dont think anyone wants these players promoted.

Junior Titan

At the moment we have used 25 players, so they are the 25 highest paid to have played this year.
    If Tomane comes in, he would most likely as you say be in the top 25, so he would move into the list, and the lowest paid (lawton maybe) would drop to the second tier of 350k.

But balancing the second tier is going to determine what happens in the top tier, because we can not go past the 350k. If you know what i mean.

I am not saying he cant be picked, im just saying we have used 25 so far, and now its a balancing act as far as the salary cap.
    I really dont think it works like that.
    Im sure your top 25 are registered with the NRL at the start of the year and this can not be changed at anytime unless de-registering a player because of injury or mid-season swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers6 View Post
    I really dont think it works like that.
    Im sure your top 25 are registered with the NRL at the start of the year and this can not be changed at anytime unless de-registering a player because of injury or mid-season swap.
    I hope im totally wrong, and looks like i am.

We have 34 players on the Titans roster page. How do teams go over the cap each season for using too many players, if it is set in stone before the season starts?

Junior Titan

As I said, it doesn't matter when they are used.

If our top 25 paid players at the club are called 1, 2, 3,...,24, and 25, we can use those guys whenever and however we want.

All that matters is that if players 26, 27, 28, etc who are NOT in our top 25 do play first-grade, they have to be on less than 350K combined.

Anyone in our top 25 is free to play at any point of the year, and it has zero effect on our second-tier salary cap, because he is in our first-tier.

To use your example of Lawton, he is in our second-tier cap, so he is already contributing to that 350K even though we have only used 25 players.
    Last edited by Titan_Blue; 11-05-11 at 12:34 PM.

Thank fark i got that wrong then, i was giving myself despression

This just in

Five clubs breach Salary Cap in 2010

Print
    - Font
    + Font
    RSS

NRL Wed, May 11, 2011 - 12:25 PM

The Wests Tigers are one of five clubs to breach the salary cap in 2010. Copyright:
    Related Links

NRL outlines Storm breaches

The National Rugby League has today outlined Salary Cap breaches against the Wests Tigers, the Gold Coast Titans, the St George Illawarra Dragons, the Parramatta Eels and the Canberra Raiders following the completion of all audits into the 2010 season.

The largest breach notice is in relation to the Wests Tigers, who claimed a ?long serving player allowance? contrary to advice from the Salary Cap audit team.

The remaining breaches across four clubs concern the use of second tier players and the categorisation of education grants, accommodation and termination payments.

?The compliance across the vast majority of clubs has been encouraging but the penalties are a reminder that the Salary Cap will be enforced,? NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

?Six clubs were breached last year, most notably the Storm. It is pleasing to see the number down this year but the warning bells for anyone looking to break the rules could not be any louder.

?For the most part we are seeing a genuine wish to comply with the rules from the clubs but this remains an area in which we are always conducting thorough investigations.

?The Salary Cap audit team works incredibly hard to monitor the clubs and deserves considerable recognition for the role it plays in making the Telstra Premiership the closest and most exciting competition in Australian sport.?

The 2010 Salary Cap Breach notices are as follows:

Club Fine
    Wests Tigers $187,140
    Gold Coast Titans $76,380
    Parramatta Eels $44,988
    Canberra Raiders $31,657
    St George Illawarra Dragons $15,694

The Titans have also been breached a further $2,500 for failing to properly register a Toyota Cup player.

All clubs will have until Friday, May 20, to make submissions to the NRL Chief Executive in relation to the breaches before any penalties are imposed.

Link

come on titans dont let us down

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?