Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    All good hookers get their nose broken at least once
    Season-ending injury for a wing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Season-ending injury for a wing.
    It ended mine when I was 9.. My mother didnt let me play for a few years after that haha.

Does anybody know how BULL's injury is going. Some people are saying fractures to the kneecap, others are saying he will be a couple of weeks.
    All I need to know is, when is the BULL likely to return, hopefully for the Warriors game as we desperately need him.

It is rumoured that BIRDY has broken his hand and HENRY may have torn a ligament in his foot this week at training. Can anyone shed some light on this hopefully disastrous rumour. SH?T I hope not, with all the injuries we have suffered this year this would be the icing on a SH?T pie for us.

Nothing official announced atm.

Just got home and walked through the door and if you can believe my wife Beau Henry is out (Hammy she thinks) but Bird is playing.....

oh....That is not her prediction, she heard it on Nine GC News.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    It is rumoured that BIRDY has broken his hand and HENRY may have torn a ligament in his foot this week at training. Can anyone shed some light on this hopefully disastrous rumour. SH?T I hope not, with all the injuries we have suffered this year this would be the icing on a SH?T pie for us.
    Oh and it gets better. Henry out with a foot injury, Bailey out with the flu and Bird broken hand, but it going to play.

NRL Late Mail - Round 24

By Nathan Ryan
    18 August 2011 04:00PM EST

NORTH Queensland have travelled to Sydney without Cory Paterson who has been culled from the bench with Toyota Cup player Jason Taumalolo expected to join the squad as 18th man.

South Sydney hosts North Queensland at ANZ Stadium on Friday night with the home side as per programmed although they have a final training run scheduled for Thursday afternoon.

Melbourne hosts St George Illawarra in what is a crucial clash for the defending premiers.

Storm centre Dane Neilson is expected to play despite suffering an ankle injury however centre come five-eighth Maurice Blair is only rated a 50 per cent chance of playing, still battling with a shoulder injury.

Dragons centre Mark Gasnier has been ruled out of the match with a hip flexor injury.

The 30-year-old is likely to be replaced by Beau Scott while youngster Kyle Stanley, who was named on an extended bench this week, is on standby for Brett Morris who missed training to be with his partner who is giving birth.

Gold Coast welcome Canberra to Skilled Park on Saturday afternoon with a new-look line up.

Five-eighth Beau Henry has been ruled out of the match with an ankle injury which will require surgery.

William Zillman will shift to five-eighth with Esi Tonga joining the side with either he or Bodene Thompson to move to the centres.

Captain Luke Bailey has been ruled out with the flu with Anthony Laffranchi likely to move to the forwards with Luke O?Dwyer to the back row with Preston Campbell as captain.

The Titans can?t afford any more injuries and with no more players available will require a salary cap exemption should another injury arise.

The Raiders are 1-17 but will travel with rookie Jarrad Kennedy as 18th man.

The Roosters hosts Cronulla on Saturday night with a number of players in danger of missing the match.

Centre Shaun Kenny-Dowall is again battling a groin strain and will have a fitness test on Friday to determine whether he will play.

Winger Sam Perrett has a left foot injury while centre BJ Leilua has a hamstring issue with both also under a cloud of doubt leaving Tom Symonds in contention as 18th man.

The Sharks trained on Wednesday without Isaac Gordon, Paul Gallen, Anthony Tupou and Wade Graham however Gallen is in most doubt with a calf injury.

Penrith is set to do battle with New Zealand at Centrebet Stadium on Saturday night with the Panthers not anticipating any changes and 18th man Shane Elford to drop off the bench. The Warriors are yet to finalise their five man bench.

Manly are expected to take the field as per programmed for their home clash against the Bulldogs with Tim Robinson expected to be omitted from a five man bench. The Dogs are 1-17.

The Wests Tigers do battle with Parramatta on Sunday at the SFS with the Tigers as per programmed.

Winger Lote Tuqiri is still expected to return from a hamstring injury next week. The Eels are 1-17.

Monday night football closes out the round with the Knights doing battle with the Broncos in Newcastle.

The hosts have centre Junior Sa?u and back rower Neville Costigan in some doubt with a hamstring and knee injury with Keith Lulia on standby, able to play both positions. The visitors have no concerns.

sportsnewsfirct.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

**** me, my fantasy team can't afford any more injuries either.....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    **** me, my fantasy team can't afford any more injuries either.....
    You have Titans in your fantasy team ?

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    You have Titans in your fantasy team ?
    Srama - Bought him cheap and is a points machine! (when playing 80min)
    Bailey - Reliable points
    Harrison - Big points hauler - but had to trade him when he got injured
    Bird - Been in and out of my squad. I've got him now and he's kicking ass
    Prince - He's had a few good rounds recently, but I done my dough on him - he lost so much value he wasn't worth getting rid of
    O'Dwyer - Got him cheap, good backup player when he gets decent minutes.

So yeh, still got 5 Titans. But I'm out of trades as of last week, and injuries are hitting back again. 3 games to go....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Srama and Rankin :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

What is the go with BULL BAILEY. I am hopeing he is right for this week against the Tigers, does anybody know what is going on......

dom broke his hand

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Gold Coast Titans slam Todd Carney rumours
    BULLDOGS youngster Aiden Sezer and not controversial Roosters star Todd Carney shapes as the man to succeed Scott Prince as Gold Coast Titans halfback.

The Titans signed Sezer, 20, several months ago as the new face for the halves because of Mat Rogers' departure at the end of 2010 and the imminent retirement of Preston Campbell.

Todd Carney, who has been told by the Roosters he will not get another game this year after yet another off-field drama, has been linked with a number of NRL clubs, UK Superleague side Catalans Dragons in France and rugby union.

On Sunday there was speculation the Titans would enter the race for Carney's signature, but the club's football manager Scott Clark refuted that idea last night.

"It is nothing more than a rumour," Clark said. Scott Prince is not going anywhere and we have not been talking to Carney or his manager.

"We have the halves well covered next year with Princey, Sezer, Beau Henry, Jordan Rankin, Greg Bird and the like."

Sezer made the 2010 Toyota Cup Team of the Year and was named in the Junior Kangaroos squad to play the Junior Kiwis, but was forced to withdraw through injury.

Injuries continue to wreak havoc at the Titans with centre Dominique Peyroux breaking his hand against Canberra last weekend.

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Another devastating injury, Dom has been fantastic for us in his few games and I was hoping he would gain further NRL game time before the season was out. This will stretch our playing stocks to the limit.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER