Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Matt Srama - 2011 Discussion Thread

Matt Srama - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Srama is a fine talent with an exceptional work rate not in different to Friendy. He comes from a good football family and plays the game tough. Should FRIENDY depart the Titans seasons end then this young fella with a little work could definately be a player of the future for the Titans.

No doubt we will be giving this kid some game time in the top grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    Srama is a fine talent with an exceptional work rate not in different to Friendy. He comes from a good football family and plays the game tough. Should FRIENDY depart the Titans seasons end then this young fella with a little work could definately be a player of the future for the Titans.
    I agree 100%, it would however of been more ideal for Friendy to remain for another 2 - 3 years to see his career out and help drip feed Srama in rather then drop him straight in.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I just don't get the obession with Riley Brown - Srama may be green but we wouldn't have lost anything by playing him in the top grade. He's getting choked in the Youth team.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Great debut last night IMO.

Loved his service out of DH, very quick and gave our forwards some good momentum. Also kept the markers and center field busy with some darts and various running around. Busy hooker, changing things up and made his mark on the game. Decent meters, decent tackle count (only a few missed), line break, offload, try assist and 80mins.

I hope he gets every NRL game possible for the rest of the season to gain experience and develop consistency.
    Last edited by Ryan; 28-05-11 at 08:54 AM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I hope he gets every NRL game possible for the rest of the season to gain experience and develop consistency.
    I completely agree. The more games he notches on his belt the better he will be. You could tell at times he was unsure of where the ball was supposed to go, but even then he had a great game.

The more time he plays he'll exponentially improve.
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Really liked what I saw from him last night, can see where all the hype's coming from. Now I'm hoping management doesn't shell out alot of money for a hooker like DeGois and instead spends it somewhere else, this guy's our future

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Great debut last night IMO.

Loved his service out of DH, very quick and gave our forwards some good momentum. Also kept the markers and center field busy with some darts and various running around. Busy hooker, changing things up and made his mark on the game. Decent meters, decent tackle count (only a few missed), line break, offload, try assist and 80mins.

I have just as big a rap on his game from last night as well. He also has a kicking game, which will no doubt come into play when he gets more first grade under his belt. Unless he picks up an injury he should day in the top grade from now on IMO.

Junior

I totally agree guys, another friend in the making. I hope carty sticks with him.

I'm sure he will ... one thing for sure; Carty is hardly a "cut & paste" selector.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Fully agree!!! Fantastic debut, with no big errors to speak of. Might as well keep him in 1st grade now, he seemed to handle it just fine.

great debut and to play 80 minutes was outstanding, leave him there now gave good service and three times and quick as brown, you can see why he has all the wraps on him

Titan tyro Matt Srama answers No.9 call

Youngster: Matt Srama. Picture: Adam Head Source: The Daily Telegraph
    THE man who made Matt Srama a dummy-half believes his efforts on debut prove he possesses the courage and determination to become the Titans' long-term No.9.

Srama made an impressive debut in the Titans' 28-6 loss to the Bulldogs with a performance Titans Toyota Cup coach Rod Patison felt typified the rookie's determination.

"Matty will know from that game his skill base is suited to the NRL," offered Patison, who moved Srama from the halves to hooker early in last year's Toyota Cup campaign.

"There's quite a few kids going around who are good in under-20s but don't have the skill base to hold up at the next level. But he showed it defensively, he showed it with his carry and also with his running that he can handle it."

Strengthening their roster following the recruitment of Jamal Idris, Nate Myles and Luke Douglas for next season, the loss of first-choice rake Nathan Friend to the Warriors has caused the greatest concern for the Titans.

Off-contract top squad members Kayne Lawton and Riley Brown, who have both featured in the NRL this season, are two of contenders while Penrith's Masada Iosefa, Cronulla's Paul Aiton, Newcastle's Isaac De Gois and Rabbitoh Beau Falloon have been linked as contenders.

But the efforts of Srama, who this month signed a three-year deal keeping him at the Titans until the end of 2013, in a beaten side will bring comfort for coach John Cartwright.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think the decision to re-sign Srama is the most important signing the club has had to do since our inception & young Matt will be an international star of the future
    #itaintweaktospeak