Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr Gallop!

Default Dear Mr Gallop!

How could that possibly be a try? It was the turning point in the game and was just so wrong! I was dumbfounded when the 3 green letters flashed onto the screen...I cannot imagine what the players were feeling.
    Referees = EPIC FAIL

Agreed. Been a while since I've been that angry at a refs decision.

YUP ...agreed
    bloody disgracefull
    stupid of the ref to get in the way, at worst shoulda been a scrum to the dragons...but the video ref musta had a bet on the dragons...Clark should be gaaawn
    at least the footy show will have something to talk about on thursday night
    Get up and play the ball ya sook

Mr Gallop is a dork,

That is all this Manly fan will say

Whats funny is he couldn't even defend himself, daddy Maxwell had to come in and clean up the mess.

Not to mention the prick thought it was pretty funny when he returned to the halfway line. I wouldn't be smiling if I ****ed up at my job and had 10,000 clients angry and for good reason.

I need to hit the driving range tomorrow... needless to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Whats funny is he couldn't even defend himself, daddy Maxwell had to come in and clean up the mess.

Not to mention the prick thought it was pretty funny when he returned to the halfway line. I wouldn't be smiling if I ****ed up at my job and had 10,000 clients angry and for good reason.

I need to hit the driving range tomorrow... needless to say.
    If u watch the replay u will see him pat Boyd on the **** & tell him to put his foot on the ball "Because i'd hate to pinch ya for it", the nob mustn't realise many of us wear Sports Ears

It will go down as one of the worst Video ref's decision in History
    #itaintweaktospeak

I don't see how it's David gallops fault, but it seemed like an obvious infringement to me, certainly not a "fair" try.

Almost a perfect example of running obstruction, except it was run by a ref.

I hate David gallop but it's not his fault.
    He does not make the rules he is only a puppet.

The rules say it's a try, yes the rules are stupid but the refs did not make the wrong call.

And we got outplayed i don't think that try changed outcome of the game.

Its not Gallops fault, but if he does nothing about this, then he will have failed at his duty to the integrity of the game.
    Ive trolled the inermaweby thingy and cant seem to find a copy of the Official NRL rule book. I wanna read this document myself as I cant believe that there is not a rule in there that says its not ok for the ref to have an impact on the outcome of a passage of play of the game.
    Does anyone know of a link or of where I can get a copy of the document
    Get up and play the ball ya sook

just another thing that requires some common sense, anyone could see zillman was going to go there b4 boyd. should of just been a hand over due to last tackle or something. or like someone esle said, scum to the dragons... but due to it being on 5th, rkn prob play the ball...
    like the new rule on the gettting held n running off(1st time gordon was held, but the 2nd time it happen it like they using it just cause they can cause he wasnt held for shizzz)

QLD Cup Titan

ON the sunday roast today they stated that there is no rule to protect the defending team in this particular scenario so it was UNFORTUNATE but the right call was made. No it may not have changed the end result but the momentum shift is so critical in this game and going from 7 down to 13 down due to that was more than unfortunate. Zilly had it covered hands down! However, its done and dusted and we have to prepare for next week. I am still confused over the quick tap rule by the way - should that not have gone our way?????

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I don't see how it's David gallops fault, but it seemed like an obvious infringement to me, certainly not a "fair" try.

Almost a perfect example of running obstruction, except it was run by a ref.
    Trust me its Gallops fault,

If I have enough time I can prove to you the Qld floods are related to him

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    ON the sunday roast today they stated that there is no rule to protect the defending team in this particular scenario so it was UNFORTUNATE but the right call was made.
    Sterlo on Sunday Footy Show quoted Rabs Warren about rule 8.4 (or something ) along the lines of, "If there is an event that gives the attacking team an unjust advantage, that is not covered by the rules, the referee can blow his whistle".

I am loosely translating, but that was the guts of it.

Sterlo on Sunday Footy Show quoted Rabs Warren about rule 8.4 (or something ) along the lines of, "If there is an event that gives the attacking team an unjust advantage, that is not covered by the rules, the referee can blow his whistle".

Commensense says it should be a scrum but the "Rule Book" doesn't so we have to live with it , it's not Gallops problem more likely Harrigan & Rapers..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Unfortunately for the Titans the blowing of the whistle was for the TRY!
    I believe Carty is right...where is the common sense rule. Just because the rule is there doesn't make it right!
    The difference here to me is that the referee through his actions (positioning and movement) gave an unfair advantage to St. George...not through a refereeing decision such as a ruling on a chain of events eg. a knock-on.
    I see it like this...If there was any other action in the game that involved taking out a player for the benefit of the attacking team it would involve referee intervention and the side attacking would not be able to benefit.
    What if this was the Grand Final? I bet there would be a greater reaction to this as opposed to Round 1 GC Titans...as Carty said where is the common sense?