Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Preston Campbell - 2011 Discussion Thread

Preston Campbell - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

,This bloke is a legend of the game. For he has shown that the little men are incredibly dangerous in our ever evolving game. We need to keep him around our club to mentor the younger players.

He was on fire last night, really impressive for his first match back from injury.

He should have scored that try too IMO!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Presto's the one player I wish we could make 10 years younger with a lifetime contract

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Presto's the one player I wish we could make 10 years younger with a lifetime contract
    I wish that he was still with the Panthers, was one of the main reasons that I really started following them. Such a gun player.

If what's reported is correct then Prince can't play without guidance ... Campbell is a must to start at 1.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    If what's reported is correct then Prince can't play without guidance ... Campbell is a must to start at 1.
    It's not that Prince can't play without guidance...it's more of a fact that a combination will beat a team of individuals.
    I combination is based on communication...sounds like that is what Preston is providing...It's also what I what wishing for at 5/8.

I wouldnt say "without guidance" He certainly likes what Presto brings and that's why he is valued at the back. Melbourne storm have Kronk, Smith, Slater and Widdup where as up until recently we have only had Prince and an inconsistent lineup to help him out.

I accept all of that and my comment was in support of Campbell not to bag Prince but I was quoting Prince himself and when you consider his best games were with quality playmakers around him - Marshall, Rogers, Campbell, et al then I think he needs on-field guidance ... I doubt Carty can offer that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I accept all of that and my comment was in support of Campbell not to bag Prince but I was quoting Prince himself and when you consider his best games were with quality playmakers around him - Marshall, Rogers, Campbell, et al then I think he needs on-field guidance ... I doubt Carty can offer that.
    Yeah I agree, Prestos best spot is out the back.

i think presto n prince is sorta the same as Thurston n bowen...
    bowen makes thurston play better cause they trust each other n know they can depend on them

n we are a better side all round when presto is in the side, he just inspires n makes others wanna try harder

When Carty first put Presto at fullback a few seasons back I didn't like the idea at all and thought he was out of position a lot and was terrible under the high ball, but now I wouldn't put anyone in the side back there before Presto. All he needed was a bit of time to adjust.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    When Carty first put Presto at fullback a few seasons back I didn't like the idea at all and thought he was out of position a lot and was terrible under the high ball, but now I wouldn't put anyone in the side back there before Presto. All he needed was a bit of time to adjust.
    The risk is still there

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Agreed, I remember the first few games of 2007 and I kept waiting for Carty to move him to 5/8 but now I don't want anyone there except for Presto

Whatan absolute shocker of a game