View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Penrith have signed troubled Wests Tigers forward Daine Laurie to a two-year deal despite criminal proceedings into an alleged assault of his girlfriend.

Laurie appeared at Campbelltown Local Court on Tuesday charged with assaulting his partner and mother of his two children at their Leumeah home last week.

He was released from the final year of his contract with the Tigers to take up the deal at Penrith.

"We have done a deal with Daine," confirmed Panthers chief executive Michael Leary.

"We have spoken with the Tigers and everything is fine (for a release).

"It's a court case now and we cannot discuss that.

"We think he is a great acquisition for the club."

The Tigers meanwhile have been active in the player market signing former Panther Junior Moors and Wigan utility Mark Flanagan for next year.

Englishman Flanagan can play halfback, five-eighth and lock and will fill the utility role vacated by John Morris who is off to Cronulla.

"Mark is a raw talent. There is plenty of improvement in him and hopefully under Tim Sheens, we can bring that out," said Tigers recruitment manager Warren McDonnell.

"He is a tough no-nonsense player with a strong work ethic."

The Tigers have an option to extend Flanagan's stay into 2011.

The 22-year-old Flanagan made his first grade for Wigan this year after joining the Warriors in 2007 from Bradford Bulls.

His father, Terry, represented Great Britain four times between 1983 and 1984.

Moors heads to the Tigers after an injury ravaged-season and the Tigers also have an option to extend his deal for a further year.

The 23-year-old forward played 24 first grade games for the Panthers but had his 2009 season ruined by a broken ankle in the club's first trial game of the year.

"Junior is looking forward to working under Tim Sheens and will push hard for a first grade front row position," said McDonnell.
    LINK

If we are going for troubled people that could be turned around with positive peers, why didnt we look at this bloke instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Is it possible to view the voting results, and who is voting.

This is a vote that could be loaded by non titans supporters
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

i voted NO without much thought but i am now sitting on the fence with it..

i will be supporting my team and renewing my membership no matter what happpens... i believe everyone deserves a second chance in life.
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Is it possible to view the voting results, and who is voting.

This is a vote that could be loaded by non titans supporters
    I don't think it was stacked. May have been a couple, but mostly Titans fans.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

i will be a memember for 2010 but so not going to be a happy memember if they do sign him.......

He could improve our team, but since I'm not a fan of the man, I voted no. We just need to clone 17 Prestons, then we wouldn't have to worry about character.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-news.html

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

They are all ready in this thread but i thought i'll put the links up so u all can see wat comments have been said on there aswell

Junior Titan

If I remember correctly, Bird and Gallen were known as the 'bash brothers' at Cronulla.
    Don't like his style of play....think he has little to offer the club.....has the morals of an alley cat.....I could go on!
    Michael Searle NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I say break him out of jail, we would be paying him diddly squat.

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Esi Tonga
    5. David Mead
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Aaron Cannings
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Ashley Harrison
    13. Greg Bird

14. Matthew White
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Mark Minichello
    17. Luke O'Dwyer

Hmm? He would play a Feleti Mateo type role for us.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Probably going against the crowd with this one. I'm still on the fence, but I went with yes in the vote, with a whole lot of conditions.

He would obviously need to have the conviction against him overturned first, but if that happens I think he should be given a second chance. Get him on heavily incentive based contract with strict rules about his behaviour. Get him working with the community and if he looks like breaking the rules, get rid of him.

I think he should be given the chance to get his life back on track and maybe getting away from Sydney could do it for him.

He is a good player, and I think the point Searle makes about how things went with Walker is a good one. It would have been a shame if Walker wasn't given the oppourtunity the Titans gave him. They haven't jumped into this decision lightly. They will be doing their homework on him and if they still believe he will be an assest to the club, I think he has the potential to be a good signing.
    I agree mostly. I wasn't around these forums at the time but I'm sure the decision to sign Walker would have also sparked controversy among this forum and others but we all now how that turned out. Walks is now a family man.
    If the Titans were to sign Bird, I'm sure they wouldn't just jump in, as amaline said, they'd do their homework and place certain conditions down just as they did with Walker.

For these reasons I voted Yes, but if Bird was to be signed and played at 5/8, I would change it to No

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Esi Tonga/Tomane
    5. David Mead
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Aaron Cannings
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Ashley Harrison
    13. Greg Bird

14. Matthew White/Henderson
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Mark Minichello
    17. Luke O'Dwyer

Spot on mate & i spoke with a current player who said he would be happy to have him on board next year
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Esi Tonga
    5. David Mead
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Aaron Cannings
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Ashley Harrison
    13. Greg Bird

14. Matthew White
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Mark Minichello
    17. Luke O'Dwyer

I can't help but look at that and overlook Bird. I look to the backs and think Tomane would have to be not happy. Leaving the potentially grand finalists this year to play for the Ipswich!

It doesn't matter what he says or does, he was found guilty of glassing his girlfriend. He said his mate did it and then when he got caught out both he and his girlfriend said it didn't happen the way it was reported.
    She's a typical battered woman who can't see him for what he his because she's so insecure.
    He's a grub on and off the field and you can't change a leopard's spots, no matter what he agrees to out of desperation.
    No real man would ever consider glassing a woman, no matter what the circumstance or aggravation.
    Every member of the Titans is a credit to the team and to the Gold Coast, and that definitely includes Walker.
    I would rather have a complete team of classy, skilful and talented men. One single grub can ruin the team's overall image and aura.
    The Titans is not a half-way house or a rehabilitation centre, it's a professional sporting organization that depend on its supporters and sponsors for survival. Considering the possibility of signing Bird is a dangerous step down the wrong path.
    I'm a Foundation Member and this would certainly take the shine of the team for me and I would seriously consider reducing my financial commitment to the team going forward.
    My question would be, who next? If Gallen was available, would they approach him.
    I would rather loose with class than win with ****s.

If Bird's conviction isn't overturned, maybe we could look at Todd Carney.
    I'm sure he's just misunderstood.

A signing like this would have me seriously questioning my support for the titans. While much of the focus has been on him glassing his girlfriend there are other reasons i do not want him at the club. He is one of my most disliked players in the game. He isn't even a dirty player, he is a flat out cheat. Wish i could remember exactly what he did but against souths he copped a 12 game suspension for i think punching someone (ala danny williams kind of hit). I love the titans and what they stand for. While i have not liked some players that much upon their arrivals i have grown to enjoy seeing them in titans colours. Not Greg Bird tho! You know you really dont like a player when your first instinct about this happening is..... i dont want to have to support a different club....