Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Ryan is the "multi quote" king
    Love that function
    And isn't it the only way to remind people what they actually wrote?
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I posted this elsewhere but ill repost

Btw this is my opinion only:

1. Cartwright has not encouraged Prince to play like this, he has infact tried to make him step back abit last year, the problem with Carty is allthough this is good in theory, (he has never had a classic 5/8)*
    2. Prince is non existent in defense- he removes himself from the line, creating holes the size of trucks then allows himself to be targeted by being behind the line, players such as Harrison and Bird could protect him a bit if he stayed in the line, but by dropping back he is exposed. This is not the first game he has done this, and wont be the last. Teams with brains kill us with this stupid weakness of his manhood.

*Carty for some reason will not play Preston at 5/8, as he, i assume, is in his mind too small to be in the front line. Yet he is currently playing the guy at Hooker!!
    I would rather have Preston defending in the line then Prince, the amount of courage shown from Presto, is nothing short of astounding. And if Prince had 1/10 of the courage of him he would be the Australian halfback.

Also on attack, the guy needs to straighten and take on the line, his crabbing across field cuts the options for outside guys, we have 2 of the fastest wingers in the NRL, yet i can not remember the last time they got clean ball.

Do i want Prince in the team? YES i do, but he is playing in a f*cking dinner suit, he has gone through his fair share of tragedy in his life, after his fathers death. I watched him change from a young half, to a experienced half (one of the best in the world). He played tough, and he always held his ground, he played as if his father was watching from the stands, and before every game we would go to the bottom right corner and lift some dirt to remind himself.

Now i look at a man wearing 2 diamond earrings, and large sunny's, a 5 year contract locked away, and the chance of playing rep footy almost over. He is playing because this is his job, not because this is his love.

It is time he remembers the face of his father, and plays the game in a way that matters.

I have faith Prince can do this.
    Yep what Coaster said.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I posted this elsewhere but ill repost

Btw this is my opinion only:

1. Cartwright has not encouraged Prince to play like this, he has infact tried to make him step back abit last year, the problem with Carty is allthough this is good in theory, (he has never had a classic 5/8)*
    Most of what you wrote is pretty spot on...but not encouraged to play like what?

his defense?
    or his attack?

I suspect your referring to his defense because he just doesn't put his shoulder into the tackle...I know a lot of coaches try and hide their half back in defense but I think it's the wrong move.
    They think they don't have to get involve but this creates a certain spot they will defend...easy to run play at them.

Since the Titans have started they have dominated around the ruck...can only score long distant tries with their speed...and can't score close to the opposition line.

The threads about the best half back but it's been brought up from the lack of quality play's from the halves.

Prince is a great organiser and always gets back to sets with his kicks but there is no-one to put the killer blow in.

I know it's hard for a titans supporter to criticize the coach in this area but the halves is where Carty needs to develop his skills

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Most of what you wrote is pretty spot on...but not encouraged to play like what?

his defense?
    or his attack?

I suspect your referring to his defense because he just doesn't put his shoulder into the tackle...I know a lot of coaches try and hide their half back in defense but I think it's the wrong move.
    They think they don't have to get involve but this creates a certain spot they will defend...easy to run play at them.

Since the Titans have started they have dominated around the ruck...can only score long distant tries with their speed...and can't score close to the opposition line.

The threads about the best half back but it's been brought up from the lack of quality play's from the halves.

Prince is a great organiser and always gets back to sets with his kicks but there is no-one to put the killer blow in.

I know it's hard for a titans supporter to criticize the coach in this area but the halves is where Carty needs to develop his skills
    that first line of mine was referring to the original post, not in this thread.

I agree with what you are saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

that first line of mine was referring to the original post, not in this thread.

I agree with what you are saying.
    your better having a poor defender in front of the advantage line then behind it.
    Prince should be moving up hard to cut of attacking plays...not moving backwards to save his long term career.

Chaos, you mention the Titans ability to get down the field, yet are unable to score once we are there, does this not fall on Princes shoulders?

The reason IMO why we can score from the halfway but not inside the 20 is because of the angle Prince is running.

Most teams have a up and in style of defense that changes to a slide inside there 20. Princes tactic of crabbing across field holding the ball, works great for Up and In, but is pathetic against a slide. Why will he not straighten himself at the line, and suicide pass to players into holes? Most of the tries i can remember us scoring in the last few years at the line have been, when Rogers Myers, Lafrancri or Mini have done exactly that off of Friend or Preston. But Prince has not bought this into his game.
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Chaos, you mention the Titans ability to get down the field, yet are unable to score once we are there, does this not fall on Princes shoulders?

The reason IMO why we can score from the halfway but not inside the 20 is because of the angle Prince is running.

