Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

Certainly putting a dampener on his return tomorrow night! Absolutely devastated that he is leaving us next year. He is worth so much to the club and the team and he will be sorely missed by all - especially us fans! Farewell Friendly :-(

Junior Titan

I hope this isn't anything to do with that fat useless hack idris

I am sick to the stomach!
    The FULL story is yet to come out...
    But until then..... This has been poorly communicated to the fans.....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Pity to lose him and love his passionate play - good luck to him, they'll pay him well and use him badly across the "dutch".

Our future now seems to be driven from inside. Brown is not the answer and I like Srama over Lawnton but of the off-contract players around I'd be chasing James Segeyaro if De Goise wasn't interested.

The king is dead, long live the king... we are never a one man team.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Segeyaro resigned with the cowboys until 2013 i think?? He would be a great sign though, he is going to be a great player. I havent seen much of Srama, but i watched Lawnton play on the weekend and he is a great footballer, played some first receiver too, much much better than Brown

Friend is just what the warriors need, they will be a much better team next year

Everyone makes it sound like we just lost the to be competitive next year, puhlease...Titans will move on and still be great

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    EXACTLY! The board should be made to answer this simple question, bacause, as GCT_89 rightly points out below, they should have made some sort of press release or something to make the fans aware they were not really interested in keeping his services.

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    I am sick to the stomach!
    The FULL story is yet to come out...
    But until then..... This has been poorly communicated to the fans.....
    Mate, you are 100% on this.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Friend is just what the warriors need, they will be a much better team next year
    And Titans will be much lesser without him, as we have been so far this season.

I just don't understand why they see so little value in him. That is the part i don't get. He took a pay-cut for the first few years, he cemented his place, he won over all the fans (even other clubs fans) and he repaid the Titans 10-fold on their investment.
    There is no sense behind this descision, and I have lost faith in the Titans board and the management.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    EXACTLY! The board should be made to answer this simple question, bacause, as GCT_89 rightly points out below, they should have made some sort of press release or something to make the fans aware they were not really interested in keeping his services.

Mate, you are 100% on this.

And Titans will be much lesser without him, as we have been so far this season.

I just don't understand why they see so little value in him. That is the part i don't get. He took a pay-cut for the first few years, he cemented his place, he won over all the fans (even other clubs fans) and he repaid the Titans 10-fold on their investment.
    There is no sense behind this descision, and I have lost faith in the Titans board and the management.
    this. what is up with searle, you have to be blind not to know friendy is at least top 4 hooker in the nrl, i think he is number 1 and theres no bias to that, i dont know about you guys but ill still be supporting friendy at the warriors but i really shouldnt have had to.

Gold Coast Titans hooker Nathan Friend joins New Zealand Warriors

GOLD Coast Titans hooker Nathan Friend will today sign a three-year-deal with the New Zealand Warriors.

The Warriors will stage a media conference this afternoon where they will confirm Friend, 30, will join the club at the end of the season.

Friend has been with the Titans since the Gold Coast returned to the NRL in 2007 and has made more appearances for the club than anyone else.

Last Friday night's loss to the Cowboys was Friend's 97th match for the Titans.

Friend dropped a bombshell last week when he revealed he was considering leaving the Titans at the end of the season after attracting offers from other clubs.

It is understood the Warriors deal is worth about $300,000 a season.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sad news but expected , it will be real kick in the **** if he helps bring the Warriors a Premiership
    #itaintweaktospeak

What a dismal season so far.
    Did we kill a china man last year or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

painful news wont be watching that media realease, going to upset a lot fo people going to be an interesting next couple of months at the titans
    just feel let down i am not quiet sure what direction the club is taking with recruitment etc, you never know they may come up with a surprise
    but feel shattered about freindy a true gentleman and clubperson the warriors gain

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

Everyone makes it sound like we just lost the to be competitive next year, puhlease...Titans will move on and still be great

Its sad that friend is leaving but have to look ahead he is 30 prob dosent have too many more seasons in him now is the time for the titans to groom a junior to fill the spot play him on the bench and give him 20-30mins a game alot like friend did at the storm and they will have a hooker who will suit the titans playing style instead of buying bargin bin players

Matty last year and Friendy next year.
    I don't know what to think anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Matty last year and Friendy next year.
    I don't know what to think anymore.
    a year or two and the original 2007 squad will all have moved on