Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Although I do like that team, I think that Capewell needs to retain the 6, it would be a major re-shuffle every game with him as utility. I can see him developing into a very dangerous player, this match should be a great test for him.
    It's really not a major reshuffle. Capewell/Campbell come into 5/8 halfway through the first half, shuffling Bird into the back row or even giving him a small rest.

Having Campbell on the bench to be a replacement hooker or whatever he is currently doing is not working. I have major respect for Preston, it's not his fault he is playing out of position.

This set-up allows us to have all our best players on the park.

Lockyer cautious of wounded Titans

Skipper Darren Lockyer believes a conscious decision by half Peter Wallace and hooker Andrew McCullough to do more with the football contributed to Brisbane's upset of Canberra at the weekend.

Lockyer revealed the pair made good on a deal to take more responsibility against the Raiders, making it a little harder for the opposition to camp on him defensively.

"Pete, Andrew and Benny Hunt had to work on their combinations a bit more after round one (against the Cowboys)," said Lockyer on Monday.

Advertisement: Story continues below "I was in that boat.

"We had a chat and agreed we needed to get the best out of all of us.

"Just passing the footy out of dummy half is not in their best interests.

"They involved themselves more in broken field play off a strong performance from our forwards which was good."

The caution in Lockyer's voice leading into Friday's derby would be music to rookie coach Anthony Griffin's ears with the Titans reeling from the worst loss in their brief NRL history.

The Broncos will be hot favourites but, with the hindsight of 335 games, Lockyer knows the Titans will be desperate to redeem themselves, especially after foundation captain Scott Prince branded the performance as "embarrassing".

Lockyer recalled a 56-0 humiliation at the hands of Canberra in 2008 -- Brisbane's heaviest defeat -- had been the catalyst for their charge into the finals.

The fear of falling to 0-3 and under the pump so early in the season will fire up Gold Coast which is why Lockyer chose his words carefully at training to warn his players to turn up with the same attitude and defensive commitment they displayed against Canberra.

"We saw Penrith get towelled in the first round. There's always a blow torch on some team every week," he said.

"The Titans are that team this weekend.

"We need to take the same attitude to Skilled Park as we took to Canberra.

"I get a little bit concerned when things are going smooth. We've got a couple of guys coming back; we've had a good win, we're playing a team disappointed with their performance.

"We can't defend like that (Canberra) every week, eventually you're going to break."

Brisbane expect to welcome back star centre Justin Hodges with prop Ben Hannant rated a 50-50 chance of making his second "debut" for Brisbane if he overcomes a niggling calf injury.

With prop Scott Anderson's calf tear during the warm-up in Canberra to sideline him for four to six weeks, both Nick Kenny and Mitchell Dodds come into consideration.

"Hodgo and Hannant will train this week. I think Justin is definite and we'll see if Hannant gets through the week," said Lockyer.

Source: AAP
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm not sure I want to see Prince, Capewell and Preston all on the field together. Sounds a bit light in defence without Friendy to bolster it IMO. Asking too much of others.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I'm not sure I want to see Prince, Capewell and Preston all on the field together. Sounds a bit light in defence without Friendy to bolster it IMO. Asking too much of others.
    Quoted for truth.

Open the turnstiles!

This is how i think the Team Should line up:

1. Zillman
    2. Peyroux/Vikery (Walker likely to be Suspended)
    3. Tonga/Michaels
    4. Toopi (Purely to try help defend next to Prince)
    5. Mead
    6. Capewell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. White
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Bird
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. Meyers
    16. Thompson
    17. Campbell

18. Tagatese

Left Right Out: Minichello. He is going back to his old ways of making too many errors and giving away STUPID Penalties! I seriously think he needs to watch his position lots of available talent to fill in his spot....James/Ridge/Tagatese/Thompson.

I feel we have awesome depth in the Backrow and backline but our Props are average apart from Bailey and Meyers. It really affects our go forward especially against teams like the Storm, Manly and Dragons...heres hoping im wrong
    Last edited by curly_11; 22-03-11 at 11:09 AM.

