Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
This so tough,

because as a fullback he was solid and reliable, but uncreative. we move him to centres or 5/8 and he starts scoring great tries and looking dangerous.

He is almost gonna be a victim of his versatility and get shoved around alot. But Cartwright loves him and has said he is a future Titans captain, so maybe hell get a permanent spot somewhere.

I have been impressed by rankins defense, he has matured alot, and his running game will come as he adapts his timing to the faster NRL games. but after only 6 or so games, does he deserve to replace one of our most committed players. probably not.

Maybe Zillman at fullback, with rankin serving a full year apprenticship on bench in 2012 covering a few backlines spots,even short stints at hooker from time to time to help him learn the game from more angles.

between Zill at fullback and rankin on bench, we are well covered for any injury that might come up mid game except for srama.

Will be interesting to see which way the coach goes
I'll start off by welcoming you to the forum, it's always great to see new people on board

I agree with you about Zillman. After watching Rankin play yesterday, I was thinking he would be a great acquisition off the bench, he's got some speed, plus he's developing himself as a playmaker and will be better for the run next year. I know that Zillman provides some speed etc in the centers, and for now the setup is fine, but next year with the arrival of Champion and Idris compounded with the return of Gordon will mean Zillman returns to fullback. My only qualm with that is as you said doesn't get too involved with the attack back there, but I think the game plan must change to incorporate him as a major attacking weapon. This kid could be better than Slater if used correctly.