Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    John Cartwright said after months of media
    prodding: "I'm not going to talk him down any
    more, because the fact is he could be
    anything." Titans skipper Scott Prince wrote a column about his teammate in 2010, saying: "I have no doubt he has the potential to set the NRL alight, not unlike a younger Preston Campbell, Matty Bowen, Billy Slater or Jarryd Hayne."

m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/rugby-gold/former-gold-coast-titans-prodigy-shannon-walker-now-playing-sevens-rugby/story-fn8ouw0e-1226316910020
    Im guessing you are talking about Shannon Walker? So Carty and Prince praised Walker highly and they still decided to release him? Walker would never have made the starting team because Zillman has signed a 5 year contract. It would basically have been a talent gone to waste.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Back to my question about him, does anybody have an up-date on what he is doing or how he is going now?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

i also think that carty and prince were assuming hed grow a pair and start tackling like most young skinny fullbacks do.

That should be the easy part so they just didnt factor it in.

Darren Lockyer was terrible tackler and very weak early on, and Barba comes to mind as someone who recently has turned a weak defensive mindset around and became a terrier.

Preston Campbell would have been a good source of inspiration, but walker just never seemed interested, now hes playing glorified touch footy, albiet he gets to travel a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Back to my question about him, does anybody have an up-date on what he is doing or how he is going now?
    hes globe trotting on the rugby sevens world junket...i mean tour.

Cheers mate, does he feature or is he just making up numbers?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Cheers mate, does he feature or is he just making up numbers?
    think hes one of the main guys now, been in the squad for last 2 seasons i think.

someone who knows more might chip in tomorrow with better info.

i reckon theyd have a beer after the game, laughing and giggling while they recall all the tackles they almost had to make.

Junior

I watch a fair bit of sevens and Shannon has been doing ok, he has only just overcome his hamstring problems and played in te final 3 or 4 tournaments. He won the tournaments best player award in the Japanese tournament and has been the turning point for the Aussies, helping them win their first in 2 years or so. He has scored some excellent long range tries and would be one of the quickest over 40m.. However, the last 2 tournaments he lost his starting spot and was used as a super sub (pretty pointless in a game with 5 min halves). IMO he was dropped to the bech because of his lack of commitment in defence and lack of urgency going for the ball.

So to sum up my tired slurr, he is still one of best ball runners you will see and he is perhaps back to his best now his hammys no longer hinder him... But he is one of the laziest, non commitment defenders you will ever see. He would get found out far too much in league whereas sevens suits that defencive type well.

Tomane on the other hand seems to be playing well, nothing special, he just scores tries when they are presented to him and occasionally joins in a game of force-em-backs with the other wingers/fullbacks. He has done nothing special IMO it more so highlights the lack of talent in the outside backs for Australian rugby union ATM.

Tomane named Rookie of the year. congrats! good to see him given a go!

http://www.brumbies.com.au/News/Arti...6/Default.aspx