Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    yeah i thought bird switching to his spot after 2 weeks was not a good idea, i would like to have campbell 5/8, capewell at centre and bodene on the bench, i would also like to try mead at fullback because he runs it back HARD and makes metres and he has the speed and he can link up in the line well enough to do some damage, capewell used to play fullback for souths which is also something to think about.
    Without changing too much of the team and focusing on the 5/8 position...can anyone tell me what kind of player is capewell?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Without changing too much of the team and focusing on the 5/8 position...can anyone tell me what kind of player is capewell?
    Apparently Capewell had a blinder in one of the trial games. That's all I know though.

To be honest I do not know too much about him.
    He has only played 2 games i have seen, and one of them we were flogged, and i think he was unfairly dropped because of it, but i would understand the reason for dropping him until Friend returns as without a 9, Preston can interchange with Bird.(but that is not happening so i am stumped)

He has speed off the mark, and a decent pass, he played 5/8 for the Australian schoolboys in 2006, with Sandow inside him.

If asked his position he would say 5/8
    He played fullback for Souths under Taylor. But filled in when Sutton was injured. Late 2010
    Luke CapewellCOLT'S HERO SIGNS WITH BUNNIES 13/10 SOUTH Sydney has signed Norths Devils halfback Luke Capewell to a two-year deal with the NRL club, following a three-try effort in the FOGS Colts Challenge grand final.

Capewell represented the Queensland under 17s and Queensland Schoolboys in 2006, and has been selected to play for the Australian Schoolboys on their tour of Europe later this year.
    Some here are saying he can not tackle which i do not agree with, he had 4 mis-tackles against the storm, Prince had 5, the big difference is that Luke made 27 tackles in that game compared to Prince 14.

Capewell and Zillman(fullback) where the only 2 players NOT to miss 1 tackle against the Dragons.

Here is here with a few other youngsters after beating England.
    Some faces there you should recognize, Falou, Lawence, Pearce, Sandow, Tim Manner. and Shannon Walker
    Last edited by Coaster; 27-03-11 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

yeah i thought bird switching to his spot after 2 weeks was not a good idea, i would like to have campbell 5/8, capewell at centre and bodene on the bench, i would also like to try mead at fullback because he runs it back HARD and makes metres and he has the speed and he can link up in the line well enough to do some damage, capewell used to play fullback for souths which is also something to think about.
    your kidding yourself if you think capewell should be in the centres

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Some here are saying he can not tackle which i do not agree with, he had 4 mis-tackles against the storm, Prince had 5, the big difference is that Luke made 27 tackles in that game compared to Prince 14.
    You can also add that Bird only made about 6 or 7 tackles in that game. Who is the 5/8 who is the 2nd rower

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CairnsTitan View Post
    your kidding yourself if you think capewell should be in the centres
    and what is your argument for saying he is incapable of doing so?

and what is your argument for saying he is incapable of doing so?
    He is not a center or a winger or IMO a fullback, we bought him to play 5/8. And he either gets a decent shot or we don't use him at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

He is not a center or a winger or IMO a fullback, we bought him to play 5/8. And he either gets a decent shot or we don't use him at all
    You get the feeling unless Ashley is injured he won't be getting a shot this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    You get the feeling unless Ashley is injured he won't be getting a shot this week.
    Ash won't be heading down to Canberra
    #itaintweaktospeak

will friend be fit or will srama be the 9?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2007DH View Post
    Prince and Bird need to know what each other are going to do. There is absolutely no structure.
    IMO, which I have always had, is that Prince and Bird are the complete opposite of each other, and won't ever have a similar mindest in attack. Prince likes to pry, drift and be tricky, Birdy likes to smash holes. Both are awesome at what they do, but IMO they just don't complement each other, and never really will.

in 2006 the Australian schoolboy 5/8 was a kid called Luke Capewell,
    Which is why we bought this kid. He has the talent, he is young, he is eager, he can learn and he has done nothing wrong other than being in 2 losing sides, enither of which was his fault.

Have you seen much of him...can he create plays and pass before the line or is he another ball runner?
    I saw him at the Souths trial game in Coffs, and had no idea who he was, so I started asking around, and was told about him by some crusty old Souths guys. He was on fire and tore Souths a new one at the trial. I think he has all the triccks, and can adapt a lot better than Bird IMO.

i would like to have campbell 5/8, capewell at centre capewell used to play fullback for souths which is also something to think about.
    Correct, worng, possibly.

Might as well put Presto back in to the pivot role for now. If he is up for it. Centres is not where we need to be sticking guys. Why mess around with something that is not the porblem? It just creates more problems elsewhere. Capewell might just be the ticket if Zilly is out and Presto takes the pivot role. Gets him some game time, he's played there before, and he can still move into the line in attack for extra man play. But personally I'd say Capewell 5/8 and Presto FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Apparently Capewell had a blinder in one of the trial games. That's all I know though.
    From the trial he seemed to have everything. I wasn't really watching him until I realised some youngen was tearing them up. He must have been doing something right!

To be honest I do not know too much about him.
    He has only played 2 games i have seen, and one of them we were flogged, and i think he was unfairly dropped because of it, but i would understand the reason for dropping him until Friend returns as without a 9, Preston can interchange with Bird.(but that is not happening so i am stumped)

He has speed off the mark, and a decent pass, he played 5/8 for the Australian schoolboys in 2006, with Sandow inside him.

If asked his position he would say 5/8
    He played fullback for Souths under Taylor. But filled in when Sutton was injured. Late 2010

Capewell and Zillman(fullback) where the only 2 players NOT to miss 1 tackle against the Dragons.
    Good post Coaster, with stats that back it up.
    Capewell is our 5/8, that's why we bought him, let him play!!!

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah View Post
    is that 'do as i say', or 'do as i do'?
    Here is an extract from the forum guidelines that may answer your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan View Post
    3.0.5 - Hijacking a thread/Baiting members
    Friendly banter between opposing points of view is allowed (even encouraged) but the forums are primarily here for the enjoyment of all members. Excessive posting aimed solely at disrupting threads may result in post deletions. This requires moderator discretion but in basic terms, any member who continually creates disruptions to threads will be advised to cease with their activity. Failure to comply with this advice will result in an expulsion warning or immediate suspension.

5.0.2 - What might warrant a suspension from the forum?
    Each incident that is referred to the Titans Forum Admin team will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Listed here are just a few examples of what may lead to a suspension from the forum:
    - Blatant refusal by member to adhere to Administrator or Moderator instruction on a specific forum matter or topic
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.