Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    I get the feeling Michaels will still get a run in the centers... Never know, the young red head might fire up against his old club. Fingers crossed that Tonga will atleast get a run back in the sky blue.
    If Gordon is out and Toopi is dropped, Tonga will surely get a run.

The other spot will be between Tomane and Vickery I imagine, unless Carty puts Presto at fullback and shifts Zilly to a wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2007DH View Post
    I am entitled to put a side up, just like all the others, aren't I? Where is your side Peteeeeeeeee. :boo:
    Deep breath...... and relaaaxxxx.........

Mate, I don't bother posting a side, because no one will agree, and everyone has an opinion which everyone is entitled to.
    However, I also know without doubt that there are many on here who know a crap load more about the players and their abilities than i do, so I don't judge, but others do because they can.

I know the players I like, but it doesn't mean they gel as a team or work well together.
    If it was up to me, my team would have 3 Preston Campbells in it.

No Toopi this week, according to his twitter.

http://twitter.com/Clintontoopi

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Deep breath...... and relaaaxxxx.........

Mate, I don't bother posting a side, because no one will agree, and everyone has an opinion which everyone is entitled to.
    However, I also know without doubt that there are many on here who know a crap load more about the players and their abilities than i do, so I don't judge, but others do because they can.

I know the players I like, but it doesn't mean they gel as a team or work well together.
    If it was up to me, my team would have 3 Preston Campbells in it.
    hmmmmmm .... deep breaths. Yes I know, but I only disagree when it comes to putting Bird in the back row. He is a 5/8 in my opinion, and I always get shot down for that. HaHa it makes me laugh because this is a forum and as long as there is good/light hearted debate there should not be any issues. I love reading peoples' opinions but I hate put downs of players playing abilities when these boys have sacrificed so much and been so commited and dedicated to their chosen sport at NRL level. I bet most on here have never played the game (including myself). But that's the nature of the beast I suppose.
    PS: I agree re Preston Campbell.
    My thoughts are just that .. my thoughts. I don't profess to know everything about this great game of ours, Rugby League, but I do have eyes and I know what I see.

I am entitled to put a side up, just like all the others, aren't I? Where is your side Peteeeeeeeee. :boo:
    U are entitled to put a side up & i agree with your forward starting pack but no Zillman or Capewell ,all i said was "Im Glad to Know u don't have a say in the Team Selection" :

To keep the peace her is mine

1. Zillman
    2. Vickery
    3. Michaels
    4. Tonga
    5. Mead
    6. Capewell
    7. Prince (c)
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. White
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Bird
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. Thompson
    16. Minnichello
    17. Campbell

18.Tagetese - terrible game last week
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    U are entitled to put a side up & i agree with your forward starting pack but no Zillman or Capewell ,all i said was "Im Glad to Know u don't have a say in the Team Selection" :

To keep the peace her is mine

1. Zillman
    2. Vickery
    3. Michaels
    4. Tonga
    5. Mead
    6. Capewell
    7. Prince (c)
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. White
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. Thompson
    16. Minnichello
    17. Campbell

18.Tagetese - terrible game last week
    (Can't see Bird in your team, don't rate him?) Forgot about Zillman, stupid me. In my team selction I have no room for him. I certainly prefer Campbell. As for Capewell, I think he needs to gain a bit more confidence to boss the boys around which I feel he does not have at the present time. He will be good though down the track. So, in saying that, Bird at 5/8.
    My thoughts are just that .. my thoughts. I don't profess to know everything about this great game of ours, Rugby League, but I do have eyes and I know what I see.

Junior Titan

Default Team for Round 3 - Official

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans representative back rower Anthony Laffranchi, young centre Esi Tonga and experienced forward Brad Meyers have been named to make their anticipated returns for Friday night’s blockbuster local derby against the Brisbane Broncos at Skilled Park.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named a new look 18-man squad for the clash with Laffranchi to play his first game for 2011 since undergoing off-season surgery (shoulder and wrist) and Tonga named to play his first match in the NRL since 2009.

Meyers has been named on an extended five-man interchange bench after missing the opening two rounds as he continued his recovery back from minor knee surgery during the pre-season.

The match will mark a big occasion for Tonga, who played 24 NRL matches for the Jetstar Titans in 2008 and 2009 before a torn pectoral muscle ruled him out of action last season. Laffranchi will play his 191st NRL match and his 89th match for the club.

