Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

true , i just hope he can prove me wrong dont get me wrong i think the bloke has talent , and he is freaking like lighting to

I'd have to agree with teke. Warriors scored most of their points on the back of our stupid errors, hardly a reason to swap a team around. Had we not made those errors, dare I say it, we probably would have won that game. I don't believe bringing in the beloved Tomane will solve anything, the guy leaked so many points down that side last year when he played at NRL level, at one stage Carty even had enough and took him off for a breather iirc.

Preston had a bad game, but he will make up for it - he always does. I don't think throwing Walker in the deep end is the right call. At the end of the year if we've missed the finals then yes - give him a shot.

But I think we can all agree that Brown doesn't deserve to be there.

We lack discipline. Changing the team around won't fix that. All we need to do is hold on to the ball and stop the silly errors. Sounds easy yes? Apparently not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    true , i just hope he can prove me wrong dont get me wrong i think the bloke has talent , and he is freaking like lighting to
    right, i think our problem in honesty is attacking flair, forget defense for a second, we make the most metres in the comp with our forwards and yet we barely score sweet tries or many tries which tells you the attack is to blame, and when we score the tries and we have the points racked up a few things happen, the other team gets upset as the scoreboard gets worse for them, we get momentum and we break their wills and we dont have to rely on defense as much as we need to if our attack is marching down the field and keeping the opponents there while we score lots of points.

so when we get people in the backs like tomane,walker,mead,michaels,campbell and taga in the forwards and lawton as hooker we have attacking flair and the above happens and we win heaps of games, the forwards are doing their job better than anyone else except for henderson and white, the backs just have to do their job which they havent been able to do all year pretty much.

agree 110% with gotitans101

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    I'd have to agree with teke. Warriors scored most of their points on the back of our stupid errors, hardly a reason to swap a team around. Had we not made those errors, dare I say it, we probably would have won that game. I don't believe bringing in the beloved Tomane will solve anything, the guy leaked so many points down that side last year when he played at NRL level, at one stage Carty even had enough and took him off for a breather iirc.

Preston had a bad game, but he will make up for it - he always does. I don't think throwing Walker in the deep end is the right call. At the end of the year if we've missed the finals then yes - give him a shot.

But I think we can all agree that Brown doesn't deserve to be there.

We lack discipline. Changing the team around won't fix that. All we need to do is hold on to the ball and stop the silly errors. Sounds easy yes? Apparently not.

why would you want to wait till we are out of the finals to put someone in? then its a waste of a year especially if we can 4th and 3rd in the last 2 seasons, and how do you know changing the team wont fix it? other teams do it all the time and it works wonders, except the last placed raiders who never drop orford and when sam williams was the 7 they won their first game and haven't won since. as i said if it aint broke dont fix it, but if it is(and we are) then you do need to fix it.

I guess we all knew this was gonna happen, I wonder if we'll stick with the same team barring any injuries or if Carty is waiting for us to get really hammered till he decides to switch things around. I agree I don't want to see changes when there's no hope left for our season, some guys should get a run that could change/fix up some of our flaws and add some spark to our side.

Just watched a replay of the Manly vs Raiders game and they really are a very well coached side (Manly not Raiders haha) with a lot of very good combinations in attack. If the team plays like they have all year this Monday Manly will put 40 on them easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Just something needs to change! Sad thing is the backs really aren't our main problem.
    Forwards have carried the Titans for three years...It's hard to keep working hard with limited reward.

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will regain the services of key prop Luke Bailey for next Monday night’s Round 10 clash against the Manly Sea Eagles at Skilled Park.

Bailey was a late withdrawal from Sunday’s loss to the New Zealand Warriors with neck/shoulder soreness but has been named by Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright in an unchanged 18-man squad to take on the Sea Eagles.

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans v Manly Sea Eagles
    7.00pm, Monday, May 16th
    Skilled Park

1 Preston Campbell
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Esi Tonga
    4 Bodene Thompson
    5 David Mead
    6 William Zillman
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Riley Brown
    10 Matthew White
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison

INTERCHANGE

14 Michael Henderson
    15 Ryan James
    16 Ben Ridge
    17 Luke O'Dwyer
    18 Kayne Lawton

Titans NYC team vs Manly

1 Jordan Rankin
    2 Alec Jones
    3 Jackson Springer
    4 Hymel Hunt
    5 Shaun Carney
    6 Cory McGrady
    7 Sam Irwin
    8 Luke Page
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Lain Windley
    11 Nick Harold
    12 Blake Anderson
    13 Sam Martin

INTERCHANGE
    14 Cale Hobday
    15 Dylan Hartin
    16 Mitch Spackman
    17 Japeth Vaoa
    18 Sam Ross

i dnt get y its unchanged
    is he ever going to change it up? how many more games do we need to loose b4 we see other guys given a go....

FFS !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    i dnt get y its unchanged
    is he ever going to change it up? how many more games do we need to loose b4 we see other guys given a go....
    he isnt by the time he does we will have 13 losses will be over our season

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    he isnt by the time he does we will have 13 losses will be over our season
    Forget about making the finals this year...we should be in a rebuilding stage.

The 9, 6 and 1 should be focused on...I think Zillman at 5/8 is slowing the process down...unless he gives someone a go at fullback.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Forget about making the finals this year...we should be in a rebuilding stage.

The 9, 6 and 1 should be focused on...I think Zillman at 5/8 is slowing the process down...unless he gives someone a go at fullback.
    unfortunately i know this, we shouldnt be in this predictiment if car took some chances for the better, most people on the forum at round 3 said its too early to get worried but look where we are now, i realised back then that it is a long season but that doesnt mean bad performances and no risk taking losses dont add up.

We have had a real problem diffusing kicks. Campbell and Mead have proven over and over again that they aren't consistently proficient at it. I'm not sure Walker is either but that is based on limited vision - what I am sure of, is that Tomane is superior in the air to anyone else we have in our team and I'd love to see him bringing the ball back from kicks. He is a weapon which we have kept holstered too long. The back row is the reason we are suffering and Thompson needs to go back there and it needs to be shaken up. I think Tagataese has been fairly poor so far this year bar one game - I agree he should play some prop, but at Q Cup level for a while. Our props aren't going that badly, the back row is our major problem and until they can stick their tackles, hold onto the ball and not give away penalties, we won't win many games.

I agree that if we don't see dramatic improvement, Manly will tear us apart. I haven't seen odds that would lead me to bet on the Titans - would need to be over $3.50 head-to-head to get me interested. Manly will win 13+ unless we have the most dramatic of turn-arounds.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!