Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2011 Legion Banners

I think we really need more banners, we have some really healthy numbers in The Legion these days, but the best way to be noticed is with banners. This is what makes the Dragons army so visual.

With the club backing the Legion so well and the prospect of future official banner making days, the future looks bright.

But it still comes down to the rank and file Titans fans making banners that they will have responsibility for.

So here is a thread for new banners for 2011. Also remember to dust off our old favourites and bring them to games!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Here is my current project....

Painting it up now. Wish me luck!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Here is my current project....

Painting it up now. Wish me luck!
    Good Thinking!!!! Bon Jovi it up. I think any banners with "This is our house" on it, will get T.V. coverage this year.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

haha looks awsome brad

Quote Originally Posted by Travelling Titan View Post
    haha looks awsome brad
    Yea I might start taking requests. Just as long as people will use it.

Next will either be an Ash banner or an anti Dragons one. I guess the Ash one would be useful at more games. Also did a design for one for Scott Prince, not sure how difficult it is gonna be though.

Some newer pictures of my progress. Just got to draw in the crowd now, that might be a bit hard. Polish off Skilled Park and then touch up the paint and then go over it with black marker.

And then I can start on another.

Nearly there...

OK it is done, just needs some slits for poles and it is good to go.

Gonna work on another now.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    OK it is done, just needs some slits for poles and it is good to go.

Gonna work on another now.
    Like I said on FB mate, it looks sweet.

OK, Ive done a Spotlight run today and have sewn up a small tri-colour banner ( about 1.5m high, 1m wide, blue top, white middle, yellow bottom).

I have a few slogan ideas running through my head, but was thinking if someone in the Legion area would actually use it I could put something "Legion" on it.

I was actually thinking, "Loud, Proud, Legion", sort of like the Learn, Earn, Legend campaign, with one word on each colour.

Any takers? Any ideas?

QLD Cup Titan

Brad - awesome banner - love it!!!
    c-whiz - like your idea too - simple but very effective.
    Banners are awesome - wish I had some sewing or drawing talent haha - but you are right that the dragons banners etc really stand out in the crowd. Always happy to help hold up some banners in the legion if there is spares. There is 5 of us in our group so plenty of hands :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    Brad - awesome banner - love it!!!
    c-whiz - like your idea too - simple but very effective.
    Banners are awesome - wish I had some sewing or drawing talent haha - but you are right that the dragons banners etc really stand out in the crowd. Always happy to help hold up some banners in the legion if there is spares. There is 5 of us in our group so plenty of hands :-)
    So Mushi, would you wave it loud and proud if I painted it up? It'd just go into the Legion pile of flags and banners, but if you are up for it, I would put that slogan onto it and you can claim it.

My other option is "You got OWNED". I thought that would be fun. Especially after a game where the Titans have SMASHED the opposition, or on the back of some stunning defence that puts them on their ar$e.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    So Mushi, would you wave it loud and proud if I painted it up? It'd just go into the Legion pile of flags and banners, but if you are up for it, I would put that slogan onto it and you can claim it.

My other option is "You got OWNED". I thought that would be fun. Especially after a game where the Titans have SMASHED the opposition, or on the back of some stunning defence that puts them on their ar$e.
    That would be a sensational Banner to pull out when the game is gone & especially if the opposition was standing right in front of you in their own in goal
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    That would be a sensational Banner to pull out when the game is gone & especially if the opposition was standing right in front of you in their own in goal
    Hahaha that'd be the perfect picture. Them looking defeated in goal. The Legion and Titan Army giving them hell and celebrating and that banner haha.

I'm working on a Scott Prince banner now. Pictures to come.

As C Whiz says, it all comes down to people willing to hold them up and look after them. Making them, is a short and painful process, but we need that ongoing effort to use em.

QLD Cup Titan

C- Whiz - definitely!!!!!!!!!!!! We stand with the legion usually in the second or third row on the right facing the ground - we are there each and every week and will def wave that banner with pride - if you are happy to make it - I'm happy to wave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    we are there each and every week and will def wave that banner with pride - if you are happy to make it - I'm happy to wave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know :-)
    That's dedication!

Mate, I'll bring it down Sat arvo-ish.