Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Suns

Hybrid View

Default Gold Coast Suns

Currently getting destroyed on LIVE national television.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Damn i just checked, knowing Vlad the TV rating just jumped to 20 million.

was 103 to 23 haha, wtf is that?

Maybe they had 23 near misses
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Hunt has been on and off all night with injury.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hunt has been on and off all night with injury.
    he injured his pride

Suns or Lions fans? You decide. Another reason they shouldn't have had similar colours!

I am sendng this to the GC Bully 2moz

No need to question it. We are sold, thank you Victoria for finally showing us the error of our ways, here we are on the GC only getting about 4 live games a week with countless updates via radio and TV and if it wasn't for the SunBurns we would not have the chance to see it live unless we traveled 40 min.

We are converted, the cool aid is drunk. Why would we watch such a boring game like the Titans, which had just 1 point between them when we could be blown away by the score given to us by the SunBurns?

My mind nearly exploded trying to calculate the score as I multiplied 20 by 6 and then added the 1 point behinds to give me a percentage. I had family members ringing me up for what answer I came up with ( mostly women)

Thank you again, I would become a member but it does look like my $6 Sharks card I have already makes me one
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I am sendng this to the GC Bully 2moz

No need to question it. We are sold, thank you Victoria for finally showing us the error of our ways, here we are on the GC only getting about 4 live games a week with countless updates via radio and TV and if it wasn't for the SunBurns we would not have the chance to see it live unless we traveled 40 min.

We are converted, the cool aid is drunk. Why would we watch such a boring game like the Titans, which had just 1 point between them when we could be blown away by the score given to us by the SunBurns?

My mind nearly exploded trying to calculate the score as I multiplied 20 by 6 and then added the 1 point behinds to give me a percentage. I had family members ringing me up for what answer I came up with ( mostly women)

Thank you again, I would become a member but it does look like my $6 Sharks card I have already makes me one
    love it, bloody boring victorians lol

Blues all over Suns

The Gold Coast Suns have been destroyed in their AFL debut, losing by 119 points to Carlton at the Gabba.

The competition newcomers saw their worst fears realised as their young list was overpowered and overrun by the Blues, who recorded their second win to start the season.

After conceding a 52-point deficit in the first frame, the competition new boys were able to somewhat slow the carnage thereafter, eventually going down 26.15 (171) to 7.10 (52)

Rugby League convert Karmichael Hunt was powerless to stop the carnage and was left for dead by Brett Thornton, who finished with four goals.

High-profile Gold Coast singings Gary Ablett Jr and Michael Rischitelli gave huge efforts in the midfield, but were always short of options in attempts to push forward.

Carlton skipper Chris Judd had a happy 200th game, kicking a pair of goals and finishing with 29 disposals.

Andrew Walker and Jeffrey Garlett finished with five marks each for the visitors, while Bryce Gibbs was impressive with 36 disposals and 15 marks.

The Blues dominance of the contest started from the opening bounce, with the Suns tentative and conceding a rush of majors within the opening five minutes.

The Blues were capitalising on their physical advantage, pouring forward with greater numbers at every contest and pushing 30 points ahead before the Suns had their first goal, from the boot of Charlie Dixon.

But Dixon's goal aside, the first quarter was a humiliating introduction for the Suns, who were never once first to the ball and went to the first break trailing 9.5 (59) to 1.1 (7).

The Blues did as they pleased, brushing Suns defenders aside on the rare occasions they appeared and funnelling the ball forward for easy goals from their dominant forward line.

The Suns made a positive start to the second stanza, with Dixon grabbing his second major and their midfield able to briefly stymie the Blues forward momentum.

But Carlton were still in full control, out-muscling their lighter opponents and finding unmarked targets from almost every possession.

Harley Bennell was successful with a brilliant long-range effort from the pocket, but the Blues were doing it easy, taking their advantage to 74 points at half-time.

Carlton broke into triple figures at the start of the third quarter with a goal to Marc Murphy, before the Suns rallied briefly, capturing a better share of the possession and booting three of the first four goals.

But the Blues refused to give the hosts a sniff, refocusing to end the quarter in a flurry, with goals to Thornton, Eddie Betts and Judd.

The Blues continued to pad their advantage in the second half, maintaining a steady stream of points, while at one point the Suns went 26 minutes without a point.

Garlett kicked his fifth to take the Blues past the 150 mark before Walker joined him at the top of the goal-kickers list late in the quarter.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

Suns or Lions fans? You decide. Another reason they shouldn't have had similar colours!
    Looks like the Donkeys had left overs & they changed the emblems
    #itaintweaktospeak

Was it a full house there tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Was it a full house there tonight?
    Not even close 27k which when u see how many empty seats there was it may be an exagerated figure
    #itaintweaktospeak

Code-jumper Karmichael Hunt makes underwhelming AFL debut in Gold Coast Suns' emphatic loss to Carlton
    By Darren Cartwright AAP April 02, 2011 11:36PM

Modest debut...Karmichael Hunt had just five disposals in the Suns loss to Carlton.
    The AFL's code-hopping experiment is still very much in the test tube stage after Karmichael Hunt made a less than ideal debut for the Gold Coast Suns.

Starting on a half-back flank, Hunt's assignments were varied in the Gold Coast's heavy 26.15 (171) to 7.10 (52) defeat, with no fewer than three opponents in the opening quarter.

When the positional merry-go-round finally stopped midway through the opening term, Hunt found himself conceding more than a dozen centimetres to Carlton's towering 201cm ruck-forward Shaun Hampson.

The Blues tried a few times to isolate Hunt so he was one-out with Hampson deep in attack.

However, the former Brisbane Bronco was moved to avoid the mismatch, picking up Bret Thornton for most of the second half, and at times was even a spare man in defence.

So far as stats and skill levels are concerned, Hunt looked uncomfortable with the pace of the game and his disposal under pressure left a lot to be desired.

When the ball was within close proximity in the backline he tended to prop and watch rather than take a proactive role and was caught short a number of times.

He spent a lot of time talking and pointing to teammates and even back-chatted the umpire after giving away a blatant free kick in front of goal after getting in the face of Hampson in a marking contest.

Even though the ball spent a lot of time in Hunt's part of the field, he finished with two kicks, three handpasses, no marks and had the fewest touches for the Suns.

Hunt's venture into the AFL world started in mid-2009 when he announced he would jump codes.

He didn't officially start training until midway through last year and was one of 12 debutants for the Suns in their historic first AFL match.

There's also no doubt Hunt's former teammates are eager to plot his progress.

Among the 27,914 spectators at the Gabba were Broncos captain Darren Lockyer and several of his NRL teammates.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Awesome Career move Khunt

Just checked the season market & Carlton are 8th in the betting , look out Sunburns when u come up against one of the contenders
    #itaintweaktospeak

Sounds like Khunt still thinks he's playing fullback for the Donkeys

Well at least Locky & co would've had a good laugh for the night
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think the promo to sign Hunt has backfired, Rugby League fans would have taken a look, for 5 mins and switched channels, saying NO THANKS.

This also makes Folau's signing even less effective after we have seen it with Hunt.

I just cant believe they went so badly, they have salary cap concessions and draft concessions and millions of AFL money.

Meanwhile the Titans were given no favours, no salary cap concessions and thankfully there is no draft in Rugby League. And we nearly won our first game, against the Dragons with something like 42,000 people there.