Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I just cant believe they went so badly, they have salary cap concessions and draft concessions and millions of AFL money
    I want to know why with all of that as an advantage, they had 12 debutants. Isn't that about half the team? Why did they not recruit more players with some sort of AFL experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    I want to know why with all of that as an advantage, they had 12 debutants. Isn't that about half the team? Why did they not recruit more players with some sort of AFL experience?
    It is mind blowing, there must be heaps of players in state leagues. Or maybe AFL doesn't have anywhere near the depth that it pretends to.

The challenges of GCAFL17FC might make things tougher for GWS. Much like the crisis in soccer with Fury and GCU made the Western Sydney Rovers...well die.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Speaking of Folau...

Izzy happy? NRL clubs keeping an eye on Folau

IT'S hard to tell if it's just those with an anti-AFL agenda pushing the line, but we are hearing that Israel Folau is not happy that he has made the switch from league. Take it as fact that several NRL teams are watching the Izzy situation closely. He would love to play under Wayne Bennett again one day. The teams who are most curious about his progress are those hunting Jamal Idris.

SMH

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titans get up, Sunburns fizzle - how good does it get.

My father in law is a ex-Vic and Sun supporter. I sent him a text this morning " glad you had three daughters, because you suns are crap"

He didn't respond, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    My father in law is a ex-Vic and Sun supporter. I sent him a text this morning " glad you had three daughters, because you suns are crap"

He didn't respond, lol
    Haha thats fantastic.

He didn't respond, lol
    HAHAHA owned!

Suns vs Lions will be the same night as Broncos versus Storm in Brisbane. They are currently both top of the NRL and playing well should be a huge game.

No free kicks for Aussie rules in QLD

Can't wait for the Sunburns to get smashed again this weekend!

The surprising thing from Saturday's crowd was that only 6000 of the Suns' 12,000 members came to the game which meant there was a large cash-paying crowd prepared to make the trip up the highway.
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226034286545

Only half of their membership could bother to travel to Brisbane for their first ever game?! Which was on a Saturday!

Got home from work, turned on the TV and the AFL was on. GC Suns vs Port Adelaide. Don't usually watch AFL but couldn't be bothered changing the channel. 20 mins to go and GC were losing by about 40. 5 minutes to go and they were in the lead.

Hate to admit it but I was cheering on the Sunburns. I also hate to admit that I was enjoying watching an AFL game

I heard there team was full of kids. Does that mean it takes approx 240 min to be able to compete in AFL at the highest level?
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

God that was a painful game to watch. So glad I'm a Rugby League fan. That sport is alien.

It is exactly like seagulls fighting over a chip. Port Adelaide are a joke, they completely imploded. And what is it with people carrying in like they are the Washington Generals and won a game? They are a professional AFL team with years of lead time, the AFLs cheque book and more concessions than you can poke a stick at.

I expect them to win alot more games this year.

How funny is Hunt. Even when he gets the ball he is too scared to kick it and hand passes it to another player. Yea that's what they pay him the big bucks for!

I can't believe u 2 watched it. I watched a cracking QCup game

I can't believe u 2 watched it. I watched a cracking QCup game
    I only saw the last quarter