Default Kayne Lawton - 2011 Discussion Thread

Kayne Lawton - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Default Kayne Lawnton

Anyone see this young fella play in the QCup on the ABC this weekend. I record the games and watch them later and I thought he was SUPER!! Bring him along slow but keep him because he could be pretty good in the long run.
    Last edited by karnage; 17-04-11 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Anyone see this young fella play in the QCup on the ABC this weekend. I record the games and watch them later and I thought he was SUPER!! Bring him along slow but keep him because he could be pretty good in the long run.
    Was great has real Robbie Farrah potential, not sure how Brown was ahead of him and I would be happy with him as our main 9 prospect next year.

I also thought young Cody Nelson looks one for the future as well
    Last edited by MJF; 17-04-11 at 08:18 PM.

I have seen alot of his games and he goes alright.

Titans could bring him along slowly but the sneaky buggers will always have their antennas out feeling around for better options.

Lawton re-signs with Gold Coast Titans

THE Gold Coast Titans are close to finalising their roster for 2012 after re-signing hooker Kayne Lawton to a one-year deal.

Titans football manager Scott Clark said Lawton was rewarded for his good form for feeder club Tweed Heads in the Queensland Cup this season and as a local product, he deserved the opportunity.

While Matt Srama has already been appointed the heir apparent for departing crowd favourite Nathan Friend, Lawton will battle it out with Souths recruit Beau Falloon for the back-up role.

"We always thought we needed three hookers at the club," Clark said.

Have your say on the feedback form below
    Gold Coast Titans news, photos

"At the moment Matty Srama has the inside running but next year is a new year.

"You only have to look at what happened to Friendy this year.

"You have to have decent depth in each position if something goes wrong."

He said Lawton also had the advantage of providing solid utility value.

"The thing with Kayne is he can also play in the halves," Clark said. "Carty usually likes to go in with three forwards on the bench and another guy who can cover half, hooker, five-eighth and in the outside backs, in case you get an injury.

"At this stage Carty is pretty happy with Matty Srama's ability to play 80 minutes.

"He has proven he can do it already this season and with Preston Campbell taking that bench role, at the moment it is tough to find a spot for Kayne.

"We know Kayne has been going well. He is a local boy who made the Queensland Residents this year and he is still only 22."

The Titans are expected to announce at least one more major signing for next season.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This is a great re-signing for the Titans...he is definitely an BIG asset as he can cover so many different positions...although he would probably prefer to call one position his own eventually.

3 hookers ... ok ... how about one 5/8
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.