Default Esikeli Tonga - 2011 Discussion Thread

Esikeli Tonga - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Should be perservered with. After such a long lay-off, he's showing a bit more each week as he grows in confidence. Pity the halves aren't playing a more expansive game as he looks good with a bit of space ... oh yeah, that's what halves are for ;-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Should be perservered with. After such a long lay-off, he's showing a bit more each week as he grows in confidence. Pity the halves aren't playing a more expansive game as he looks good with a bit of space ... oh yeah, that's what halves are for ;-)
    Totally agree with you 100%. This kid is just coming into a bit of form after such a bad run with injuries. He is capable of big defence and can easily bust the line when he is given a bit of room to move.

Junior Titan

Tonga is doing a great job. I really like the way he goes about and is def improving with every match.

Re-Sign Tonga Please.....

I was so excited with the prospect of Tonga playing at 108kg in the centers last year. If he can build himself back up to that weight, he will be unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    I was so excited with the prospect of Tonga playing at 108kg in the centers last year. If he can build himself back up to that weight, he will be unstoppable.
    Its all good being 108Kg. I believe he is looking fitter and faster with better agility at his current weight. He is still a freight train once he gets going, those extra kilo's will only slow him down and reduce his capacity to go the full 80minutes.

Not only do I like him as a player, but he also has a really good combination with Gordon going on. It's a shame Gordon got injured so early this season because they pulled off some pretty good tries between the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    Its all good being 108Kg. I believe he is looking fitter and faster with better agility at his current weight. He is still a freight train once he gets going, those extra kilo's will only slow him down and reduce his capacity to go the full 80minutes.
    Esi will naturally put on 10 kgs by the time he is 30. He looks as fit as ever right now.
    Last edited by teke; 20-04-11 at 12:47 AM.