Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

I'm making a change this week that I think is justified after going to the 1st 2 rounds of the season & that is im not wearing the same Bloody Jersey that I've had on in the past fortnight nor will I wear the current 1 until they win a game...

The good news is I have 8 others 2 pick from 
    #itaintweaktospeak

I RECKON WE WILL START TO CLICK THIS WEEK AND SLOWLY BUILD AS WE GET PLAYERS BACK WHO WILL BE RUSTY , BRING ON THE BIRDY DANCE...

1. Zillman
    2. Vickery
    3. Tonga
    4. Mead
    5. Tomane
    6. Capewell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. White
    11. Bird
    12. Thompson
    13. Harrison

14. Campbell
    15. Tagatese
    16. James
    17. Minichielo
    18. Laffranchi
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    2. Vickery
    3. Tonga
    4. Mead
    5. Tomane

9. Srama
    Can't see these happening, but I would love to be wrong. I imagine it will be as simple as Tomane or Tonga coming in for Gordon, with the rest of the team staying the same. However, I would love to see that team announced on Tuesday.

Titans vow to avenge humiliating Storm defeat against Broncos

GREG Bird has rejected the theory the Titans tossed in the towel in Melbourne, claiming his embarrassed squad have already set their sights on avenging their humiliation in Friday night's derby against the Broncos.

Bird was hooked by Gold Coast coach John Cartwright during his side's first-half implosion on Saturday night, which condemned them to a 40-12 slaughter at the hands of a first-class Storm side at AAMI Park.

Bird said the chance for redemption in the southeast Queensland derby could not come quickly enough for the Titans.

"We've just got to make sure we don't let it happen again," Bird said after a second loss for the season left Gold Coast last on the ladder on points for-and-against.

"We never stopped trying, definitely no one in that team out there stopped trying, it's just ... the confidence gets knocked out of you and you try to correct the things you're doing wrong and it gets worse.

"Friday night couldn't come quicker. I speak for everybody in saying we just want to get back out there and make amends for how bad we played."

Bird was yanked after young Storm player Kevin Proctor strolled between him and halfback Scott Prince to engineer Melbourne's third try - one of five four-pointers posted against the visitors in a horror 29 minutes.

Bird was far from a lone offender in an off-colour performance in which nearly every Titan was suffocated by a vintage Storm display.

Bird returned for the second half as the Titans navigated away from a total disaster, with their wounds now set to serve as timely motivation as they look to pick up the pieces during Brisbane's derby visit.

But adding more weight to the task for the wounded Gold Coast - out to avoid an 0-3 record against a Broncos side riding high from a win in Canberra and the return of stars Justin Hodges and Ben Hannant - is the likely scratching of flyer Kevin Gordon (knee).

One positive at least for the Titans is that ex-Test star Anthony Laffranchi is expected to play his first game of the season, but sorely missed hooker Nathan Friend remains at long odds.

"That one (Storm game) really, really knocked us back. It knocked the confidence out. We've got a lot of work to do before next week," Bird said.

"It felt bad out there ... everyone, individually, felt awful. It doesn't feel good losing a game in that nature. We've just got to make sure we don't let it happens again."

Bird bristled at suggestions the Gold Coast, who have encountered pacesetters the Dragons and Storm, stopped trying in the first half.

But he admits the Titans' confidence was smashed to ribbons by a Storm side - led by core trio Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk, and edge destroyers Kevin Proctor and Sika Manu - that bullied them in every facet.

"We did a lot of the simple things really, really wrong and it ... showed."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

This is the team that should run out against the broncos.

