Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Test Match now on the GC - Round 9 away game against Wariors now a HOME game

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

VB Test moved from Christchurch to Gold Coast

New Zealand Rugby League Chief Executive, Mr Jim Doyle, has today confirmed the May 6 Test between New Zealand and Australia will move to the Gold Coast’s Skilled Park as Christchurch works to recover from the devastation of February’s earthquake.

The NZRL and the ARL have made a firm commitment to return the match to Christchurch in 2012 when AMI stadium and the city itself can capitalise on the benefits of hosting the international.

“Our thoughts are with the people of Christchurch and the Canterbury region at this time,” Mr Doyle said.

“The priority for them now is to somehow get their lives back together and the valuable resources they have on call need to be focused on trying to rebuild their city.

“By next year, hopefully, they will be looking for the tourism and the international exposure that this match can deliver and we will be there to do everything we can to deliver that outcome.

“We remain committed to giving the people of Canterbury the chance to see the World Champion Kiwis but, unfortunately, it is in everyone’s interest that we wait for the right time.

“We are conscious that there are a lot of people hurting at the moment in Christchurch, as well as many in Queensland who are still coming to terms with the devastation of recent floods and the Test will certainly include a number of fund-raising efforts.”

To accommodate the venue change, the Warriors’ Round 9 Telstra Premiership match against the Titans, which was to be scheduled at Mt Smart Stadium, has been moved to Skilled Park.

The corresponding match between the two teams in Round 18 will move from Skilled Park to Mt Smart.

“The move has been agreed to by both clubs and reduces the impact of the venue change on the Warriors players,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

“There is tremendous sympathy for the people of Christchurch and we accept that the city is simply not in a position to host the match.

“Everyone is committed to making sure though that we are there to support the city with a Test when the time is right.”

The operators of AMI stadium, VBASE, today applauded the decision to commit to a New Zealand v Australia Test in 2012.

“We have been working with the NZRL with respect to the difficulties of hosting the ANZAC Test in early May,” Chief Executive, Mr Brian Pearson, said today.

“We are delighted they have made the decision to commit to Christchurch for next year.”

Ticketing details and travel packages for supporters in New Zealand will be released in coming weeks.

http://www.nrl.com

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Can only be a good thing, opportunity for some Titans marketing during the test match and with all the Kiwis coming over they will most likely stick around for the Titans match!

Nice.

It is going to be massive, particularly because it will mean we can have a ROO CREW bay at a Test Match on the Gold Coast.

Also a double blockbuster will be a powerful weapon against the AFL.

Terrible for Christchurch to lose it, but they werent in a position to host it. But Rugby League will return to help rebuild that great city.

U 'expletive' beauty! You have got to be kidding! A test match and a Titans match the same weekend at Skilled? I have had some beers and those who know me know I lose some brain cells around this time of the evening so I hope the fark (OK.. 'expletive' instead of fark) I have got this right...So when I wake up tomorrow I hope this is factual and not an embarrassing nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    U 'expletive' beauty! You have got to be kidding! A test match and a Titans match the same weekend at Skilled? I have had some beers and those who know me know I lose some brain cells around this time of the evening so I hope the fark (OK.. 'expletive' instead of fark) I have got this right...So when I wake up tomorrow I hope this is factual and not an embarrassing nightmare.
    I promise you mate, it's 100% true. I've dreamt of Kangaroos Tests on the Coast and now it's real. Also let's hope we get some Kangaroos representatives on top!

Also great for our turf war with the AFL. And imagine if Scott Prince gets that 7 Green and Gold that he deserves!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 04-03-11 at 11:42 PM.

Hey guys

I have one of the four match memberships, with one of the games being vs warriors in round 18. Will this now change to the round 9 match, considering another match in the pack is against the roosters round 8?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Titans View Post
    Hey guys

I have one of the four match memberships, with one of the games being vs warriors in round 18. Will this now change to the round 9 match, considering another match in the pack is against the roosters round 8?

Thanks
    Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure that as it is technically a Warriors home game, Titans memberships won't count for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure that as it is technically a Warriors home game, Titans memberships won't count for this game.
    It should be a Titan's home game. In round 18, the game that should have been played at Skilled will be played in NZ as their home game.

This also means we will have a whole months of games in SE QLD. Rd 8 v Roosters, Rd 9 v Warriors, Rd 10 v Manly, then a bye in Rd 11, and Rd 12 is the double header at Suncorp, Rd 13 v Panthers at Skilled. No/little travel for 6 weeks!

Awesome News! That is going to be insane, I reckon it'll sell out fast. But dun want it to be full of Kiwis! Which it might be if Aussies don't buy fast.

Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

2 things bad if it 6 weeks of home that means 6 weeks of AWAY and kiwis will forget about league while the countdown for rugby world cup

Quote Originally Posted by quinn loves titans View Post
    2 things bad if it 6 weeks of home that means 6 weeks of AWAY and kiwis will forget about league while the countdown for rugby world cup
    Yea we have a big gauntlet ahead. But hopefully we will see plenty of fans on the road to support.

I think the local Kiwis will pack out the game as well. It'll certainly be an amazing atmosphere.

But it is up to US to stop a dominating KKKIIIIWWWWIIII chant echoing around Skilled Park. *Shiver*

ducks' flaps ... I'll be home for a conference ... yeehaaaaaa!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

i have to say i am happy the test match is on the gold coast, but am not happy because i have already paid $500 to travel to new zealand now i have basically just lost $500....They could of moved it from christchurch to aukland to still have it in new zealand