Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Junior

Is Tomane injured? He hasnt played Qcup the last 2 weeks?

Junior Titan

i just looked at nrl stats and it said tomane was on the wing for melbourne lol?

toyota cup that is

Didn't play this weekend due to illness. He was taken to hospital but is home again today.

Tomane targets Brumbies' No13

BY CHRIS DUTTON, RUGBY UNION
    05 Aug, 2011 04:00 AM

Joseph Tomane hopes getting an early release from his NRL contract will accelerate his bid to be the ACT Brumbies midfield wrecking ball next year.
    And while Tomane arrived in Canberra yesterday, Brumbies coach Jake White will finalise his 30-man roster today when he announces his last four recruits.

Despite being six months out from the start of the season, White has already ramped up preparation for his first Super Rugby campaign.

In major news:

Leon Power, Zack Holmes, Tevita Kuridrani and speedster Tom Cox will be unveiled as the last four players on the full-time roster today;
    Tomane was granted a release by NRL club the Gold Coast Titans to start training with the Brumbies and will play for the Uni-Norths Owls tomorrow, and;
    Peter Kimlin will have an arthroscopy on his knee today and will be sidelined for at least six weeks.
    Whites full-time squad is now complete, but he still has five wider training-group contracts available which are expected to be filled in the next three weeks.

Rugby league convert Tomane is banking on a stint with the Owls in Canberras premier rugby competition to boost his chances of winning the Brumbies No13 jersey.

Given Tomane has played just three games for the Titans this season, the Gold Coast released him from the final weeks of his contract to join the Brumbies.

He will waste no time trying to impress White when he suits up for the Owls against Easts at Griffith Oval tomorrow.

But after four years as a centre for the Titans and Melbourne Storm, Tomane admitted to being nervous before his rugby comeback in the John I Dent Cup.

"The game's changed a lot since I last played when I was 17, there are a few rules Im not familiar [with]," Tomane said.

"But I've got Jake White, Stephen Larkham and George Gregan - three of the best in the game so I'm confident they will get me where I need to be.

"I'm really excited, I just cant wait to rip in.

"It's going to be a challenge, but I think I'm up to it.

The soft-spoken 21-year-old will play with the Owls for the rest of the John I Dent Cup season.

He will join the Brumbies at their next off-season camp at Narrabeen from August 15 and hopes his early arrival in the capital will give him the head start he needs to make an impact in Super Rugby.

Tomane made the painful decision to request an early release from the Titans, who have five games remaining in their horror 2011 NRL campaign and sit last on the ladder. Tomanes comeback from a shoulder injury has limited him to three games this season.

He damaged nerves in his shoulder last year and said he struggled to regain confidence after his return to the field.

"My form hasnt been up to scratch this year, I've only got myself to blame," he said.

"The confidence wasnt there in the shoulder but it's feeling a lot better now, it's stronger and it shouldn't be a problem.

"It was a really tough decision leaving the Titans early, I felt bad leaving the boys and especially with the way our season is turning out.

"I kind of wish I had stayed up there, but at the end of the day, I've got to do what's best for me and I'm looking for a fresh start down here."

Tomane was a schoolboy rugby star and made the Australian team in 2007.

The Storm saw his potential and poached him before he could make an impact as a senior rugby player.

Now Tomane has his sights set on the vacant outside centre spot for the Brumbies and he wants to be a blockbusting No13.

"Hopefully I can bring a power game, we just have to wait and see how the coaching staff want to mould me and use me," he said.

"I'm not thinking too far ahead, Id like to cement a spot at 13. But first Ive got to get myself into the 22."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Tomane is going well ,just got picked for the Wallabies train on squad, good on him.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Yep, would look great on right side.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

i was just about to post about Tomane. Tomane has certainly showed how talented he is by breaking into the Wallabies train on squad in the first year of his Union career. He was one of my fav Titan and i wish him the best for the future.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Tomane is starting on the wing in Tuesdays game for the wallabies.

Good thing we got rid of him, he wasn't good enough

QLD Cup

He has said that his head wasn't in the right place and that he didn't deserve to be in the NRL. Maybe thats the Titans fault but more likely it's a young man maturing. At least he doesn't blame others for his situation and probably because of that he has got his head together and is beginning to show his real potential.

As for Shannon Walker, 7's is probably more suited to his exciting talents. The few games I saw him play he didnt seem to be solid in defence. Sevens is a game with space to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    As for Shannon Walker, 7's is probably more suited to his exciting talents. The few games I saw him play he didnt seem to be solid in defence. Sevens is a game with space to move.
    So you think Barba should play 7's as well? Shannon Walker had enough talent to be in the NRL. We just didnt nurture him properly. That also goes for Tomane. I loved Tomane and he was one was my fav players. Carty didnt notify them about what to improve on. Communication wasnt there.

Tomane getting picked and dropped week after week would put his confidence down. Im really dissapointed that Tomane couldnt finish business here at the Titans but im happy that he is fulfilling his potential in Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    So you think Barba should play 7's as well? Shannon Walker had enough talent to be in the NRL. We just didnt nurture him properly. That also goes for Tomane. I loved Tomane and he was one was my fav players. Carty didnt notify them about what to improve on. Communication wasnt there.

Tomane getting picked and dropped week after week would put his confidence down. Im really dissapointed that Tomane couldnt finish business here at the Titans but im happy that he is fulfilling his potential in Union.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    Shannon Walker had enough talent to be in the NRL.
    Nah....I watched him a fair bit and there is no more exciting player to watch when he has the ball but Geez.....he was not interested at all in tackling. That had nothing to do with how he was coached. He just showed no interest in tackling. Just my opinion.

If hes not 'interested' in tackling then Carty has to tell Shannon that and then has to work on that part of the game with him. Its a matter of getting better. Seems like Carty couldnt achieve that.

Have to admit it, Shannon Walker did nothing for me - he was a complete liability in defence and although it could be argued that he could have been coached around that, in his case I would have had serious misgivings. Anybody know what he's up to and how is he going?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

John Cartwright said after months of media
    prodding: "I'm not going to talk him down any
    more, because the fact is he could be
    anything." Titans skipper Scott Prince wrote a column about his teammate in 2010, saying: "I have no doubt he has the potential to set the NRL alight, not unlike a younger Preston Campbell, Matty Bowen, Billy Slater or Jarryd Hayne."

m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/rugby-gold/former-gold-coast-titans-prodigy-shannon-walker-now-playing-sevens-rugby/story-fn8ouw0e-1226316910020