Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Low Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think the Titans TV should balance it's content between an all players and fans Red Faces and Blankety Blanks style format.
    Coaster is our own Graham Kennedy!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I take low crowds personally and it's my goal in life to see massive home crowds.

But it's sad to see the Titans getting the "GCU" treatment from the Bulletin.

This effort on GoldCoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I take low crowds personally and it's my goal in life to see massive home crowds.

I saw that and thought it was harsh

Im sure your Goal will come true, it takes time.

there are a few main factors in low crowds, most of which has been mentioned.

tickets prices, food and bev prices, home team winning or not, opposing teams fans and the opposing team in general - is it a rival, is it a benji or JT playing etc.

one more though, is the state of the game in general.

This year, Rugby League is in a funny place. Bill Harrigan has slowed it down, now teams can defend easier, less tries are scored and less long range tries are scored. The game is a bit more dour than it was a couple of years ago.

but it is cyclical, and things will turn soon, teams will adapt(some have already) and work out ways to counter the defense.

And while the last few rounds there have been some higher scores due to injury,mental fatigue after 20 odd rounds, and teams not as committed as they fall out of finals contention, in the middle of the season there were some horrible games. just boring. and i barely could watch it at home let alone pay money go watch it.

Actually put it this way, i have a media pass for fox, and i can sit out in the box in front of fatty and wally,on the 50m line, free drink and food, and i still only went to games i had to work at. Last year before i had the pass, i paid to go to almost every home game.

food / tickets and home team chances are always gonna be whats most important, but knowing you are going to an aimless grind (badly) controlled by refs doesnt help either.

P.S. i heard recently the same company has the tender for the suns games at metricon and the AFL fans are just as pissed... time to run this company out of town, ALLCONNEX styles!

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

Well that looks to be the western stand, which was well I wouldn't say full, but there were plenty of people in those seats anyway. They may as well take a photo of a buililding undergoing renovations, and say that the economy of the entire city is at an all time low cos this business has gone under (well it looks like it cos of the renovations), or someone in hospital, and say the city they live in is full of crime everywhere you turn. Or maybe a couple of Suns players celebrating a goal, with a headline that says the suns are the most successful football team in Australia for both codes. I know they're a bit exaggerated but so is this article and picture.

Going to be some tough crowds for raiders and eels. Cant even buy eels tickets until tomorrow.

Ticktek sales of this match being down for over half a day didn't help.

This has been corrected by the Titans now.