Default Why are we pursueing Backs When we need forwards

It baffles me that we are hunting up big name signings for the backline when we are in need of greater depth in our forwards. I understand we have some good young players coming through in RIDGE, JAMES, TAGGAZ, and SRAMA,LAWNTON and PAGE. in the forwards however we have an abundance of quality young backs that need more game time to come to fruition. Surely we could spend the vast sums that are being brandished around on these young forwards in order to keep them. If we don't start looking after them financially then other clubs will contract them under our noses and the development we have done will be lost.

Mini, Harrison, Henderson and White are contracted until the end of next year and I'd assume the majority will be re-signed next year. Bull is set to sign a 2 year extension and we will most likely retain either Bird or laffranchi. Add the younger guys to this list who are all locked in for a few years. Our current forward pack is dominating most oppositions it comes up against and I see no real need for change there. I wouldn't mind a big guy like Kennedy though.

We have been struggling to score point, which usually means the problem is in the backline. The Titans chasing backs makes sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I absolutely agree with Tamwelg
    See when centers like gaz get the ball the can create sumthin outa nothing Btw haven't u noticed we've been using fowards (2nd rowers) as centres?

The problems we are having scoring points is not generated from the centres to the wingers. The main problem has been the cohesion in our 6 and 7. With Zillmanin at 6 for the moment and given some time to form a partnership with Princey you will find we will start firing in the outside backs area and start scoring points out wide. This was painfully evident with the Rat and Princey's combination. The Halves pairing is the link to scoring points out wide.
    Our forwards depth is my concern as during any season you can go through up to 8 front rowers and nearly 6 second rowers not including the locks position. The boys I mentioned are only on short term contracts and will be lost if we dont sure up their contracts with a little sweeter deals. Other clubs are developing and keeping younger forwards, something we seem to have trioubles doing. You have got to have your engine room sorted out or no matter how good your backs are they won't go anywhere

Junior Titan

Our Depth in our 2nd Row is very good but we are missing a metre eater like Moi Moi. James is coming along very well and may stake a claim for a starting position shortly but i still think we are 1 front rower short of having the best pack and reserves in the comp.

This front rower needs to have experience with the potential to make metres and break takles. Dave Taylor, Nate Myles, Martin Kennedy, Kade Snowdon & Josh McGuire are good examples of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    The problems we are having scoring points is not generated from the centres to the wingers. The main problem has been the cohesion in our 6 and 7. With Zillmanin at 6 for the moment and given some time to form a partnership with Princey you will find we will start firing in the outside backs area and start scoring points out wide. This was painfully evident with the Rat and Princey's combination. The Halves pairing is the link to scoring points out wide.
    Our forwards depth is my concern as during any season you can go through up to 8 front rowers and nearly 6 second rowers not including the locks position. The boys I mentioned are only on short term contracts and will be lost if we dont sure up their contracts with a little sweeter deals. Other clubs are developing and keeping younger forwards, something we seem to have trioubles doing. You have got to have your engine room sorted out or no matter how good your backs are they won't go anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    It baffles me that we are hunting up big name signings for the backline when we are in need of greater depth in our forwards. I understand we have some good young players coming through in RIDGE, JAMES, TAGGAZ, and SRAMA,LAWNTON and PAGE. in the forwards however we have an abundance of quality young backs that need more game time to come to fruition. Surely we could spend the vast sums that are being brandished around on these young forwards in order to keep them. If we don't start looking after them financially then other clubs will contract them under our noses and the development we have done will be lost.
    Ridge is contracted until end of 2013, James 2014 and Tagga 2013. Srama is in negotiations and I'm extremely sure will be re-signed on a 2/3 year deal. Lawton and Page I'm not sure about. With 3 years considered long term. I think we already have them locked up for now mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Luke Douglas says hi
    Mark Minichiello ---> Team Italy