Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Suns

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    OK, since you seem to spend A LOT OF TIME on here trying to promote AFL/Suns,
    so why don't you tell us which sports your are actually a fan of.

Given you call yourself CoastSportFan and all.... :nope
    We've only got two sports team on the GC...

I like soccer and basketball as well. Was never really into Gold Coast United but I do like Brisbane and fancy their chances to win another double this year. I like the GC Blaze but ever since they went under I've taken more notice of the NBA. Kevin Durant is probably my fav player right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    We've only got two sports team on the GC...

I like soccer and basketball as well. Was never really into Gold Coast United but I do like Brisbane and fancy their chances to win another double this year. I like the GC Blaze but ever since they went under I've taken more notice of the NBA. Kevin Durant is probably my fav player right now.
    OK, help me out, I'm a slow learner....

You call yourself CoastSportsFan, but there are only 4 sports you are really a "fan" of... even though you only "like" 2 of them. And it seems you are always playing the other 2 sports you are actually a "fan" of against each other any chance you get.

Not much of a "fan" are you. Yet you post pages of diatribe about what being a fan is all about.

I would say trolling is easily your favourite sport. :boo:

Good luck champ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    OK, help me out, I'm a slow learner....

You call yourself CoastSportsFan, but there are only 4 sports you are really a "fan" of... even though you only "like" 2 of them. And it seems you are always playing the other 2 sports you are actually a "fan" of against each other any chance you get.

Not much of a "fan" are you. Yet you post pages of diatribe about what being a fan is all about.

I would say trolling is easily your favourite sport. :boo:

Good luck champ.
    I didn't realise I had to like a certain amount of sports to be considered a fan of sports...

The reason I compare the two teams on the Gold Coast is because they are pretty much neck and neck and it's interesting to me. Why is it so hard to believe that someone would enjoy both league and AFL? I don't buy into the BS the media write about the codes being at war. I appreciate each sport for what it is and I am grateful we have both an NRL and AFL team on the GC.

Is CSF still pretending to be a lover of all sports on the GC? Lol, wow.

I must've missed all of those threads he started about the GCRL, car racing threads, ironman and surf life saving threads, former ice hockey and basketball teams, etc, etc, etc.
    Instead when you skim through his post history it's almost impossible to find a single submission that doesn't somehow link itself back to the Suns...

Seriously though, I'll never understand the kind of utter loser mentality of people that spend years of their lives to join and participate in forums about subjects they just don't like, simply so they can get some attention from some people they'll never meet...

Sad game on Sunday, Suns got toweled up by the Lions...
    Puts a dampener on the thrilling on-the-buzzer win against Essendon last week...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    Sad game on Sunday, Suns got toweled up by the Lions...
    Puts a dampener on the thrilling on-the-buzzer win against Essendon last week...
    Wow, someone who is willing to talk about the Suns without hurling abuse their way. Obviously you watched both of their preseason games this year, what do you think of their chances in 2014? Do you think they'll play finals?

I think they play Collingwood at home in two days so that should be a good indicator of where they stand.

Wow, someone who is willing to talk about the Suns without hurling abuse their way. Obviously you watched both of their preseason games this year, what do you think of their chances in 2014? Do you think they'll play finals?

I think they play Collingwood at home in two days so that should be a good indicator of where they stand.
    I personally think they would have to perform a miracle or two to be in finals contention...

I don't fancy their chances at all... I believe they really need to clean up their game and put a few wins together without GAblett before I consider them a finals playing team...

But as long as they stay off the bottom of the ladder and play a clean exciting game then ill still watch them...

The game-day experience at Metricon is far above what many NRL fans would expect...but each to their won...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Banned

I personally think they would have to perform a miracle or two to be in finals contention...

I don't fancy their chances at all... I believe they really need to clean up their game and put a few wins together without GAblett before I consider them a finals playing team...

But as long as they stay off the bottom of the ladder and play a clean exciting game then ill still watch them...

The game-day experience at Metricon is far above what many NRL fans would expect...but each to their won...
    Fair call about Ablett. I don't think they've won a game without him but then again he is the best player in the game so obviously it would be a big blow to any team if they lost him.

They won 8 games last year. Do you think they'll win more, less or stay around the same this year?

I know what you mean about game day experience at Metricon. It's a lot better than the old Carrara days when the Titans were based there. I think it's just one of those things that people don't realise until they experience it themselves. Very fan orientated.

They won 8 games last year. Do you think they'll win more, less or stay around the same this year?
    I think 8-10 is a fair call but just missing out on finals...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Banned

I think 8-10 is a fair call but just missing out on finals...
    Yeah I agree. You go to Metricon often? Wouldn't it be great if the Suns and Titans didn't clash at any time through the year so we could enjoy both sports live?

Banned

Is anyone on here going to the Suns game this Saturday? I'm going to both the Suns and Titans games because they are played on separate days. Hoping both Gold Coast teams tear the Tigers apart!

Yea Richmond and Balmain both leaving the Coast with a loss this week...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Banned

Yea Richmond and Balmain both leaving the Coast with a loss this week...
    That would be great. Are you going to either game?

That would be great. Are you going to either game?
    Busy sat, so just going to the Titans game this weekend....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

I put some dollars on the Suns just so i had a reason to have some interest in the game last night, and I tired to watch it, but apart from the fact that it was delayed by what seemed like an eternity because I had to listen to the jobber commentary team every time I switched back to see if it had actually started, once the game actually started (does anyone know why it was delayed?) I found it to be just tedious.

I switched back to it after about 5 hours when there was only about 5 minutes to go, and there was some passages of play when GC Suns actually managed to pass it and kick it to their teammates without it being fumbled around, but honestly, I could not sit through a whole game of it. I'm just happy the Suns won, because I got some good odds for 1-39 (yep, thats the AFL equivalent of NRL 1-12 I guess) but apart from that I wouldn't go to a game unless someone else was paying for all the alcohol i would need to consume to keep me there.