1 W.Zillman
    2 S.Michaels
    3 E.Tonga
    4 J.Tomane/S.Tagatese
    5 D.Mead
    6 L.Capewell
    7 S.Prince
    8 L.Bailey
    9 R.Brown
    10 M.White
    11 A.Laffranchi
    12 G.Bird
    13 A.Harrison

14 B.Meyers
    15 M.Minchello
    16 B.Thompson
    17 P.Campbell

What do we think?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers6 View Post

1 W.Zillman
    2 S.Michaels
    3 E.Tonga
    4 J.Tomane/S.Tagatese
    5 D.Mead
    6 L.Capewell
    7 S.Prince
    8 L.Bailey
    9 R.Brown
    10 M.White
    11 A.Laffranchi
    12 G.Bird
    13 A.Harrison

14 B.Meyers
    15 M.Minchello
    16 B.Thompson
    17 P.Campbell

What do we think?
    We may as well not turn up with that bloke playing on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers6 View Post

1 W.Zillman
    2 S.Michaels
    3 E.Tonga
    4 J.Tomane/S.Tagatese
    5 D.Mead
    6 L.Capewell
    7 S.Prince
    8 L.Bailey
    9 R.Brown
    10 M.White
    11 A.Laffranchi
    12 G.Bird
    13 A.Harrison

14 B.Meyers
    15 M.Minchello
    16 B.Thompson
    17 P.Campbell

What do we think?
    Ryan James will not be left out
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

Yeah with Michaels I am losing faith but a spot on the wing might not be to bad. The problem i am having this year is our wingers are seein zero ball.
    Stick michaels out there and let Tonga feed for him.
    Im all for Tonga and Tomane to both come in so im just lookig for a way for this to happen.

Both our incumbent centres will not be there in a few weeks IMO.

With James, someone has to go.
    If Meyers and Laffranchi are both in, I can not see how he wouldnt miss out.

Would like to see:

1. Zillman
    2. Tonga
    3. Toopi
    4. Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Bird
    7. Prince (c)
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. White
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Thompson
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. Minichiello
    16. Tagataese
    17. Capewell/Campbell

What exactly is Campbell's role coming off the bench?

From what I have seen there is a great deal of confusion, he is ineffective at hooker and Zillman is going to play the 80.

A simpler structure and going back to what we know is the only way forward...

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Would like to see:

1. Zillman
    2. Tonga
    3. Toopi
    4. Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Bird
    7. Prince (c)
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. White
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Thompson
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. Minichiello
    16. Tagataese
    17. Capewell/Campbell
    Although I do like that team, I think that Capewell needs to retain the 6, it would be a major re-shuffle every game with him as utility. I can see him developing into a very dangerous player, this match should be a great test for him.

Bird has to be in the starting team which I guess leaves Thompson on the bench? But out of Campbell and Taga I would drop Taga, although I love his hits, he does not offer a huge amount of workload when he has his short stints.. Its a bloody headache for Carty nevertheless.

I would love to see Tonga and Tomane back in the side and definitely in front of Michaels, but probably Vickery on the wing outside Tonga, Vickery looked good the other day, although he is no "Flash" he looks a bit quicker than tonga and toops and more suited for the wing.

Well thats my 2 cents of crap. Im looking forward to the team announcement tomorrow though!

As bad as it is, we really do miss friendy in the middle there, Brown just doesnt look comfortable.

New song in the song/chant thread.
    No reason why it can't get a run on Friday night.
    Go and learn it now!

QLD Cup Titan

Will be very interesting to see the team announcement tomorrow. The interview with Carty on Gold coast news tonight said "definite changes in the team line up when it is announced on Tuesday" so will be hurrying home from work to suss it all out! So sad about Flash being out for the season - do you think Carty may put Zilly on the wing at all like last year??? And presto back to fb? I don't know just another thing I thought of. I don't mind Michaels actually but find Toopi very slow and cumbersome at times - but defensively he is ok. Tomane I recall was awesome in attack but lacked in defense and Tonga I'd love to see him back in the team. A definite headache for Carty - but hopefully some great changes to be made - and most of all - a huge confidence and attitude change for the team - I wanna see them come out with attitude like the storm did - OWN that field on Friday night!!!!!

I would put Preston at 6. Prince needs some help in there, we used to have Rogers, Preston and Prince on the field for options. Now they can just target Prince exclusively.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER