Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Scott Prince - 2011 Discussion Thread

Scott Prince - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Princey is finding his Mojo again. Nice game against the Dragons. Amazing when you look at the simple things in life when they offer so much.

He hasn't been that bad the last few weeks. Just that this week the team only made a collective 7 errors as opposed to +20, and he had plenty of attacking support from #6 & #1.....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

He hasnt been that bad at all this year, his defence at times has been horrible which has brainwashed ppl into thinking his entire game is poo but it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    He hasnt been that bad at all this year, his defence at times has been horrible which has brainwashed ppl into thinking his entire game is poo but it is not.
    I'm with ya mate. He has a great game on Friday and I hope there is more to come. It's been his poorest year I've seen since he came into first grade, baring injuries. There is alot more pressure on him this year with our lack of options and Greg Bird hasn't had a great year either.

Hopefully he has alot more confidence now, it must be a difficult burden to carry. As he is also captain as well as chief playmaker.

Hopefully he helps murder Souths this Friday. But he needs more support from others, particularly in chasing and putting pressure on the opposition. We have a raw spine now, sticking with it will only help Scott.

Speedier service from Srama will also help Scott.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'm with ya mate. He has a great game on Friday and I hope there is more to come. It's been his poorest year I've seen since he came into first grade, baring injuries. There is alot more pressure on him this year with our lack of options and Greg Bird hasn't had a great year either.

Hopefully he has alot more confidence now, it must be a difficult burden to carry. As he is also captain as well as chief playmaker.

Hopefully he helps murder Souths this Friday. But he needs more support from others, particularly in chasing and putting pressure on the opposition. We have a raw spine now, sticking with it will only help Scott.

Speedier service from Srama will also help Scott.
    100% agree.

Junior Titan

Red face Scott Prince

"Its time"!
    For the past few weeks I've heard all this conjecture on the future of Scotty and his problems with the club. He's fallen out with the players, the coaching staff, the Board of directors and so it goes on. May be there is some truth in it somewhere but does it really matter? There is no doubt that the is something amiss, with Scotty. He's under performing and it's costing us points. I'm not saying he's entirely to blame but he is our pivotal playmaker, so when he's off his game it hurts us. At the moment we're actually playing better without him, now thats sad.

I think it would be better for him and the club to move on, if we can get a good playmaker to replace him. I'm not a great believer in players staying at clubs for long periods of time, with exceptions like Locky at the Broncos. He needs a new club, new coach, new team to re-invigourate his game, get his confidence back and be the player we all know he's capable of being. He's not going to get that if he stays here with the Titans. Even Todd Carney would be a good buy (cheap asking price now) and I'm sure with our club structure and pass record of straightening out bad boys, he'd be a great asset.

Scotty Prince is a great bloke, a great talent on and off the field, there is no doubt. I've had the opportunity on many ocassions to talk to him and I have the uttmost respect for the man, as a person ans player. But "It's time".

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'Dog View Post
    "Its time"!
    For the past few weeks I've heard all this conjecture on the future of Scotty and his problems with the club. He's fallen out with the players, the coaching staff, the Board of directors and so it goes on. May be there is some truth in it somewhere but does it really matter? There is no doubt that the is something amiss, with Scotty. He's under performing and it's costing us points. I'm not saying he's entirely to blame but he is our pivotal playmaker, so when he's off his game it hurts us. At the moment we're actually playing better without him, now thats sad.

I think it would be better for him and the club to move on, if we can get a good playmaker to replace him. I'm not a great believer in players staying at clubs for long periods of time, with exceptions like Locky at the Broncos. He needs a new club, new coach, new team to re-invigourate his game, get his confidence back and be the player we all know he's capable of being. He's not going to get that if he stays here with the Titans. Even Todd Carney would be a good buy (cheap asking price now) and I'm sure with our club structure and pass record of straightening out bad boys, he'd be a great asset.

Scotty Prince is a great bloke, a great talent on and off the field, there is no doubt. I've had the opportunity on many ocassions to talk to him and I have the uttmost respect for the man, as a person ans player. But "It's time".
    "It's time" people stopped laying the blame for our season on Prince. We have a 1st grade squad of 25 blokes who have collectively performed poorly as A TEAM all year. Not to mention the worst injury toll in the comp, and the questionable refereeing treatment from Harrigan's Squad.

The idea of the Titans getting rid of Prince is the dumbest thing going around, for multiple reasons. Prince is the only stability we've had in the playmaking structure for 5yrs. We've chopped and changed fullbacks and 5/8s since inception, and this year our #9 was also a problem until Srama. We've struggled enough as it in those key positions - now you wanna throw the #7 position wide open? Thats suicidal, especially with current lack of quality playmakers in the game (let alone on the free market).

