Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I have 2 no profit tickets for this game for sale. I had someone pull out so his mate did as well. Excellent seats, Section 21 Row 3 so at the halfway. They cost me $75 each so anyone wants them PM me.

P.S. I don't want to make any money but I ain't that keen on losing money either so PM me please. First in gets 'em.

Oh, forgot to mention that the lucky purchaser gets to sit next to me and the better half. You lucky person you...

Right thread..

Can I just say that Shamus is quality and his company is worth at least an additional $8.50
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hodges in doubt for Anzac league Test

Wayne Heming AAP Thu, May 05, 2011 - 3:34 PM

Australian star Justin Hodges is believed to be under an injury cloud with Willie Tonga called into the Kangaroos camp on the eve of Friday's rugby league Test against New Zealand.

Centre Hodges has played six NRL games this season after sitting out 2010 with an Achilles injury.

It's uncertain if he's been ruled out or if North Queensland centre Tonga - who'd been preparing to play against St George-Illawarra on Sunday - has been brought into camp as a precaution in case his Queensland Origin teammate can't play.

An Australian team official, when contacted by AAP on Thursday, was unable to confirm reports Hodges had broken down.

He last played Test football in 2009.

This year, Hodges has shown glimpses of his best for Brisbane who have won their past six straight.

An Australian team spokesman told AAP that Hodges, who has a history of hamstring problems, had experienced back spasms on Thursday morning.

He confirmed Tonga had been called into camp as "cover" for Hodges as he was not involved in the City-Country clash in Albury on Friday night.

The spokesman said it was uncertain if Hodges would attempt to train on Friday afternoon.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I love international footy. This is a dream come true for me. My mate Bobby bought himself a Kangaroos jersey, everyone is getting into the spirit.

Just a reminder that the curtain raiser is Australian Army vs Australian Navy.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Queenslander for a Queenslander. Hope Hodges is ok, he has been amazing since his return. Rest up for Origin mate. Tonga won't let us down. But overall it's a slightly weaker Kangaroos.

Yeah shame about Hodges, but Tonga's a more than capable replacement

Also, looks like Blair is still a chance of playing - things starting to get interesting, can't wait

Default Hodges given all-clear for Kangaroos

Steve Jancetic AAP Fri, May 06, 2011 - 1:16 PM

Australian centre Justin Hodges has overcome a back injury and is a confirmed starter in Friday night's rugby league Test against New Zealand.

Hodges threw a scare into the Kangaroos camp on Thursday morning when he suffered a back spasm - the injury forcing team officials to rush Willie Tonga down from Townsville to the Gold Coast late on Thursday night as cover.

But after getting through the squad's final training run on Thursday, Hodges was showing no ill-effects of the injury as he took part in the team walk on Friday morning.

"We're 1-17, no problems," Kangaroos assistant coach Peter Gentle said.

"Hodgo had a bit of a problem with his back but he's pulled up fine today."

The injury update is far less optimistic in the Kiwi camp, with Adam Blair (ankle) and Nathan Fien (hamstring) both battling to take their place in the visitors' line-up.

No decision on the pair will be made until an hour before kick-off.

Blair is considered the biggest concern and Lewis Brown is ready to come into the side, while Fien's unavailability is set to cause a major reshuffle, with Brisbane youngster Gerard Beale in line to win his first Test cap.

Should Fien pull out, fullback Lance Hohaia will likely shift to hooker, with Jason Nightingale sliding over from wing to fullback and Beale earning a debut on the wing.

Who was that useless fat ****er that just destroyed our National Anthem? In all of the country, can't they find a single person who can just sing the Australian National Anthem the way it is supposed to be performed?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Who was that useless fat ****er that just destroyed our National Anthem? In all of the country, can't they find a single person who can just sing the Australian National Anthem the way it is supposed to be performed?
    Fully agree. They always manage to find someone who wants to put their own twist onto it which ruins it. Meanwhile the NZ anthem always sounds pretty good.

NZ are just going sideways. You would think they would back their forward pack to make some metres up the middle but they seem to be hoping to go around the outside of Australia.

This hasn't been the greatest display of rugby league talent, but it's been a really enjoyable game to watch, and there is 1 very simple reason for that.

The refereeing, or more importantly, the lack of it. The game has been allowed to flow, no niggly 50/50, NRL style wanky penalties, just letting the footy flow. Nice one!

And it's allowing some nice little plays like sneaky hands in the 2 man tackle prying it loose, etc, but it's the way the game is meant to be played, not with some half-wit ref blowing his whistle every set of 6, or wasting 15mins of the match waiting for video- refs to get it wrong.

Well played, officials!

The refereeing, or more importantly, the lack of it.
    LOL, I give him a wrap and he blows one 60 secs later for a "high shot".

Not bad, 53 mins in before the first penalty though.

You know the refereeing is good when you don't even realise he is even out there.

This hasn't been the greatest display of rugby league talent, but it's been a really enjoyable game to watch, and there is 1 very simple reason for that.

The refereeing, or more importantly, the lack of it. The game has been allowed to flow, no niggly 50/50, NRL style wanky penalties, just letting the footy flow. Nice one!

And it's allowing some nice little plays like sneaky hands in the 2 man tackle prying it loose, etc, but it's the way the game is meant to be played, not with some half-wit ref blowing his whistle every set of 6, or wasting 15mins of the match waiting for video- refs to get it wrong.

Well played, officials!
    Spot on C-Whiz...started to watch the City/Country match, saw a stupid penalty early in the game and turned it off