Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    This so tough,

because as a fullback he was solid and reliable, but uncreative. we move him to centres or 5/8 and he starts scoring great tries and looking dangerous.

He is almost gonna be a victim of his versatility and get shoved around alot. But Cartwright loves him and has said he is a future Titans captain, so maybe hell get a permanent spot somewhere.

I have been impressed by rankins defense, he has matured alot, and his running game will come as he adapts his timing to the faster NRL games. but after only 6 or so games, does he deserve to replace one of our most committed players. probably not.

Maybe Zillman at fullback, with rankin serving a full year apprenticship on bench in 2012 covering a few backlines spots,even short stints at hooker from time to time to help him learn the game from more angles.

between Zill at fullback and rankin on bench, we are well covered for any injury that might come up mid game except for srama.

Will be interesting to see which way the coach goes
    I'll start off by welcoming you to the forum, it's always great to see new people on board

I agree with you about Zillman. After watching Rankin play yesterday, I was thinking he would be a great acquisition off the bench, he's got some speed, plus he's developing himself as a playmaker and will be better for the run next year. I know that Zillman provides some speed etc in the centers, and for now the setup is fine, but next year with the arrival of Champion and Idris compounded with the return of Gordon will mean Zillman returns to fullback. My only qualm with that is as you said doesn't get too involved with the attack back there, but I think the game plan must change to incorporate him as a major attacking weapon. This kid could be better than Slater if used correctly.

yeah agree totally,

Rankin is a good prospect but still needs a little time to fully develop, push too soon and we will never get the best out of him. He is similar to shannon walker in that way, whereas kids like Matt Srama and Keiran Foran come in and make it look like they've been doing it for years

As for Zillman attacking from the back, the thing is, as an attacking team, im not sure we are up to speed with the top teams, and we have to lay those foundations quick smart or well still be behind the 8 ball

I love Carty, but he needs to have an attack coach on the staff.(not a johns brother), someone like a Jason Taylor, who knows about organisation and structure, and how to 'unlock' a defence.

Its is an exciting problem to have though.

Thanks for the welcome

Doesnt anyone think that if Yow Yeh or Boyd get injured for QLD state of origin team then Zillman has a good shot at the winger position? Other contenders might be Willie Tonga (if he doesnt play centre) or maybe Brent Tate? Lote Tuquiri is another option (i dont like him) but i think Zillman would be the best choice.

Its hard to predict what the selectors think.

I think hed be close as a utility, and he is a much better player than Daniel Vidot who was the player considered next before yow yeh forced his way in.

Tate and Tonga would be before him and have sevred so well before.

Tiquiri is done i think, got shown up in that 4 nations final last year and been injured since.

It probably most depends on how the titans go. if we are pushing top 4 when origin rolls into town, who knows, and what he might do running support lines off Jamal all year, could explode.

im still gutted Mead has declared NSW, thought he would have been close if he kept his form up.

Would rather him cement a spot in the Titans line up first.

Quote Originally Posted by GC_Titans_Fan View Post
    Would rather him cement a spot in the Titans line up first.
    Very much this because Phil Graham will keep him honest.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Its hard to predict what the selectors think.

I think hed be close as a utility, and he is a much better player than Daniel Vidot who was the player considered next before yow yeh forced his way in.

Tate and Tonga would be before him and have sevred so well before.

Tiquiri is done i think, got shown up in that 4 nations final last year and been injured since.

It probably most depends on how the titans go. if we are pushing top 4 when origin rolls into town, who knows, and what he might do running support lines off Jamal all year, could explode.

im still gutted Mead has declared NSW, thought he would have been close if he kept his form up.
    Did Mead confirm tht he is going to play for NSW? He would have a slim chance to get into the NSW considering their strong backs.

And QLD don't?

Mead didnt declare himself a New South Welshman, opposite actually but that is the only team he is allowed to play for. Im going to get him registered with QLd if it's the last thing I do

And QLD don't?
    NSW have stronger backs then QLD. QLD have better halves pairing then NSW and QLD have a much better fullback and hooker than NSW do. Ontop of that QLD have better props. QLD are low on backs but NSW have so many options for centre, wing, fullback that its not funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    NSW have stronger backs then QLD. QLD have better halves pairing then NSW and QLD have a much better fullback and hooker than NSW do. Ontop of that QLD have better props. QLD are low on backs but NSW have so many options for centre, wing, fullback that its not funny...
    When you have Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Jharal Yow Yeh, Willie Tonga and Dane Nielsen to choose from, I don't think you are low on backs. imo

When you have Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Jharal Yow Yeh, Willie Tonga and Dane Nielsen to choose from, I don't think you are low on backs. imo
    Mate tht is 6 players to cover 4 positions (including Boyd). QLD compared to NSW doesnt have as much depth in the backs. QLD have heaps of depth in the halves (they practically have all of the NRL's best playmakers ie Thurston, Cronk, Cherry Evans, Prince). NSW are abundant in the backs with the likes of Hayne, Dugan, Brett Stewart, Brett Morris, Uate, Kevin Gordon, Chris Lawrence, Will Hoppa, Michael Jennings, Kurt Gidley, Beau Champion, Jamal Idris, Josh Morris, Timana Tahu, Michael Gordon, Anthony Minichiello, Tim Moltzen, Jamie Lyon, Kyle Stanley, Luke Burt, Nathan Merritt, Wes Naiqama, Nathan Gardner, Blake Ferguson, Joel Reddy. This list is going forever. QLD backs are Slater, Barba, Bowen, Boyd, Yow Yeh, Zillman, Hodges, Tuqiri, Willie Tonga, Brent Tate, Inglis, Maurice Blair, Ashley Graham. Thats it. Thats a ratio of 25+:13. See the difference?

Yeah the depth in the NSW side is deep compared to the Maroons.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Yea but the positions tht NSW dont have depth in is in the halves. They are lacking a quality playmaker. It couldve been Carney he would have filled himself in tht position but he obviously lost his way. Mateo should definitely be in the NSW team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Gee mate, it's raining in Nanjing, there's no footy on until tomorrow night and I just can't help myself:

Yep, the only depth that list represents is six feet under or should that be six years under the pump. As everyone knows 1 Qlder > 20 of the rest, so keep listing them and we'll keep burying them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.