Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Brett Kimmorley's Round 10 Preview

Gold Coast Titans v Manly, Skilled Park, Monday 7pm (EST)

Noddy says: Brett Stewart wasn't near 100 per cent against the Raiders but he still showed his brilliant football instincts by popping up to score three tries. Manly need their fullback to play each week because he is often the difference between them winning and losing. I continue to be impressed by the growing halves combination of Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans. Gold Coast Titans have been very hit and miss this season. I think a few internal dramas have arisen with some of their players set to leave at season's end. It's a real changing of the guard for Gold Coast and I don't think they are handling it very well. Tip: Manly

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    i dnt get y its unchanged
    is he ever going to change it up? how many more games do we need to loose b4 we see other guys given a go....
    sorry, but you are supporting the wrong team if you want others given a go, has yet to happen in their short history

So with Bailey back who is likely to drop out of the 17? Will Lawton drop off or will Riley Brown finally get the boot? Considering Carty is the one making the decision my money is on Riley Brown to remain in the 9 all season

If Riley Brown remains in the 9, the titans will most definetly not make the 8, in my opinion

I think Tomane, Walker and Lawton must be injected into our side, IT NEEDS TO CHANGE! am i the only titans fan in the world who realizes that it needs to change or what?!?!?!

1. Walker
    2. Mead
    3. Tomane
    4. Tonga
    5. Michaels
    6. Zillman
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Lawton
    10. White/Henderson
    11. Bird
    12. Minichello
    13. Harrison

14. White/Henderson
    15. Thompson
    16. Tagatease/Ridge
    17. Campbell

i dont care if anyone disagrees with my team but thats what i think we need if we are going to have any chance to making the 8!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smithers12345 View Post
    If Riley Brown remains in the 9, the titans will most definetly not make the 8, in my opinion

I think Tomane, Walker and Lawton must be injected into our side, IT NEEDS TO CHANGE! am i the only titans fan in the world who realizes that it needs to change or what?!?!?!

1. Walker
    2. Mead
    3. Tomane
    4. Tonga
    5. Michaels
    6. Zillman
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Lawton
    10. White/Henderson
    11. Bird
    12. Minichello
    13. Harrison

14. White/Henderson
    15. Thompson
    16. Tagatease/Ridge
    17. Campbell

i dont care if anyone disagrees with my team but thats what i think we need if we are going to have any chance to making the 8!
    we all know, but we also know carty never changes the team no point digresses over it now

Smithers, Im definitely leaning towards your team.

Preston needs to be there, on the bench as the super sub works. It's difficult to drop Thompson to the bench for me. But I can see why you did that, it's the only way Tomane will get a shot.

I'd back just Shannon Walker and Lawton for the run on for the time being. And hold off on Tomane for the time being.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I don't like dropping Thompson out of the 13. He's been one of the bright spots so far I think, but like DIEHARD said, I can see why you'd do it to get Tomane in.

Anyway you slice it something has to change.

In the words of Albert Einstein: 'Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Junior Titan

Good side but where is James, he would be on the bench for me.

Agree, I'd def like a bench spot reserved for James

Manly preview from their website

Match Preview - Sea Eagles vs Titans

Hooker Matt Ballin will play his 100th NRL game this Monday night against the Gold Coast Titans.

Ballin made his debut for the Sea Eagles in 2007 and has been a standout player for the Sea Eagles in the #9 jersey ever since.

Coming off a 20-0 win against the Raiders, the Sea Eagles have one last chance for a win before heading into the BYE. And if successful at Skilled Park, a top four spot on the NRL ladder will be secure for another week.

Despite Jason King being named in the side, he will undergo fitness testing prior to the match on Monday .

Youngster Will Hopate, who celebrated his 19th birthday in last week?s win will again start on the wing. Brett Stewart returned in spectacular form last week, scoring a hat-trick after a five games on the sideline due to a hamstring injury. After backing up ok, members and fans will be hoping he can again execute a performance like that against the Titans.

Stewart didn?t train early this week but this is part of his now normal match day preparation. He expects to play against the Titans who have openly declared this match as a possible turning point in what has been a disappointing opening two months to the season.

Manly Skipper Jamie Lyon said the Sea Eagles are expecting a torrid encounter.

?They were a top four side last year and have too many class players not to hit form shortly and we will need to be at our best to win.?

Daly Cherry-Evans is confident coming into the match despite facing an up and down Titans side.

?Week in week out you have to be on your game. They may not be travelling too well at the moment but they were a top four side last year so you?ve got to be careful.

?As long as we?re on I think we?ll go pretty well.?

Cherry-Evans will again line up with a class half-back when he faces Scott Prince, something he?s looking forward to.

?Week after week I seem to be facing the top half backs and it?s a really good experience that I?m enjoying.

?Each week gives me more confidence especially playing alongside all these good players we?ve got in our team.

I can be throwing short balls or long balls to Jamie Lyon and Glenn Stewart and that says enough in itself the side I get to play with.?

Kick off is at 7pm at Skilled Park

http://www.mwse.com.au/

Maybe Carty is playing mind games this week

@joe_tomane29 set to play his first NRL game of the year. Looks like he will partner @Meady41 on the right. Bodene Thompson not training.
    Twitter for iPhone ? 15/05/11 10:10
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

What Twitter is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    @joe_tomane29 set to play his first NRL game of the year. Looks like he will partner @Meady41 on the right. Bodene Thompson not training.
    Twitter for iPhone ? 15/05/11 10:10
    Who tweeted that mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Who tweeted that mate?
    Oops thought I included that.

Luke Turgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.