To make way for the return of Laffranchi and Mark Minichiello to the starting back row, youngster Bodene Thompson will switch to the centres while Greg Bird has been named at five-eighth in place of Luke Capewell. Capewell (Ipswich) and centre Clinton Toopi (Burleigh) will play in the Queensland Cup this weekend.

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans v Brisbane Broncos

1 William Zillman
    2 Esi Tonga
    3 Steve Michaels
    4 Bodene Thompson
    5 David Mead
    6 Greg Bird
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Riley Brown
    10 Matthew White
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison

INTERCHANGE

14 Michael Henderson
    15 Sam Tagaetese
    16 Ryan James
    17 Preston Campbell
    18 Brad Meyers

http://www.titans.com.au/default.asp...ack-for-titans
    --------------------------------

Thompson in the centres is an interesting one, I would prefer to see Tomane in the backline somewhere.

Capewell had to go, and did.

Junior

Default Team for Friday has been announced

Team has been announced...

1 William Zillman
    2 Esi Tonga
    3 Steve Michaels
    4 Bodene Thompson
    5 David Mead
    6 Greg Bird
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Riley Brown
    10 Matthew White
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison

INTERCHANGE

14 Michael Henderson
    15 Sam Tagaetese
    16 Ryan James
    17 Preston Campbell
    18 Brad Meyers

(Can't see Bird in your team, don't rate him?) Forgot about Zillman, stupid me. In my team selction I have no room for him. I certainly prefer Campbell. As for Capewell, I think he needs to gain a bit more confidence to boss the boys around which I feel he does not have at the present time. He will be good though down the track. So, in saying that, Bird at 5/8.
    Oops Typo , can't have 2 Minni's the Roosters would get upset , i rate Bird in top 6 most important players on the park as for Capewell we must persist with him as he has played fairly well in his past 2 games & they will need plenty of game time to gell as our halves pairing
    #itaintweaktospeak

Laffranchi, Tonga and Meyers back for Titans
    Adam Gardini
    22/03/2011 1:00:28 PM

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans representative back rower Anthony Laffranchi, young centre Esi Tonga and experienced forward Brad Meyers have been named to make their anticipated returns for Friday night?s blockbuster local derby against the Brisbane Broncos at Skilled Park.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named a new look 18-man squad for the clash with Laffranchi to play his first game for 2011 since undergoing off-season surgery (shoulder and wrist) and Tonga named to play his first match in the NRL since 2009.

Meyers has been named on an extended five-man interchange bench after missing the opening two rounds as he continued his recovery back from minor knee surgery during the pre-season.

The match will mark a big occasion for Tonga, who played 24 NRL matches for the Jetstar Titans in 2008 and 2009 before a torn pectoral muscle ruled him out of action last season. Laffranchi will play his 191st NRL match and his 89th match for the club.

To make way for the return of Laffranchi and Mark Minichiello to the starting back row, youngster Bodene Thompson will switch to the centres while Greg Bird has been named at five-eighth in place of Luke Capewell. Capewell (Ipswich) and centre Clinton Toopi (Burleigh) will play in the Queensland Cup this weekend.

1 William Zillman
    2 Esi Tonga
    3 Steve Michaels
    4 Bodene Thompson
    5 David Mead
    6 Greg Bird
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Riley Brown
    10 Matthew White
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison

INTERCHANGE

14 Michael Henderson
    15 Sam Tagaetese
    16 Ryan James
    17 Preston Campbell
    18 Brad Meyers
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

So toopi and capewell miss out.. But tonga on the wing and bodene in the centres? That is no permanent solution?! I hope carry knows what he is doing and it works!

Very strong side named didn't see Bodene being picked in the centre's but i'm happy to see him marking up against Hodges, i would've loved to see Capewell continue but we are a much more defensive side with Bird at 6

The bench looks like it will be between Hendo & Red for the final spot....can't wait bring on Friday
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

He has definitely chosen a strong defensive side. It should be enough to beat the broncs would rather see capewell get another shot, but bird will get the job done.

Extremely excited by this line up, Bird should of been there round 1. Campbell can now do his thing at 5/8 too.

Carty has an obsession with sticking 2nd rowers where they dont belong.

Thats an awful looking backline which will probably do the job very well.