Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ryan James - 2011 Discussion Thread

Ryan James - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Next time he leaves the team should be when he retires. If you look around the other clubs and see the performing props that have wandered from team to team until they mature, cases in point Tolman, Shillington, Tilse and Snowdon ... James should be a one club player.
    Last edited by Titanic; 10-04-11 at 12:27 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

James is a good tough prop that wont take a backward step.
    Should start the game when all players are fit and there is no holes around the ruck.
    He dominates in defense
    Can only last 15 mins maximum at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Should start the game when all players are fit and there is no holes around the ruck.
    He dominates in defense
    DARK has a tendancy to give away a few too many penalties in critical areas of the field. If he can sort that out then sure why not give him a start. It is all good not taking a backward step in your approach to the game however when you are costing your side some valuable field position. You must settle down and play tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    DARK has a tendancy to give away a few too many penalties in critical areas of the field. If he can sort that out then sure why not give him a start. It is all good not taking a backward step in your approach to the game however when you are costing your side some valuable field position. You must settle down and play tight.
    True to a point, but in his defense - a lot of the penalties against him were harsh, if not absolute bullsh!t.

Future Origin player at least - maybe even a Kangaroo.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I agree with Ryan on this...he copped a couple harsh penalties
    The amount of times he dominates a tackle at his age is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    True to a point, but in his defense - a lot of the penalties against him were harsh, if not absolute bullsh!t.

Future Origin player at least - maybe even a Kangaroo.
    Penalties are penalties no matter how harsh we think they are. The Refs are adjudicating to the letter of the law now and with 2 Refs there is little margin of error you can get away with. I totally agree his mongrel is great in his defence. And yes I believe he will play origin and maybe for the Kangaroos in the future.

Ryan James a Titans highlight

NICKNAMED `Dark' by eldest brother Brad when he was a kid because had the darkest skin of the proud indigenous trio, Ryan James has been a shining light for the Gold Coast Titans this year in what has largely been a forgettable season.

A product of the Bilambil Jets and Palm Beach Currumbin, James cites his father Kevin -- a tough prop for Bilambil and Murwillumbah in the Group 18 competition from 1978 to 1992 -- as the person with the single greatest influence on his footy.

"I still talk to my brothers and my dad before every game and they always say 'go in there like it will be your last'," said James, who gets his indigenous heritage from his mother Terrilee's side of the family.

"I always go out there and try and do my best.

"At Bilambil he was my coach for about four years.

"He has always been there pushing me."

James' wild hair and aggressive style have made him a cult hero with Titans fans, while many good judges have no doubt he is destined for both NSW and Test honours.

His career highlight so far was running out for the Indigenous All Stars at Skilled Park earlier this year.

But a State of Origin call-up doesn't appear too far away.

Already in the Blues-in-waiting squad, James has been invited to visit the NSW team camp on Sunday, in a further sign it is only a matter of time before the Titans' rookie's dream turns into Queensland's worst nightmare.

"I probably do need a bit more development, I have only played 15 games," the level-headed young star said.

"But I would love to pull on a Blues jersey one day and go up against Queensland.

"If I did get to play it would be a great honour."

The Titans take on St George Illawarra Dragons tonight.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

James in one word - Momentum.

He instantly lifts the titans go forward as soon as he's on the park. He'll do awesome next season as well
    Mark Minichiello ---> Team Italy

He'll earn a starting spot soon enough methinks

Ryan James and 5 other future Blues contenders were invited into the Blues Camp on Sunday.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/t...-1226074164183
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Next time he leaves the team should be when he retires. If you look around the other clubs and see the performing props that have wandered from team to team until they mature, cases in point Tolman, Shillington, Tilse and Snowdon ... James should be a one club player.
    Totally agree so much potential and agression. One of those guys that you never want to see leave the club. Hopefully he can have a long successful career with the titans

Junior Titan

Default hmmm

Penalties are penalties no matter how harsh we think they are. The Refs are adjudicating to the letter of the law now and with 2 Refs there is little margin of error you can get away with. I totally agree his mongrel is great in his defence. And yes I believe he will play origin and maybe for the Kangaroos in the future.

the reality is that he isn't the only player giving away penalties - so lighten up on him -

Junior Titan

Default hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    He dominates in defense

perhaps you should talk to the coach - who keeps taking him off the field - (wow why didn't someone else think of that lol)

I don't think it's that James is only a 20 minute player. It's that Bailey is a 60 minute player
    Mark Minichiello ---> Team Italy