Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

So frustrating, i hate losing to Manly!!!

Taga was awesome though and James was amazing.

man Taga and Ryan James really played well. They seemed like the only ones along with Bird.

The attack was so disjointed we could get nothing going. The defense wasn't too bad.

Preston had another pretty bad game. Prince wasn't doing anything spectacular beyond the one break. We need to find a hooker ASAP.
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Junior Titan

I know we have been through this before but Bird to 5/8 we have no choice. It was just dreadful to watch the backline movements last night. Slow sloppy passing. We have great go forward but the backs aren't getting good quality ball.

It was 12 minutes to go, down by 10 and no one ran to the scrum. In a game that was to make or break for our season. Says it all, really.

Sorry about the last post, I fell asleep as i was typing it. Bird ain't gonna fix the slow passing, in fact he has only had a couple of good games this season and I think NSW have erred in picking him and Qld shouldn't pick Harrison either on form. If Zillman is not the five-eighth I'm looking at putting Prince there and playing Capewell at halfback. The hooker is our major issue though, it's time to blood Lawton or Srama with Presto as back-up. O'Dwyer is make-shift and when he goes to dummy-half the passes are straight but slow as he stands up to pass it. He's just not built to be a dummy-half.

Even though I think Mead has some deficiency under the high ball I'm shifting him to centre until Walker can get some good Q-cup under his belt. Tomane had some bad moments bit overall he was solid and his stats back that up. I think he is a winger, plain and simple. The backs are only ever going to do so much, the problem is in our backrow. Their mistakes and tackle effectiveness has been hurting us. The tackling was better in this game but was woeful in the previous ones. I'm not sure Taga can play prop but it's worth a try.

My line up for the Bulldogs is as follows

Zillman
    Tomane
    Mead
    Tonga
    Michaels
    Prince
    Capewell
    Bailey
    Srama/Lawton (prob lean towards Lawton ATM due to size)
    James
    Thompson
    Minichiello
    Bird

Harrison
    White
    Tagataese/Henderson (has to be prop)
    Campbell

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

i think everyone knows its time for a change
    but its up to carty to do something about it
    i spose his got 2 weeks to try new things n stuff
    so hopefully he does

Really disappointed with the result of this 'must win' game...it's just these damn errors that are killing us

tomane was tomane, he didn't look any different to last year. lost in defence. the attacking plays the titans are using are so slow and predictible. every time we attack it goes 2nd man, 2nd man, 2nd man centre to winger. the only difference is when prince tries to slide a kick through the line. they are standing waaaayyyyy to deep fpr the second man play to fool anyone. the defence has time to adjust to where the ball is being played to. the team has the players to get results but they are being hampered by the tactics they are employing.
    i think it is time for carty to bite the bullet and start planning for next year. get a new fullback in, give zillman time to adjust to 5/8 and give one of the kids a go at 9.
    have to agree that tonga has been better lately, the threat of idris and champion coming next year has forced him to lift and start showing what he is really capable of.