Default Media ban lifted on Titans winger Kevin Gordon

Media ban lifted on Titans winger Kevin Gordon

WHAT'S all the fuss about Kevin Gordon?

The Gold Coast Titans winger has spoken for the first time since his protective media ban was lifted by coach John Cartwright.

And you know what? Not a lot changed.

His head did not flip open and release a flock of pigeons. There were no lasers from his eyes nor missiles from his nostrils.

No sledging, not even a hint of controversy.

That is no criticism of a bright young man who, until now, had his expression limited to bamboozling opponents with his lightning-quick feet.

It is, however, reinforcement of the decision to finally let Flash Gordon tackle a world that loves to know what makes its stars tick.

''I've done a bit of media training now so I don't see why not (speak to the media)'' he said.

''I guess I'm ready. It was to keep my focus on footy and now I've got a bit more experience, I'm comfortable with it.''

Perhaps it was Gordon's cheeky grin that made Cartwright anxious about what he might say, or what impact the load of media might have on his football.

He is built like an Olympic sprinter and moves with a kind of swagger, only stepping into gear when he needs to.

''We are not ready to launch him to you blokes yet,'' Cartwright said on the eve of this year's finals. ''He is not like a lot of people I have come across.

''He is a good kid. He trains hard and is one of the real characters of the side.''

What we do know about Gordon is he turns 21 today and is a joy to watch on the Titans' left flank.

Since breaking into side at the start of last year, he has played 49 of a possible 50 games and scored 25 tries.

Gordon is contracted to the club until the end of 2014 and by then hopes to have completed a business degree at Griffith University.

With NSW seeking to reinvent themselves after five seasons of despair, Gordon should be in the sights of Blues coach Ricky Stuart.

To do that he must improve in the air. At 181cm, Gordon is not the tallest of outside backs and if he has a perceived weakness, it is his ability to handle high balls.

He hopes to be more of a threat on attacking cross kicks.

''I'd love to get a rep jumper next year, whether it's for Country or New South Wales,'' he said. ''We haven't scored a lot of tries from kicks so that's something to improve on.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Not alot will change, Kev isnt a man of many words.

He is a good kid and lets his footy do the talking.