Default Titans support the fight against multiple sclerosis

Titans dive in for good cause

GOLD Coast Titans rugby league player Brad Meyers was stunned when his younger sister was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis two years ago.

He had heard of the disease but had no idea what it meant or how it would affect his family. His sister was 26 at the time and had just given birth to a son.

''My wife is a doctor. When I told her that Michelle had been diagnosed with MS she looked at me and said: 'That's not good,''' he said.

''I had no idea of the impact it would have.'' Meyers has since learnt first hand and, due to his personal connection, has become heavily involved in supporting those with the illness.

Yesterday he, with fellow Titans stars Luke O'Dwyer and Greg Bird and coaching staff Trevor Gillmeister and Steve Murphy, took part in Queensland's first MS Mega Swim on the Gold Coast.

From midday, teams took turns swimming laps over 24 straight hours at the Runaway Bay Sport and Leadership Excellence Centre pool to raise funds for people living with MS.

Meyers and the other Titans were first in the pool. More swimmers were scheduled to continue the swim into the early hours of the morning.

The event, which has been a success in NSW and Victoria, is expected to raise more than $40,000.

Multiple sclerosis is the most common chronic neurological condition affecting young Australians.

http://www.smh.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Sorry to hear the news about Brad's sister. My family wish her well

Well done to the guys for participating in the mega swim.
    my brother-in-law works at the Sports Super Centre and was in the relay as well. would have cheered him on but he was swimming at 1am!

Hope they raised heaps!!

Terrible news for Brad but i'm sure the Titans family will do everything they can to help his family
    #itaintweaktospeak