Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    "It's time" people stopped laying the blame for our season on Prince. We have a 1st grade squad of 25 blokes who have collectively performed poorly as A TEAM all year. Not to mention the worst injury toll in the comp, and the questionable refereeing treatment from Harrigan's Squad.

The idea of the Titans getting rid of Prince is the dumbest thing going around, for multiple reasons. Prince is the only stability we've had in the playmaking structure for 5yrs. We've chopped and changed fullbacks and 5/8s since inception, and this year our #9 was also a problem until Srama. We've struggled enough as it in those key positions - now you wanna throw the #7 position wide open? Thats suicidal, especially with current lack of quality playmakers in the game (let alone on the free market).

2009 & 2010 - Titans won the most games in the comp bar St George, and they won it on the back of Prince, while also donning the tag of a 'one man band' because they couldn't win without him. Now all the sudden he is the cause for the teams losses? He had some poor games earlier in the year, but his percieved 'bad form' is debatable. He is scrutinised more than any other player on this team. In a game where he might haved missed 5 tackles, the knockers were quick to jump on him and label him the worst defender in the comp. Nevermind that Preston Campbell missed even more tackles in the same game, and the team combined for a total 40 missed tackles and 20 errors - nope, blame the loss on Scotty!

And "it's time" people stopped blindly jumping on the Sydney media train - who write more fiction than fact, surviving off dramatising non-events & victimising players. They're like a pack of Hyenas.

I'm looking forward to next year with Prince in #7, leading our new look squad. When the Titans kick off the year strong like in their first 4 seasons, I'll create a thread called "It's time" - cause it'll be time to quote every ##### ****er who called for Prince's head this year, and ridicule every quote saying he's past it, ect, ect....
    Well said! Everyone knows that Prince can be one of the lethal halfbacks when he is in top form. He was last year wen he won halfback of the year and dally M halfback of the year. Maybe he didnt have the best 2011 so...? Everyone has a bad year and Prince will be on top of his form when we have a solid team next year. Only time can tell. And i have 100% faith on Prince. He is my favourite player in the NRL and i know that if his confidence goes up he will be a dangerous halfback for next year.

And think abt it. How can he be in his best form when we kept shifting our no. 6? Its not his fault... If the Titans had a reliable no. 6 and did not keep changing the no. 6 he wouldnt have been in such pressure. Dw PRINCE NEXT YEAR!! Forget abt the haters and just focus for next year.

Scott did a great 30min long chat with his fans on his facebook today.

http://www.facebook.com/scottprince.com.au

Well done Scott!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I dont like that fact that some people are calling Prince bad this year. Most of us must have forgotten that last year he won halfback of the year. This year he did have an off year but u cant blame him. The team was changing every week. This year we had 4 people in the No. 6 Jersey. Capewell, Zilly, Presto and Bird. How would he have played his best if he had to do all the work? I really hope Prince for your sake tht Sezer is a solid No. 6. Prince was basically playing the role of halfback and five eighth at once! HE WAS PLAYING 2 POSITIONS AT ONCE! Dw Prince 2012 is your year mate! SEZER PLEASE BE A GOOD 5/8. HALVES ARE THE MAIN POSITION FOR A PREMiERSHIP WINNING TEAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    I dont like that fact that some people are calling Prince bad this year. Most of us must have forgotten that last year he won halfback of the year. This year he did have an off year but u cant blame him. The team was changing every week. This year we had 4 people in the No. 6 Jersey. Capewell, Zilly, Presto and Bird.
    It is a shame Prince didn't have a partner in the halves and we're all looking for a good 5/8...but Princes defense this year was the worst I've ever seem.
    He had a bad year and he needs to toughen up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    I dont like that fact that some people are calling Prince bad this year. Most of us must have forgotten that last year he won halfback of the year. This year he did have an off year but u cant blame him. The team was changing every week. This year we had 4 people in the No. 6 Jersey. Capewell, Zilly, Presto and Bird. How would he have played his best if he had to do all the work? I really hope Prince for your sake tht Sezer is a solid No. 6. Prince was basically playing the role of halfback and five eighth at once! HE WAS PLAYING 2 POSITIONS AT ONCE! Dw Prince 2012 is your year mate! SEZER PLEASE BE A GOOD 5/8. HALVES ARE THE MAIN POSITION FOR A PREMiERSHIP WINNING TEAM.
    I have only one gripe about Prince which is...his first up contact in defence isnt good, he reads defence aswell as anyone in the game but he comes across as a soft target. Apart from that 2011 wasnt that bad for him considering how the team went.

If everyone plays to the best of the ability next year he will carve.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I have only one gripe about Prince which is...his first up contact in defence isnt good, he reads defence aswell as anyone in the game but he comes across as a soft target. Apart from that 2011 wasnt that bad for him considering how the team went.

If everyone plays to the best of the ability next year he will carve.
    I agree with what you've said, but I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather he saved himself as an attacking weapon rather than breaking himself physically/mentally/psychologically by trying to be the defence hitman too.

Big defensive units are cheap, quality attacking HB's are rare, and as we know Princey is one of the best in the game.

It took me a while to come to terms with it, but IMO I'd rather he focused on attack next year and left defense to the "dumb muscle". Attacking potency was what we were lacking. He has it. I just hope he brings it next year. And has a decent 5/8 that stays the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I agree with what you've said, but I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather he saved himself as an attacking weapon rather than breaking himself physically/mentally/psychologically by trying to be the defence hitman too.

Big defensive units are cheap, quality attacking HB's are rare, and as we know Princey is one of the best in the game.

It took me a while to come to terms with it, but IMO I'd rather he focused on attack next year and left defense to the "dumb muscle". Attacking potency was what we were lacking. He has it. I just hope he brings it next year. And has a decent 5/8 that stays the distance.
    Im with you, and Im sure he will bring it next year

We had the protection there this year but they were woeful.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post

Nobody wants Prince to be a hitman or top the tackle count...all we want is for him to use his shoulder and tackle the player he's marking.
    He was a liabilty this year but we all know he can play better.

Watch Cherry Evens defence this weekend....if he handles the big warrior players then surely Prince can muscle up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Watch Cherry Evens defence this weekend....if he handles the big warrior players then surely Prince can muscle up.
    No need for the "if", every A Grade half can at least hold his own in defence ... except ours, of course.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The main issue with Princes defense is that he takes himself out of the line, that allows them to target him solo. If he just held the line he would be better equipped to bring them down, as he would have help from outside defenders.

By being 3 steps behind the line, he is a target, and also leaves a gap, causing playing to reach instead of hitting with there shoulders, which in turn creates more injuries to pecks and broken arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

It is strange how the Titans lacked in attack all year yet we had one of the best attacking halfback in the comp.
    Last edited by Princey's Titanz; 28-09-11 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    The main issue with Princes defense is that he takes himself out of the line, that allows them to target him solo. If he just held the line he would be better equipped to bring them down, as he would have help from outside defenders.

By being 3 steps behind the line, he is a target, and also leaves a gap, causing playing to reach instead of hitting with there shoulders, which in turn creates more injuries to pecks and broken arms.
    Exactly right...Prince should be defending in front of the line.