Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shannon Walker - 2011 Discussion Thread

Shannon Walker - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Surely will feature this year...I hope we don't see him at the dragons or something next season

My 2c's worth ... I haven't seen much from this bloke to impress and am backing him in on the depth of support he gets on here. I like Zillman at fullback a lot but we need some variety and his 5/8 work is good and until Prince shows he can carry his weight then I also like Capewell around the pack.

Friend and Bird can steer the team around the park so can play 1? Mead has shown issues in defence and under the high ball, so with a roving commission he can do the job from the wing. So why not Walker?

We just have nothing on the edges. The turn the ball back to running forwards is an ancient plot if there is no back-up. We stand deep and run it half a dozen times and score twice, isn't that proof enough?

I haven't written off Prince nor have I forgotten Campbell (injured) but a youth policy is a much better option than a bandaid fix, surely.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-04-11 at 10:22 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

pitty his out for another 2-3 weeks due to suspension i fink
    really wanted to see him play

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    My 2c's worth ... I haven't seen much from this bloke to impress and am backing him in on the depth of support he gets on here. I like Zillman at fullback a lot but we need some variety and his 5/8 work is good and until Prince shows he can carry his weight then I also like Capewell around the pack.

Friend and Bird can steer the team around the park so can play 1? Mead has shown issues in defence and under the high ball, so with a roving commission he can do the job from the wing. So why not Walker?

We just have nothing on the edges. The turn the ball back to running forwards is an ancient plot if there is no back-up. We stand deep and run it half a dozen times and score twice, isn't that proof enough?

I haven't written off Prince nor have I forgotten Campbell (injured) but a youth policy is a much better option than a bandaid fix, surely.
    Shannon will force his way into the squad through his brilliance at producing linebreaks and finishing half chances...nothing else.

There isnt nothing on the edges, there is noone giving to the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Shannon will force his way into the squad through his brilliance at producing linebreaks and finishing half chances...nothing else.

There isnt nothing on the edges, there is noone giving to the edges.
    Sorry TEKE don't agree with you regarding Shannon. He is not at this stage consistent enough for my liking. Where would he play? You have got to have consistency in this day and age and without it you are as good as gone. Sure he has speed to burn, No defence though.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    Sorry TEKE don't agree with you regarding Shannon. He is not at this stage consistent enough for my liking. Where would he play? You have got to have consistency in this day and age and without it you are as good as gone. Sure he has speed to burn, No defence though.
    I dont disagree. My pt was "at the moment he has brilliance" which we all know about and needs consistency, however he has been playing quite well in the lower grade over the last year and into the trials.

I dont disagree. My pt was "at the moment he has brilliance" which we all know about and needs consistency, however he has been playing quite well in the lower grade over the last year and into the trials.
    Point taken Teke, there is no question that this kid has brilliance.

He was great during the trials and I just wish Zillman could've played 5/8 during the trials so Walker could've started the year in the firsts. His suspension has denied him a probable start. Not sure what kind of a talker he is on the field but we need him there at the back and lurking for those offloads and if we're to challenge for the title we need game breakers like Walker and Tomane.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Def agree he should be given another go at the NRL, he's really the x factor that we need, someone to turn our possession into something. With the players we have on paper, we have one of the strongest attacking sides so let's use them

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    He was great during the trials and I just wish Zillman could've played 5/8 during the trials so Walker could've started the year in the firsts. His suspension has denied him a probable start. Not sure what kind of a talker he is on the field but we need him there at the back and lurking for those offloads and if we're to challenge for the title we need game breakers like Walker and Tomane.
    Both Walker and Tomane are fairly quite guys on and off the field however their ability speaks volumes. I feel we could def use Tomane in the centre and if Carty wants to go all out attack Shannon can come in at fullback.

What is good is the partnership Mead has with Shannon, these 2 blokes tore it up in Q Cup when they played together and they know each others game fairly well.

If Shannon gets confident early in a NRL Match he would make Ben Barba look like a school Kid

Totally agreed^

I think Carty just needs to give him more games in at first grade, in doing that, he will get a feel of first grade and develop into a great player.

A definite X factor and game breaker

If Shannon gets confident early in a NRL Match he would make Ben Barba look like a school Kid

Barba has a lot more to offer then Walker, he is a lot better. This being said Walker is still a good player

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Barba has a lot more to offer then Walker, he is a lot better. This being said Walker is still a good player
    Barba has been given a chance and he is taking it. Just how much better is he? I dont think he is

Barba has been given a chance and he is taking it. Just how much better is he? I dont think he is
    Barba has the quality's that allow him to play anything from FB to HB. Whatever walker does Barba can match it and do more.

Barba is a smart/ resourceful player he showed us that last night, he reminds me of a young mat rogers.

Walker has nothing on Barba, he might have the speed though.