Default Start of the Rot?

Self-explanatory

Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Ouch. I forgot about that one. I actually bought that issue. It was a great insight into the club and there is nothing wrong with pencilling in a Premiership in the first half decade just as long as the measures are in place to bring it about.

Wests Tigers did it in 5 years. Storm did it in 2 years. Broncos did it in 4 years. I won't stretch back any further because it isn't really relevant.

But the way the magazine put that on the front cover is really arkward.

Makes me miss Ryan James too! God our injury toll was ridiculous. And if we didn't have Srama we would be howling so much about the loss of the great Nathan Friend. Without Srama the pain would have been very much worse.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Well looking back now, I'd say we were doomed from day 1 of this season. We started off the year missing key players in Friend, Boof and Mini (players in which the team was built around for 5 years), we were trialing a new halves combination with Princey and Capewell, and I guess Capewell must have choked on the big stage, which left Prince as the only 80 minute playmaker, therefore mounting a great deal of pressure on him, plus giving the opposition defence far less to worry about as the coach probably has Princey's game plan all worked out, and knew how to shut him down. We had Mead who was needing to find his feet again after 9 months out injured. We eventually had Friend, Prince, Laffranchi, Ridge, Gordon, Henderson, Meyers, Harrison, Henry etc. all out for extended periods of time. Plus the draw we were given had us start the year with 6 of the most difficult games of the year, in an attempt to gain publicity, and take focus of the GC Suns, and if that wasn't enough, the ref started off awarding a dubious try to Darius Boyd, which killed off the contest, and let the Dragons run away with it. This led to doubt and lack of confidence in the minds of the players and they were never the same since than.

Next year, I see we definitely have the talent in the squad to be highly competitive, and with a game plan that can reinvent their attack, and be ruthless in their defense, plus some luck with injuries, I think it is very possible that Prince can exchange the wooden spoon for a premiership trophy. Especially after the shocker of 2011, I can only hope that the players will be determined enough to turn this form around.