Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Low Crowds

QLD Cup Titan

Another thing to drag the titans name through the mud - when your down they like to beat you at all angles don't they!

There's no denying the crowd numbers are down this year. But to use a photo most likely taken well before main game kick-off is poor form of Foxsports.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    There's no denying the crowd numbers are down this year. But to use a photo most likely taken well before main game kick-off is poor form of Foxsports.

My thoughts too. Probably taken before the U20's even kicked off.
    Titans have somehow become whipping boys both on and off the field. Which kinda sucks tbh.

Does Rupert Murdoch own Foxsports?

yes he does and as much as Murdoch and his cronies get up my nose there does seem to be a worrying trend of off-handedness from our management.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

What really annoys me is that the Titans are probably by far the best team off the field, and yet rather than writing articles about the good stuff, its the bad stuff that's getting all the publicity. ie Matt White's drink driving, false allegations about Greg Bird, and these low crowds with a distasteful picture that does not reflect the situation. The media really wanna drag us through the mud. I remember last year after the Storm's salary cap rort was revealed, the media was all about 'it must be upsetting for the players to have nothing to play for this year', yet they fabricate stories about how Searle is having a 400k house built for Prince free of charge. I guess its us against the rest of the comp

You can make any sort of statement you want from photography. It is even easier than words and more powerful.

We are certainly being unfairly picked on here. And I don't like it how there is this perception that we did something wrong. I'm sure we didn't for a variety of reasons. It's easy to get caught, we are smarter than that and it'd mean we paid transport costs that we didn't have to.

I also wonder if this is just a sign of bigger things going on. Obviously we aren't at all happy with our situation and maybe this is an example of a bit of bite back.

But we DO have issues with our crowd numbers and I invite as much fact and reality into the discussion as possible. But let's be fair.

You don't see the Lions get savaged about their crowds and falling empire!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

That's a fair call DH, I would like to make the point that when the chips are down then management should be doing all they can to rally the supporter base - one of those rallying points should be solid front of positive reinforcement that the club does have answers - unfortunately the only communication we seem to get is either through the media blowing something up or as a knee-jerk reaction to the media blowing something up.

C'mon guys, get on the front foot!

Well now that Michael Searle is back in Australia after being away on serious business, we may now see us take more of an active attitude.

Alot is being done behind the scenes by the club. But I agree Titanic, communicating that is very important. You can never overvalue image and perception.

Right now we need to do our best to promote the Storm game, we have two away games against the Knights and Sharks, so we have a good time frame.

One thing is for sure, none of us. Club and supporters should and will take this lying down.

My love of Rugby League is deep and broad. But I can tell you that Titans crowd figures and Membership levels are the centre of my solar system.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Call me cynical but the Gold Coast Bulletin is only going to print articles and supporting photos that they believe will sell more papers...it is a business after all. What I mean by that is when we are riding high they is a plethora of feel good articles such as fans showing their colours in shop fronts etc. but when times are tough they are even more ruthless and can go overboard. Don't expect to get any better this season!
    My thoughts are the Titans should continue to concentrate on their own media (albeit social media) because they have NO CONTROL over the Gold Coast Bulletin and quite frankly it would be more effective and enable fans to develop a real connection to the club.
    For example of this is Barack Obama has a pretty poor relationship with the newspaper industry in USA but his social networking enables him to be very popular with the general population despite what the papers write.
    I believe the Titans are on the right track but it could be better!

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    My thoughts are the Titans should continue to concentrate on their own media (albeit social media) because they have NO CONTROL over the Gold Coast Bulletin and quite frankly it would be more effective and enable fans to develop a real connection to the club.
    For example of this is Barack Obama has a pretty poor relationship with the newspaper industry in USA but his social networking enables him to be very popular with the general population despite what the papers write.
    I believe the Titans are on the right track but it could be better!
    You are absolutely right, I agree with that. Cut out the middle man. And as a bonus develop a close bond with the fans, our best ambassadors and advocates.

Word of mouth is more powerful than the GC Bulletin and that word has to come from the fans, players and the club as they are the true believers!

Look at that god awful song Friday as proof of the power of youtube.

A titans channel on youtube with links on the FB page are ways of spreading the word. The trick is figuring out what content to put up that would make people watch.

I think the Titans TV should balance it's content between an all players and fans Red Faces and Blankety Blanks style format.

I'm happy you guys are thinking this way, because I have too for a long time. Might be a plan guys. We have such depth in our club, amazing facilities, personalities and a great fan base. If anyone has scope to build such a personality and relationship with its supporter it's the Gold Coast Titans.