2009 & 2010 - Titans won the most games in the comp bar St George, and they won it on the back of Prince, while also donning the tag of a 'one man band' because they couldn't win without him. Now all the sudden he is the cause for the teams losses? He had some poor games earlier in the year, but his percieved 'bad form' is debatable. He is scrutinised more than any other player on this team. In a game where he might haved missed 5 tackles, the knockers were quick to jump on him and label him the worst defender in the comp. Nevermind that Preston Campbell missed even more tackles in the same game, and the team combined for a total 40 missed tackles and 20 errors - nope, blame the loss on Scotty!

And "it's time" people stopped blindly jumping on the Sydney media train - who write more fiction than fact, surviving off dramatising non-events & victimising players. They're like a pack of Hyenas.

I'm looking forward to next year with Prince in #7, leading our new look squad. When the Titans kick off the year strong like in their first 4 seasons, I'll create a thread called "It's time" - cause it'll be time to quote every ##### ****er who called for Prince's head this year, and ridicule every quote saying he's past it, ect, ect....
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 27-08-11 at 08:07 AM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    "It's time" people stopped laying the blame for our season on Prince. We have a 1st grade squad of 25 blokes who have collectively performed poorly as A TEAM all year. Not to mention the worst injury toll in the comp, and the questionable refereeing treatment from Harrigan's Squad.

The idea of the Titans getting rid of Prince is the dumbest thing going around, for multiple reasons. Prince is the only stability we've had in the playmaking structure for 5yrs. We've chopped and changed fullbacks and 5/8s since inception, and this year our #9 was also a problem until Srama. We've struggled enough as it in those key positions - now you wanna throw the #7 position wide open? Thats suicidal, especially with current lack of quality playmakers in the game (let alone on the free market).

2009 & 2010 - Titans won the most games in the comp bar St George, and they won it on the back of Prince, while also donning the tag of a 'one man band' because they couldn't win without him. Now all the sudden he is the cause for the teams losses? He had some poor games earlier in the year, but his percieved 'bad form' is debatable. He is scrutinised more than any other player on this team. In a game where he might haved missed 5 tackles, the knockers were quick to jump on him and label him the worst defender in the comp. Nevermind that Preston Campbell missed even more tackles in the same game, and the team combined for a total 40 missed tackles and 20 errors - nope, blame the loss on Scotty!

And "it's time" people stopped blindly jumping on the Sydney media train - who write more fiction than fact, surviving off dramatising non-events & victimising players. They're like a pack of Hyenas.

I'm looking forward to next year with Prince in #7, leading our new look squad. When the Titans kick off the year strong like in their first 4 seasons, I'll create a thread called "It's time" - cause it'll be time to quote every ##### ****er who called for Prince's head this year, and ridicule every quote saying he's past it, ect, ect....
    Well said! Everyone knows that Prince can be one of the lethal halfbacks when he is in top form. He was last year wen he won halfback of the year and dally M halfback of the year. Maybe he didnt have the best 2011 so...? Everyone has a bad year and Prince will be on top of his form when we have a solid team next year. Only time can tell. And i have 100% faith on Prince. He is my favourite player in the NRL and i know that if his confidence goes up he will be a dangerous halfback for next year.

And think abt it. How can he be in his best form when we kept shifting our no. 6? Its not his fault... If the Titans had a reliable no. 6 and did not keep changing the no. 6 he wouldnt have been in such pressure. Dw PRINCE NEXT YEAR!! Forget abt the haters and just focus for next year.

Big Deal, So Scott has had an off year. Champions always bounce back and I am sure he will bounce back. Should he go to another club then that will be at our peril. He is the type of player who would punish the side that doesn't show its faith in him as a player and as a champion. Frankly all this conjecture and rumour of PRINCE this and PRINCE that is just disgruntled supporters looking to lay blame for a poor season. It happens to every side and this year it is our turn to have a poor season for what ever reason.
    Leave the bloke alone, he of all people knows he has had a poor season and he is the one that will put all the work in preseason to get himself on track again. Just show some faith and I for one have no doubt that he will lead our club back from this season. Then what will all the knockers have to say?

Just use it as fuel Scott. Stay with the Titans where you belong.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Well said Ryan agreed 100%

Well put RYAN, +1

Sorry Ryan.......I only agree 99%

i before e except after c.....that is all

I love riddles...This may take some time..

.and it is after 10pm.

Titan One Clubman

Definitely agree with the "Ignore the Sydney Press" idea..

Was only last year they were taken to court and had to make an out of court settlement for blatantly just making stuff up.