Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Just looking through their history they have done it five times but have reach the 80s and 90s plenty of times. Don't know why there is so much animosity towards them unless you aren't from the Gold Coast? I, for one, want both Gold Coast teams to succeed and don't believe this BS the media spouts to us about hating codes. Support your community or we'll lose even more teams like the Blaze and Gold Coast United.
    Cool..

Never been to the Gold Coast, Mum won't let me. What's the animosity like between the two codes?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Cool..

Never been to the Gold Coast, Mum won't let me. What's the animosity like between the two codes?
    Probably similar to what it's like north of Brisbane. I presumed you were from the Gold Coast but it would appear you aren't. As a Queenslander, you should have some sort of hope they do well, right? Or are you one of those code haters that hates AFL and Union because you are told to by the media?

Probably similar to what it's like north of Brisbane. I presumed you were from the Gold Coast but it would appear you aren't. As a Queenslander, you should have some sort of hope they do well, right? Or are you one of those code haters that hates AFL and Union because you are told to by the media?
    Not a Code Hater at all. If you were prepared to look back through my posts you'd find I'm open to all of them. Especially any Gold Coast team that competed in any National Comp. Only thing I can say about AFL is I don't get it. I've tried numerous times, and especially with the Suns inaugural year, but it's not for me.

Even had a couple old school mates back in high school try and teach me many moons ago (early 80's Keebra Park). But every time I went play at the ball or kick it. They'd scream out 'kicking in danger'. By the end of that I found it easier just to stand there 'n watch the ball dribble pass me if it came anywhere near me. What's a bloke to do?

The animosity from me arises because I am told I have to like the sport.

This is a league forum. If you wish to follow AFL. Good luck and have fun, but do not come on here preaching like a religious zealot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

This is a league forum. If you wish to follow AFL. Good luck and have fun, but do not come on here preaching like a religious zealot.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

Who told you that you have to like the sport? If anything it seems to me like the biased NSW and QLD journalists tell us to hate the sport because of the pulling power they have with governments. I understand it is a league forum and I have posted about league stuff in the past but this particular part of the forum is intended to discuss other sports and this thread is about the Gold Coast Suns so I don't see why you are so surpised about that?

I wasn't so much preaching as much as I was trying to get someone to see that the one-eyed nature of people in this city has cost as many sports teams. I just hate seeing these teams go under because it not only decreases the chances of the sport ever coming back but also gets Gold Coasters out of jobs. I just can't see why people would want that to happen? Put your personal differences aside and think about the impact this has on peoples every day life. You don't have to watch it, you don't have to like it but you should at least be supportive of a team from the Gold Coast, regardless of whether you like the sport or not.

Who told you that you have to like the sport? If anything it seems to me like the biased NSW and QLD journalists tell us to hate the sport because of the pulling power they have with governments. I understand it is a league forum and I have posted about league stuff in the past but this particular part of the forum is intended to discuss other sports and this thread is about the Gold Coast Suns so I don't see why you are so surpised about that?

I wasn't so much preaching as much as I was trying to get someone to see that the one-eyed nature of people in this city has cost as many sports teams. I just hate seeing these teams go under because it not only decreases the chances of the sport ever coming back but also gets Gold Coasters out of jobs. I just can't see why people would want that to happen? Put your personal differences aside and think about the impact this has on peoples every day life. You don't have to watch it, you don't have to like it but you should at least be supportive of a team from the Gold Coast, regardless of whether you like the sport or not.
    Wow, I was going to comment to this. But I'm deadset lost on which point to start on..

*Stands aside 'n leaves this one with Coaster*

Banned

SUNS titan their tackling pressure

Video footage of the boys at Carrara today training with the Suns. Looking back through this thread, there was so much hate for the Suns and people laughing at a team that was full of kids developing. Steve Dangerous said it best:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous View Post
    I think the best idea for Suns/Titans is to co-operate.
    The two teams are working together, so why can't the supporters?

Because the AFL believe in imperialism. I'm not interested myself but I encourage anyone to follow whatever sport they want.

I'm all for Gold Coast sports working together because pragmatically the body count is far too high. Blaze, Aces, GCU and the Chargers who were culled even though they were profitable. And also the failed Brisbane Bears who used to be based at Carrara.

I'm all for both codes working together with scheduling to ensure sports fans are given max opportunity to participate and that we get max benefit from the investment of gov money into sports facilities.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Because Im a good sport Ive changed the name of the thread to Gold Coast Suns from GC Sunburns.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Because Im a good sport Ive changed the name of the thread to Gold Coast Suns from GC Sunburns.
    Impressed with your attitude mate. The death count of GC sports teams is definitely too high and working together will help never see the Suns or Titans go under. To take a saying out of the Suns book - Together We Are Stronger.

A mini breakthrough in this thread and how people view them might see actual conversation about how the Suns are trekking. I'll kick it off. They've had 7 wins this season and will probably finish 14th on the ladder.

Don't be put off by the Suns and just start laughing at them again. Lets have a civil conversation about our neighbours. If you can't do that, you probably shouldn't be posting here.

Don't be put off by the Suns and just start laughing at them again. Lets have a civil conversation about our neighbours. If you can't do that, you probably shouldn't be posting here.
    The best thing that has happened to the Suns is GWS. They are the new primary object of my ridicule.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 28-08-13 at 08:02 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The best thing that has happened to the Suns is GWS. They are the new primary object of my ridicule.
    Fair call. It probably helps the Suns cause that they are no longer getting belted each week and have a respectable amount of wins this season. GWS are an easy target but I guess it's like any team on the bottom of any ladder. Ridicule will come if your team is not performing. I certainly remember when we picked up the spoon two years ago and people didn't go easy on us.

I wonder how the GC public would react if both the Titans and Suns were doing well at the same time. It'd be pretty awesome if both clubs were selling out games every week.

Banned

Just a week to go until the Suns are back on the park against Essendon at Metricon. Yes, I know a lot of you don't care but hopefully someone on this forum is willing to discuss it (in a non-abusive way). I would discuss other Aussie sports as well but I'm not a huge fan of cricket.

I would discuss other Aussie sports as well but I'm not a huge fan of cricket.
    OK, since you seem to spend A LOT OF TIME on here trying to promote AFL/Suns,
    so why don't you tell us which sports your are actually a fan of.

Given you call yourself CoastSportFan and all.... :nope