Thread: Bad Starts

Default Bad Starts

We really need to work on our starts to games, first 25 min.
    I am only going off memory but I cannot remember us scoring a point in any game this year in the first 25, and we have been flogged during that time against Dragons, Storm, Cowboys, Tigers.

Anyone want to do some stat searching for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

well i will say this round 5 vs tigers first half tigers 14-8 titans 2nd half titans 12-0

round 4 vs raiders 1st half titans 12 raiders 10 2nd half titans 11 raiders 12

round 3 vs broncos 1st half titans 6-0 2nd half broncos 2-14

round 2 vs storm titans 0 storm 28 2nd half 12-12

round 1 vs dragons titans 6 - 12 dragons 2nd half dragons 13 titans 10

sorry a bit messy but it seems we usually have better finishes

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    well i will say this round 5 vs tigers first half tigers 14-8 titans 2nd half titans 12-0

round 4 vs raiders 1st half titans 12 raiders 10 2nd half titans 11 raiders 12

round 3 vs broncos 1st half titans 6-0 2nd half broncos 2-14

round 2 vs storm titans 0 storm 28 2nd half 12-12

round 1 vs dragons titans 6 - 12 dragons 2nd half dragons 13 titans 10

sorry a bit messy but it seems we usually have better finishes
    What about after 25 min, just guessing but would look more like
    R1: 12-nil
    R2: 22-nil
    R3: 0-0
    R4: 6- 6
    R5: 22- nil
    R6: 14- nil

So about 76-6 difference, that's massive
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    What about after 25 min, just guessing but would look more like
    R1: 12-nil
    R2: 22-nil
    R3: 0-0
    R4: 6- 6
    R5: 22- nil
    R6: 14- nil

So about 76-6 difference, that's massive
    yeah thats about right, its not good because teams like the dragons and storm are good enough to repel us at our best let alone letting them get a big start

it definatley stands outs, the starts are woeful how good would it be to start a game from the front

We are lucky, you can't do that in Rugby League, a game of momentum, you'll get eaten alive.

Hopefully they have settled and can just handle business from the 1st minute.

Otherwise us Titans fans won't be able to hand the stress!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup Titan

We always seem to be a team that does better when chasing a score rather than getting out to a lead - am sure they like just giving us fans some early aging moments!!!! Those stats however show us that things like ill discipline/penalties are a big factor in our game early on - giving other teams field position and causing us to defend a lot in the early part of the game. Need to clean up those things and play solid defensively for a whole 80 - I believe they can do it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    We always seem to be a team that does better when chasing a score rather than getting out to a lead - am sure they like just giving us fans some early aging moments!!!! Those stats however show us that things like ill discipline/penalties are a big factor in our game early on - giving other teams field position and causing us to defend a lot in the early part of the game. Need to clean up those things and play solid defensively for a whole 80 - I believe they can do it!!!!
    I agree completely, seems we're always playing catch up footy and we do catch up better than we maintain a lead. Like you said, working on our discipline and not giving away so many penalties will that in itself solve some of our poor start issues.