Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Agree with everyone else. I hate sounding like a disgruntled Titans fan by blaming the refs, especially when we're not winning but it just feels like we never get a call in our favor, we've always got 50% the penalty count the opposing team has, someones they even have 3 times as much, no consistency (ala late shots on Prince), walking off the mark, .e.t.c

I'm sick of refs continually impacting on games.
    A good ref is one that keeps his whistle in his pocket and allows a game to flow.
    Please Mr Ref, your there to maintain the flow of the game, not impede it.
    And for pity sakes, stop coaching the teams, particularly in scrums.
    Stop calling players off side. If their off side, penalize them but don't call them out of a tackle.

Default Video ref dumped after Manly blunder

AAP Mon, May 02, 2011 - 6:23 PM

NRL video referee Paul Simpkins has been stood down over his controversial no-try decision during the Manly-North Queensland clash on Saturday.

Simpkins ruled that Manly centre Jamie Lyon knocked-on before flicking a pass to Sea Eagles winger Michael Oldfield who ran 60 metres to cross the tryline late in the game won 22-20 by the Cowboys.

In their review on Monday, NRL referees' coaches Stuart Raper and Bill Harrigan ruled that Lyon had knocked the ball back, rather than forward, and a try should have been awarded to Oldfield.

"A lot of the time we are talking about decisions that can be fairly argued either way but there are also times when the referees have to accept that they simply made the wrong call and this is one of those occasions," Harrigan said.

"The ball was always going back from the hands, the video referee had the 40m line as a guide and the try therefore should have been awarded.

"Paul (Simpkins) has accepted the consequences of that and has been replaced for the Round nine Gold Coast match that we had scheduled him for."

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    AAP Mon, May 02, 2011 - 6:23 PM

NRL video referee Paul Simpkins has been stood down over his controversial no-try decision during the Manly-North Queensland clash on Saturday.
    Good!

I swear referees are coming here to the Gold Coast for a holiday or social life as their minds are obviously elsewhere as evidenced by another inept refereeing performance. Every home game this year appears to contain some terrible refereeing calls and the NRL has to seriously question the mindset of the officials when they board flights for the Gold Coast. Some of these referees must be nearly asleep to make such pivotal errors...no excuses for the team because they were off their game today...but the refs appear to be like that every game!

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I swear referees are coming here to the Gold Coast for a holiday or social life as their minds are obviously elsewhere as evidenced by another inept refereeing performance. Every home game this year appears to contain some terrible refereeing calls and the NRL has to seriously question the mindset of the officials when they board flights for the Gold Coast. Some of these referees must be nearly asleep to make such pivotal errors...no excuses for the team because they were off their game today...but the refs appear to be like that every game!
    There were some pivotal errors by the refs today. However the Titans sucked

QLD Cup Titan

Unfortunately as much as I would like to lay blame on a few "dodgy" calls today - the team lost that game to a much better warriors side :-(

Referees are penalising too many nitpicking type things which have no impact on the game.
    Players to blame for todays loss though. Warriors were switched on Titans weren't

Half their team were recovering from the Test and we hit them with pillows ... very disheartening and the refs? The penalty count could have been anything the way we played :-(
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Time to bump this thread....

How ordinary was the penalty for Mini's playt he ball? Don't get me started on some of the other decisions in other games.

IMO refereeing is killing the game at NRL level. It's that simple. I find it harder and harder to watch NRL each week, and it's not just the Titans, it's pathetic across the level.

And it's starting to seep into SOO which has largely been left to regulate itself, which is what has made Origin footy so awesome. It's like old-school football that is left to find it's own "modus-operandi".

Anyway, the NRL will shrivel and die if they keep denying the fans what they have come to see, a contest decided by the players on the field, not the officials overseeing it.

I've just about had a gutful of referees deciding outcomes (usually wrongly!) or changing the flow of a game because it doesn't suit their opinions on how the game should be played. What a bunch of tossers!

Titans are the only team that get penalised for 'walking' off the mark.
    The penanlty against Mini was crucial and a real momentum killer for nothing!
    Honestly it's no wonder the players have all but given up on the season, when things like that go against them.
    In other years, they get on with it this year, things like that just deflate the team.

QLD Cup Titan

What about the 2 times this year the ref has blown his whistle, made a decision, both to the Titans advantage and then watched the replay on the big screen and CHANGED HIS MIND!!!!!!!!!! Yes, every game they make a decision and it may be right or wrong but once the whistle is blown then the decision is made and should not be allowed to change even if the original decision was not correct!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!! Someone correct me, but I haven't seen that happen to any other team??

I'm certainly not blaming the refs for our losses this year but they have certainly been an influence in some games for the momentum turn towards the other teams. The reffing is so inconsistent throughout the nrl each game, each week it is absolutely ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by eelectrica View Post
    Titans are the only team that get penalised for 'walking' off the mark.
    You don't watch many games do you ?
    The refs miss 99% of people walking of the mark but Titans are not the only team that gets penalised.

Quote Originally Posted by eelectrica View Post
    In other years, they get on with it this year, things like that just deflate the team.
    Refs have been terrible for a long time, it's not only this year.
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 17-07-11 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Hehe, it's crazy that these days with two refs, two touchies 'n a video ref, and they can still ballz it up.

But yeah, bad decisions going against us this year has contributed to us being in the position that we're in. Not entirely, as others have mentioned. But a noticable amount nonetheless..

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    You don't watch many games do you ?
    The refs miss 99% of people walking of the mark but Titans are not the only team that gets penalised.

I've seen plenty of games where players walk off the mark, ref ignores it so yes, it does seem it's only the Titans that get penalised for it.
    But yes the Refs have been terrible for a while now.