Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: David Mead

Default David Mead

David Mead - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Mead has copped a fair bit of flack on here lately, but after seeing the stats on the amount if ball going to the right, I think he deserves the benefit if the doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Pretty hard to create tries without the ball
    Mark Minichiello ---> Team Italy

Junior Titan

Hopefully the ball starts going his way a bit more because there isn't a more likeable bloke in the team!

I thought Meady had a terrific game tonight...made of meters on the kick-returns for us!

I listened to the game on the radio and they voted him man of the match and said he probably got Dally M points.

They just need to get the ball to him in the backline and the line breaks/tries will flow.

Junior Titan

Great to hear he tore up tonight, he deserves it. And hopefully just the confidence boost he needs to kickstart a great season.

He was great last night but he needs to involve himself. I really don't think he's our fullback answer but with a roving commission then he's a real weapon when he wants to be.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Magic Mead was officially asked to the Dally M Awards this week, top 4 players in each position are asked. I think he was the only Titan to be asked.

He was nominated for...
    Winger of the Year, and
    Try of the Year

Uate will wrap up Winger of the Year but it's a great effort nonetheless.

A huge effort,

makes you wonder if the team had have performed better how good he could of been this year.

hes made the most of very limited opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Magic Mead was officially asked to the Dally M Awards this week, top 4 players in each position are asked. I think he was the only Titan to be asked.

He was nominated for...
    Winger of the Year, and
    Try of the Year

Uate will wrap up Winger of the Year but it's a great effort nonetheless.
    Mead is a legend. Easily the best player in the titans this year. The shining light you can say in the team throughout this year. The freakish skills he has is amazing and i hope it stays with him throughout his career. Something i noticed in last nights game is that he is freakishly fast. I knew he was fast but not as fast as i thought. When Hayne made a break cuz of Presto's kick Mead was abt 10 - 15m behind him when Hayne was in full speed. Mead was able to catch up to him when Hayne scored. THT IS CRAZY. HE IS SO QUICK!

Three cheers for Mead. He has truly evolved in 2011. And has such speed, hunger for the line and belief. He has been one of our best in 2011.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Mead was easily the most consistent throughout the entire year.

I think he is going to take out the Paul Broughton Medal or at the very least come 2nd which is a great effort for someone who had limited opportunities.

Most tries, line breaks, most metres, most dangerous and for me when he gets into space the most exciting because of his blistering speed, hard running & great finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Mead was easily the most consistent throughout the entire year.

I think he is going to take out the Paul Broughton Medal or at the very least come 2nd which is a great effort for someone who had limited opportunities.

Most tries, line breaks, most metres, most dangerous and for me when he gets into space the most exciting because of his blistering speed, hard running & great finishing.
    You get the feeling Srama will take it out - Mead will be a close second with Bailey in the mix.

I reckon Bird will get it with Mead/Bailey fighting for second - tries are worthy but Bird's work rate can't be ignored, even though he had an average start most everyone else had a slow season. Srama didn't play enough games imho but will romp in Rookie of the Year and Harrison missed too much of the season.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.