Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Indeed you did.

You've made your prejudices towards the AFL/Suns very clear in this thread and I don't think you've been fair to others that may be interested in the sport. You're allowed to dislike the AFL but why should someone else cop it just because they take an interest in it? It's not as if I'm only posting about the AFL. Titans are top of the ladder right now so we should all be excited about this season's prospects. I'm equally as interested in the Suns who sit in the top 8 too.

1 point
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    1 point
    For missing ?
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    For missing ?
    Yes hahahha
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    And the lion's share of your contributions fixate over crowd figures.
    DH, I think you shouldn't promote the other Brisvegas manifestation, you should have typed " the glutton's share" also there is a misprint in the title of this thread which should read Gold Coast Bums. Oh I forgot, I am a sports bigot and a rugby league deviant for any who care to wonder.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

How have I missed this thread? So much entertainment to be had, fun for the whole family

Junior

A group of us headed down to Melbourne for the game last weekend.
    Took ourselves along to the Geelong/Collingwood match at the MCG on the Saturday night - great night - sitting in amongst a passionate crowd of 63,000 - amazing.
    Then topping the weekend off with the win in Melbourne - not a bad trip!

Banned

That's a cool story Kaysea. One time I went down to Sydney to watch a Manly game and I attended a Swans game the next day. It's fun to mix it up every now and again and experience everything a city has to offer.

Suns play Hawthorn this Sat night at home so that should give a good idea of where they stand in the league against the defending premiers. Anyone planning on doing the NRL-AFL double this weekend? I'm thinking I will.

Banned

Anyone planning to head out to the Suns home game on Saturday arvo? They are playing the boys from western Sydney so it should be interesting to see how the two expansion clubs have progressed. If the Suns were to belt them (possible) then they could move as high as 2nd on the ladder.

Crowd announced as 11,500. Joke, and even the AFL writer in the Sunday paper referred to the crowd as 'alleged". Crowd was 6,000 at absolute tops.
    Interested in your opinion CSF.

CoastSportsfan, or other people that know more about AFL than me.....do you think it's about time the Suns stopped their fixation with keeping Karmichael Hunt away from the NRL and cut their losses or do you really think he is worth persisting with. He has been great in propaganda value but has not paid his way from a player value point of view and with so many Suns younger players developing further and appears to be wasting his time in AFL. McKenna and others keep stringing him along but is it time to stop the charade and admit he gained the AFL good press coverage but that it's time to cut him free.
    Answer it from the player value perspective, not from the point that it was an expensive failure and seeing it as a "win" for the NRL if he returns.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    CoastSportsfan, or other people that know more about AFL than me.....do you think it's about time the Suns stopped their fixation with keeping Karmichael Hunt away from the NRL and cut their losses or do you really think he is worth persisting with. He has been great in propaganda value but has not paid his way from a player value point of view and with so many Suns younger players developing further and appears to be wasting his time in AFL. McKenna and others keep stringing him along but is it time to stop the charade and admit he gained the AFL good press coverage but that it's time to cut him free.
    Answer it from the player value perspective, not from the point that it was an expensive failure and seeing it as a "win" for the NRL if he returns.
    I think Karmichael's time at the Suns is just about up. Outside of him being the first player to win both an AFL and NRL premiership, I can't see much reason for him to stay. A lot of the younger players have gone past him and I'm not sure he is anything more than a fringe player these days. If I had to guess right now I'd say he'll be back in the NRL next year and probably with the Broncos.

That's not to say he won't play again this year. I firmly believe the club wants to get him to 50 games (7 games away) so I expect him to play in the AFL again this year. If he wants to stay then I think the Gold Coast and the AFL will make it happen but my guess is that he doesn't want to anymore hence why I think he'll be in the NRL next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    I think Karmichael's time at the Suns is just about up. Outside of him being the first player to win both an AFL and NRL premiership, I can't see much reason for him to stay. A lot of the younger players have gone past him and I'm not sure he is anything more than a fringe player these days. If I had to guess right now I'd say he'll be back in the NRL next year and probably with the Broncos.

That's not to say he won't play again this year. I firmly believe the club wants to get him to 50 games (7 games away) so I expect him to play in the AFL again this year. If he wants to stay then I think the Gold Coast and the AFL will make it happen but my guess is that he doesn't want to anymore hence why I think he'll be in the NRL next year.
    Thanks for your response. Seems like we share the same opinion.
    The Suns might like to get him up to 50 games but if they are pushing for the 8, which I expect them to be for at least most of the season, he will not get game time. They might want to keep him interested but they wont do that if there is a potential finals spot on the line.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Thanks for your response. Seems like we share the same opinion.
    The Suns might like to get him up to 50 games but if they are pushing for the 8, which I expect them to be for at least most of the season, he will not get game time. They might want to keep him interested but they wont do that if there is a potential finals spot on the line.
    Injuries to other players will play a part in the amount of games he'll play this season but I see your point about not risking a finals spot just to get him to 50 games. Then again, I think they can win with him in the team so it wouldn't surprise me if he got a game soon. The Suns coach seems to really back him. K's fitness base is really what is holding him back. He has done four pre-seasons with the Suns now and still regularly locks up and cramps during games. Your fitness levels need to be through the roof (especially running wise) to play in the AFL and I think not growing up with the game has hurt him in that regard. Israel Folau had the same problem. Absolutely hated the long distance running.

If he does go back to the NRL then he'll be one of the fittest blokes in the competition and I'm sure he'll do well.

Banned

Pretty important game for the Suns this weekend against North Melbourne who sit one spot higher than them on the ladder (through percentage). There is a good chance the Suns will enter the top 4 (for the first time) if they win this Sunday. It would be the first time both Gold Coast clubs have been in the top 4 at the same time!

It's hard to not get excited about both GC teams if you are a local.
    Last edited by CoastSportsFan; 02-05-14 at 03:59 PM.

Great win from the Suns just now, beating North Melbourne at Etihad by 43 points....
    Not just a rookie team anymore some could say...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!