Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Low Crowds

Junior Titan

well hubby and I rarely eat and drink at the game.
    besides the expense, all alcohol gives me migraines and to be honest....the food is pretty second rate!

agree about Cowboys stadium too. we were there for the Titans game a few weeks back, the "food"..... a soggy sausage roll and soggy chips went in the bin.

I won't buy food or drink at the ground either. I organise myself to have something either before or after the game depening on kick off time.

A lot of other people have simply decided not to go.

1. More people will show up when the boys fire up on the field.

2. The food prices are too high... the punter already has lowered expectations regarding quality, but to be hit by excessive pricing as well... it is like you're getting hit twice.

3. the ticketing- I don't have a beef with the prices, but the categories. More than half the stadium is titanium class seating, it doesn?t make me feel like I am buy something special (or guaranteed a good seat) it makes me feel ripped off.

Maybe part of the solution is a Titans Leagues Club that we can all eat at!

But the points about more regional fans is true. They don't reap the benefits of free travel and have to pay extra petrol costs.

And we have alot of fans from the Nothern Rivers, out Toowoomba way and even up north.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I fear we may get our lowest home crowd ever next week as Roosters supporters don't travel & don't follow them unless they are winning
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I fear we may get our lowest home crowd ever next week as Roosters supporters don't travel & don't follow them unless they are winning
    That would be devastating. I hope we get a decent crowd. Losing on the weekend doesn't help. Hopefully they offer some form of Monday night ticket offer.

Last year they did the Titans on a School Night promo. Something I Elisha they should keep and build on.

Ill keep you posted re: ticket sales.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup Titan

Aren't we playing sat night????
    As for food and drink prices - we either do the maccas thing on the way down or home (depends on time) or we bring our own!!!! You are allowed to do that and I think not many people know that. As long as it is home made and not commercial you can bring in all you like. Not hard to buy a chook and make rolls or even do a subway run and wrap in glad wrap from home hehe. We bring heaps of snacks to keep my little madam happy too - as long as they are in ziplock bags or containers they don't blink an eye. Drinks can be brought in as well as long as no cans and unopened! Maybe more people especially families should do it and boycott the food - maybe that will help bring down the prices!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    Aren't we playing sat night????
    As for food and drink prices - we either do the maccas thing on the way down or home (depends on time) or we bring our own!!!! You are allowed to do that and I think not many people know that. As long as it is home made and not commercial you can bring in all you like. Not hard to buy a chook and make rolls or even do a subway run and wrap in glad wrap from home hehe. We bring heaps of snacks to keep my little madam happy too - as long as they are in ziplock bags or containers they don't blink an eye. Drinks can be brought in as well as long as no cans and unopened! Maybe more people especially families should do it and boycott the food - maybe that will help bring down the prices!!!!
    I didn't know this.
    I will be mentioning this on the podcast. More people need to know. Can you bring eskys? The soft ones the Titans gave out I guess. How to you store drinks ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I don't mind the quality of the food when I go to the footy. I don't expect gourmet delicacies, I just want something that tastes ok and that stops me from feeling hungry. I just hate the fact that they expect you to fork out half your weekly wage on something that should cost alot less. I doubt this has much effect on crowd numbers (scheduling, marketing and team performance are bigger factors IMO) but that doesn't mean it is right.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    But the points about more regional fans is true. They don't reap the benefits of free travel and have to pay extra petrol costs.

And we have alot of fans from the Nothern Rivers, out Toowoomba way and even up north.
    I find it funny how I get free travel to the game from 200km away yet fans from Beaudesert can't because of the lack of train services.

Quote Originally Posted by travis burch View Post
    3. the ticketing- I don't have a beef with the prices, but the categories. More than half the stadium is titanium class seating, it doesn?t make me feel like I am buy something special (or guaranteed a good seat) it makes me feel ripped off.
    Fully agree. Especially when the Titanium seating stretches all the way to the corners. Titanium is $57 while Steel is $30. Seems ludicrous that the most premium seat type in the stadium can end up putting you in line with the dead ball line when you are paying almost double the price.

QLD Cup Titan

Yes we often use the members esky bag from last year. I just buy water from the supermarket in advance and take it in. You can also take a flask and cups in - we have taken both coffee and hot chocolate in :-) It is on the skilled park website if you want to check what they say you can bring in! We thought originally we had to smuggle he he.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Fully agree. Especially when the Titanium seating stretches all the way to the corners. Titanium is $57 while Steel is $30. Seems ludicrous that the most premium seat type in the stadium can end up putting you in line with the dead ball line when you are paying almost double the price.
    I don't know if anyone remembers, but there was a cheap ticket called "sand"... what happened to it?

QLD Cup Titan

Food & Beverages

Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of the Stadium. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Alcohol may only be consumed in clearly marked areas of the Stadium.

Deliveries from external caterers will not be permitted into the Stadium.

Patrons are generally not permitted to bring food or beverage products purchased at commercial outlets outside the Stadium's licensed area into the Stadium. Decisions about whether such products will be permitted are at the discretion of the Owner or the Hirer. Patrons will generally be advised to dispose of such items or will have the items confiscated prior to entering the Stadium. This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers.

Patrons are allowed to bring homemade items such as sandwiches, biscuits, cake provided they are packaged appropriately. (Small juice, milk or water bottles are permitted provided the item is contained in a cardboard or plastic container with the seals unbroken). Tea or coffee in a thermos is acceptable (which will be checked).

Link: http://www.titans.com.au/default.asp...w=true&id=2327

Hope this helps some of you out in food regards - make sure you spread the word too - most people I speak to are unaware of it too!

Banned

unfortunately in the paper lots of people are saying they wont ever go to a titans game again because of the expenses, a below par start to the season isn't helping crowd figures either.

Mid-strength Beer (425ml)

Gabba - $6.60 (up 30c)
    Suncorp - $6.60 (up 30c)
    Skilled - $6.60 (up 30c)
    Dairy Farmers - $6 (up 50c)
    MCG - $6.40
    SCG - $6.20
    Waca - $6.40

Pie

Gabba - $4.60 (up 20c)
    Suncorp - $4.60 (up 20c)
    Skilled - $4.50 (up 30c)
    Dairy Farmers (only gourmet) - $5 (up 10c)
    MCG - $4.40
    SCG - $4.50
    WACA - $4.50

Hot chips (Large)

Gabba - $5.25 (up 25c)
    Suncorp - $5.20 (up 20c)
    Skilled - $5 (up 20c)
    Dairy Farmers - $5 (same)
    MCG - $5
    SCG - $5.20
    WACA - $4.50

Soft drink (600ml)

Gabba - $4.80 (up 20c)
    Suncorp - $4.80 (up 20c)
    Skilled - $4.60 (up 20c)
    Dairy Farmers - $4.50 (up 40c)
    MCG - $4.50
    SCG - $4.60
    WACA - $4.40
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

The whole thing reminds me of a joke.
    A man approaches a young girl operating a lemonade stand and asks how much for a glass. She replies "$1000." The man replies, "you can't expect to sell too many for that price." She says, "I only have to sell one."