Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Steve Michaels - 2011 Discussion Thread

Steve Michaels - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I keep struggling to pick him and he keeps proving me wrong but he does look more like a first grade wing rather than a centre.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Was always a good winger, Qld selectors have had him on their watch list for many years. Good lines, fast and fearless

Steve has been our best so far this year. I'm super impressed with him in his execution and determination.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

MICHAELS is going great guns. he has been standout in our backline and could play centres as well as wing. Keep watching him as I believe the best of him is yet to come and he will threaten for origin in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    MICHAELS is going great guns. he has been standout in our backline and could play centres as well as wing. Keep watching him as I believe the best of him is yet to come and he will threaten for origin in the next couple of years.
    He was ahead of Boyd for Origin selection back when Boyd debuted on the wing, but a knee injury allowed Boyd to leap frog in front of him.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

With Idris signed, Champion a strong possibility and Gordon back from injury next year, where do you see Michaels in 2012?

I might upset a few with this, but Michaels > Mead IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    With Idris signed, Champion a strong possibility and Gordon back from injury next year, where do you see Michaels in 2012?

I might upset a few with this, but Michaels > Mead IMO.
    Michaels is a much better winger than Mead
    #itaintweaktospeak

i was a huge critic of him when he first arrived .... but never once did i post anything negative about him .. but he has really showed what he can do in the past few weeks , and he is a great player and someone we need at the club

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Michaels is a much better winger than Mead
    Puhlease.

Im sure you meant to say Michaels is a much better winger than Kevvy
    Last edited by teke; 13-04-11 at 02:33 AM.

or both, imho.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The Ranga is on fire this year. He is playing with alot of ticker and is making stuff happen, not standing around waiting for it like Mead & Gordon have in the past. Easily our best back ATM, bar none. Who would have thought? We should revive the thread from when we signed him - I bet he has humbled a few since then.

Time for some Ranga appreciation
    Last edited by Ryan; 13-04-11 at 06:31 PM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Mead really hasn't had much opportunity at all over the last year to show his true colours.

But Michaels is on fire and I think he is also looking for the opportunities.

We need to SPREAD THE BALL WIDE! Even when we don't reap the benefits, it will still keep the opposition wary. We don't have to get tries off it but it's cheap metres and which quick play the balls, we have the momentum.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The Ranga is on fire this year. He is playing with alot of ticker and is making stuff happen, not standing around waiting for it like Mead & Gordon have in the past. Easily our best back ATM, bar none. Who would have thought? We should revive the thread from when we signed him - I bet he has humbled a few since then.

Time for some Ranga appreciation
    Ranga hasnt gone looking for it, the ball has been coming to him which isnt surprising since he has a good centre partner in Esi who knows how to use his man. The right side is the dodgey side. Look at this stat - The Titans have shifted the ball strongly to their left on 44 occasions in 2011 compared to just 14 times to the right...wtf

Michaels hasnt humbled me in that thread, i knew he was always going to play well especially on the wing. Easily the best back so far this year.
    Last edited by teke; 14-04-11 at 12:56 AM.

Junior Titan

Default Michaels

Have been a season ticket holder for 4 years. If Michaels is picked I will refuse to attend in future. He just keeps costing us, can't the coach see it?