Most teams have a up and in style of defense that changes to a slide inside there 20. Princes tactic of crabbing across field holding the ball, works great for Up and In, but is pathetic against a slide. Why will he not straighten himself at the line, and suicide pass to players into holes? Most of the tries i can remember us scoring in the last few years at the line have been, when Rogers Myers, Lafrancri or Mini have done exactly that off of Friend or Preston. But Prince has not bought this into his game.
    Your right about the crabbing sideways...you just need to watch benji's first touches, he angles in first.

The half backs role is to control field position with the forwards and kick...and then give his 5/8 room to put on a try scoring play.
    Prince tries to do both roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Your right about the crabbing sideways...you just need to watch benji's first touches, he angles in first.

The half backs role is to control field position with the forwards and kick...and then give his 5/8 room to put on a try scoring play.
    Prince tries to do both roles.
    Good halfs can do both.
    Cronk can
    Thurston can

He needs to evolve, that means he needs a couple of set plays at the line for us when we are inside the 20.

We need a 5/8, we have since inception.
    Hilder
    Harrison
    Bird
    Rogers
    Preston
    Lewis
    Capewell

Have all had a go, and there is the fundamental problem with the style of players above (they are nearly all hole runners).

Putting Prince into 5/8 still doesnt work, as we still can not crack a sliding defense with a sliding offense.

Why wasnt this worked on during the offseason??
    I can not believe we have started this season we NO plays inside the 20. Are we just waiting for Friend?

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Love that function
    And isn't it the only way to remind people what they actually wrote?
    How do you multi quote ?

Never known how to do it but if you could please let me know how, it would be very much appreciated.

Reckon i will have an absolute ball disecting the crap out of your posts Ryan.

Can't wait for the Titans first win or Prince getting MOM so that you can resurface the old bandwagoner accusations again.

Quote Originally Posted by dean View Post
    How do you multi quote ?

Never known how to do it but if you could please let me know how, it would be very much appreciated.

Reckon i will have an absolute ball disecting the crap out of your posts Ryan.

Can't wait for the Titans first win or Prince getting MOM so that you can resurface the old bandwagoner accusations again.
    Theres a blue button labeled "Multi-Quote", placed between the "Quote" and "Quick Reply" buttons at the bottom right of each post. Just hit that button for all but the last post you want to quote, then hit the "Quote" button on the last post you want to quote.

Bring it on, I have always encouraged that

I can't wait for that either, Prince has been my favourite player since I started following NRL, you can blame him for me being on this forum
    Last edited by Ryan; 20-03-11 at 01:35 PM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Good halfs can do both.
    Cronk can
    Thurston can

He needs to evolve, that means he needs a couple of set plays at the line for us when we are inside the 20.
    Thurston is an exception but he doesn't feed a backline like Prince can...he does it himself.

Cronk had Finch
    Pierce had Carney
    Wallace has Lockyer
    Lui has Benji
    Hornby has Soward

These are the 5/8's that will win you and grandfinal.

If anyone has footage of the game Prince played when Australia flogged England (i think in 2008) they will see how a great backline can play.
    It was the only time I've seen the Queensland/Australian backline used to it's full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Scott Prince's short kicking game last year got more goal line dropouts and repeat sets than any other halfback. He never relied on 50% kicks to wingers, he took multiple others options like; short & cuttout passing close to the line, dummy & run himself and also had chip kicks over the line between himself and Presto. Thats why our forwards get as many tries as our wingers, Prince has the ability to put anyone over the line and not just rely on 50% chance kicks. This was highlighted going into the final series. Prince is also one of few kickers who put backspin on the ball to make it sit up and stay in play, that's another skill that gets noted by guys like Daley, Fittler and Sterlo.

Luke Walsh did little more than put up bombs and kicks which were 50% chances of the kick receivers to get a try. Panthers based their whole year on this tactic and it was well known at the time, any player let alone a halfback can put a kick up and hope one of their players score off it. You didn't see forwards and a back-line movement running off Walsh in one play as you would have with Prince.
    Im interested to see where your stats are coming from ?

Luke Walsh has more to his game then pin point kicks, can see when he needs to throw a short or long pass, defends with his body on the line and does not give up.

Going back to the Sandow discussion,
    Sandow i would have to say puts the most effort into his defense out of all the HBs, has a good kicking game and IMO is a decent play-maker.
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 20-03-11 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Im interested to see where your stats are coming from ?

Luke Walsh has more to his game then spot on kicks, he defends with his body on the line and does not give up.

Sandow i would have to say puts the most effort into his defense out of all the HBs, has a good kicking game and IMO is a decent play-maker.
    I'd have Luke Walsh as my half back any day...but Sandow has let the opposition off the hook too many times to win a grandfinal.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    No No No No NO

Sandow is worse then Prince in defense, 2 shoulder charges a year does not make up for that