Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Suns

Banned

It was a good win for the Suns and the atmosphere at Metricon last night was amazing. Hoping the Titans make it 2 for 2 in Gold Coast-Tigers matches this weekend.

Banned

Unfortunately we couldn't score the double win over the Tigers this weekend. One GC team in the top 8 and the other drops out.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I put some dollars on the Suns just so i had a reason to have some interest in the game last night, and I tired to watch it, but apart from the fact that it was delayed by what seemed like an eternity because I had to listen to the jobber commentary team every time I switched back to see if it had actually started, once the game actually started (does anyone know why it was delayed?) I found it to be just tedious.

The delay was a knock on effect from the GWSvSwans game which had trouble with severe lighting... (yes they delay the game in order to show all games live,something the nrl could learn).

I found the game quite enjoyable except for the 3rd quarter... I mean i probs could have actually fell asleep in the 3rd it was that boring...

But they got the win, which is a better effort than the Titans put in.... (weather conditions were much different though)

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Banned

Looks like the Suns have this weekend off before heading over to Perth to face last year's runner-ups Fremantle. That'll be a good barometer of where they stand in the league given Fremantle are probably the favourites for the premiership.

Banned

Anyone heading to the Suns-Lions game at Metricon today? Should be a good crowd if the rain holds off.

It'll be interesting to see who are the kings of Queensland (in AFL) with this game.

Hands off the term we created.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

If I'm being honest, I think you are a bigot DH. Just sayin'

This must the only Gold Coast Suns thread in existence, anywhere..

Hopefully they'll get there own forum one day.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Think u may have poked the Dragon
    #itaintweaktospeak

I may not agree with it, but on this forum the winner of the two Qld AFL teams would be the Queens of Queensland.....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Harsh words. And unfair. I'd remind you that Im the guy who helps you not being banned for being a troll and who graciously changed the name of this very thread from GC Sunburns to Gold Coast Suns. Thanks!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Definition
    Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust or hatred on the basis of a person's opinion, ethnicity, evaluative orientation, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.
    You are a ****wit for throwing around words like that in trivial contexts.

I warned him Brad
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Harsh words. And unfair. I'd remind you that Im the guy who helps you not being banned for being a troll and who graciously changed the name of this very thread from GC Sunburns to Gold Coast Suns. Thanks!
    Indeed you did.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    You are a ****wit for throwing around words like that in trivial contexts.
    You've made your prejudices towards the AFL/Suns very clear in this thread and I don't think you've been fair to others that may be interested in the sport. You're allowed to dislike the AFL but why should someone else cop it just because they take an interest in it? It's not as if I'm only posting about the AFL. Titans are top of the ladder right now so we should all be excited about this season's prospects. I'm equally as interested in the Suns who sit in the top 8 too.

Oh heaven's you poor dear. Must be so hard being a Victorian and living a life of persecution.

I've actually given this thread a wide berth since changing it's name.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Because the AFL believe in imperialism. I'm not interested myself but I encourage anyone to follow whatever sport they want.

I'm all for Gold Coast sports working together because pragmatically the body count is far too high. Blaze, Aces, GCU and the Chargers who were culled even though they were profitable. And also the failed Brisbane Bears who used to be based at Carrara.

I'm all for both codes working together with scheduling to ensure sports fans are given max opportunity to participate and that we get max benefit from the investment of gov money into sports facilities.
    But the truth is you are a troll and many of the users here have picked up on many trends, peculiarities, absences and characteristics of your posting. Your constant attempts at trying to segue into mentioning the AFL at any chance, in any thread are pathetic. And the lion's share of your contributions fixate over crowd figures.