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

1. Campbell
    2. Tonga
    3. Toopi
    4. Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Bird
    7. Prince (c)
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. White
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. Brad Myers
    15. Thompson
    16. Tagataese
    17. James

This team is the one I would love to see give it to those Broncos.
    My thoughts are just that .. my thoughts. I don't profess to know everything about this great game of ours, Rugby League, but I do have eyes and I know what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2007DH View Post
    1. Campbell
    2. Tonga
    3. Toopi
    4. Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Bird
    7. Prince (c)
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. White
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. Brad Myers
    15. Thompson
    16. Tagataese
    17. James

This team is the one I would love to see give it to those Broncos.
    I'm happy to know u have nothing to do with Team selection
    #itaintweaktospeak

Gold Coast Titans v Brisbane Broncos at Skilled Park, 7:30PM

Titans: -
    Broncos: Josh Hoffman, Gerard Beale, Jack Reed, Justin Hodges, Jharal Yow Yeh, Darren Lockyer, Peter Wallace, Sam Thaiday, Andrew McCullough, Ben Hannant, Alex Glenn, Matt Gillett, Corey Parker. Interchange (from): Ben Hunt, Ben Te?o, Josh McGuire, Shane Tronc.

We knew these 2 were being saved for us
    #itaintweaktospeak

@Clintontoopi

Getting dropped is like getting injured, hurts ya mentally. Disappointments come and go. Just gotta pick urself up!!! Proactive not reactive

14 minutes ago
    Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Interesting...
    Sounds like we will see the 2 Giants in Esi & Joey getting runs maybe this week
    #itaintweaktospeak

Broncos big guns back for Titans clash

Wayne Heming AAPTue, Mar 22, 2011 - 12:10 PM

Big guns Justin Hodges and Ben Hannant are to return from injury for Brisbane in Friday's NRL derby clash with the Gold Coast.

As the Titans came to grips with losing winger Kevin Gordon (knee) for the rest of the season on Tuesday, Broncos coach Anthony Griffin was able to welcome back two of his stars for the Skilled Park match.

Their return plus an injury to young winger Dane Gagai caused a reshuffle of the Brisbane side which started the NRL round of upsets by beating Canberra 20-4 away last Friday night.

With Hodges restored to the centres, Gerard Beale shifts onto the wing to cover for the loss of Gagai and Jack Reed switches from right to left centre.

Hannant comes into the starting pack in place of Scott Anderson, who tore his calf muscle in the warm up before the Canberra match, and joins Sam Thaiday in a representative front-row pairing.

It will be 548 days since Hodges last weaved his magic in the NRL but Griffin said there were signs in the pre-season trial matches, before he tore his hamstring, that he was ready to return with a bang.

Assistant coach Allan Langer cautioned it would be unreasonable to expect Hodges to hit his straps against the Titans after more than 18 months out of football.

"It would be good to get 40 to 60 minutes out of Hodgo and hope he gets through the game and doesn't pull up sore," said the former Broncos champion halfback.

Brisbane are expecting a titanic tussle on Friday night with the Gold Coast desperate to redeem themselves after a woeful 40-12 loss to Melbourne last week left them with an 0-2 season start.

Brisbane squad: Josh Hoffman, Jharal Yow Yeh, Jack Reed, Justin Hodges, Gerard Beale, Darren Lockyer(c), Peter Wallace, Sam Thaiday, Andrew McCullough, Ben Hannant, Alex Glenn, Matt Gillett, Corey Parker. Interchange: Ben Hunt, Ben Te'o, Josh McGuire, Shane Tronc.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Doesn't look good for toops.. I would have preferred michaels to go, but that's just me. Reports are saying tomane Didnt play well on the weekend so I imagine tonga will get a run. Let's hope whatever the changes are work!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Sounds like we will see the 2 Giants in Esi & Joey getting runs maybe this week
    I get the feeling Michaels will still get a run in the centers... Never know, the young red head might fire up against his old club. Fingers crossed that Tonga will atleast get a run back in the sky blue.

And why is that Mr Moderator? Please explain!
    My thoughts are just that .. my thoughts. I don't profess to know everything about this great game of ours, Rugby League, but I do have eyes and I know what I see.

I am entitled to put a side up, just like all the others, aren't I? Where is your side Peteeeeeeeee. :boo: