Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NRL Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This is a discussion forum, how can you expect no disagreements? Did you think you were gonna come on here, spit out your opinion presenting it as fact and then expect everyone to clap along? Why would anyone agree with you just for the sake of it? Four pages into an exhausting discussion and your argument has been little more than what is highlighted in your post above.

The minimal time you have spent is evident in the quality of your posts.
    I did spend abit of time & effort dipping into the Rugby League archives, putting forward verifiable demographic information of CQ, and providing statistics relative to our sport and both bids. Had you have done the same you might have had a reasonable argument - but you didn't\couldn't.
    Claiming that you have "no time to waste" is laughable

- you have spent the time making just as many posts as I have. And you had previously stated you don't know much about the Titans setup - yet you claim the CC Bears bid is better? You are giving up now because thats all you can do. Responses like "Yeah whatever mate" & "so feel good or whatever but we'll see" are clear signs of an empty barrel.
    Whatever you want to think. If i has a spare 2-3 hours i would rip apart everything you have said, fact is that is an impossible time to spend on something as trivial as an forum site. Unlike you i do not get kicks out of insulting people i do not know by making unsubstantial assumptions. Ever think that i have better things to do then argue with somebody i do not know on a Gold Coast Titans forum?

If you want to really know what is going on with the bids fly over to a NRL forum site, There are over 100 pages of expansion on both the main sites. Name is BDGS and over the past two-three years you'll be able to see all the information on all the bids from a wide range of demographics. I am just over having to go through page after page after page of information to sustain an argument which by now should be knowledge to all fans of NRL expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Ever think that i have better things to do then argue with somebody i do not know on a Gold Coast Titans forum?
    Nope. Page 5 and counting.......
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Welcome to the forum BDGS. Does that stand for BullDoGS?
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Welcome to the forum BDGS. Does that stand for BullDoGS?
    yeah mate, you probably know me from Rleague. Without blowing my horn i try to keep all around the many different avenues of Rugby League. BDGS does in fact stand for Bulldogs. But don't worry i never have smashed up any trains or ripped apart a stadium before. It started off as Bulldogs_23, somebody shortened it to BDGS23 and away i went from there.

My presence here is with the aim to come and get to know the Titans a little bit better. I realised a few months ago that i didn't really know too much about the NRL's youngest team.

On Rleague i changed the nickname to L T Smash.

Banned

if you wanna know about the titans just replay the last games we vsed the bulldogs and you'll see whats coming for you in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    if you wanna know about the titans just replay the last games we vsed the bulldogs and you'll see whats coming for you in 2011
    Not on the field.

I hope we do smash the Dogs. I got a good Bulldogs mate and the games are always a spicy meatball. Looking forward for the Double Header as well.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

For Queensland's NRL hopefuls the fight is on for hearts and minds
    Peter Badel
    The Courier-Mail
    December 26, 2010 12:01AM
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1225976171870

As the spectre of expansion appears on the NRL's radar, two tribes are ready to go to war in the hope of becoming Queensland's fourth NRL team.

In the blue corner is Central Queensland, backed by multi-millionaire construction magnate Geoff Murphy and a slick, ambitious consortium that has come out swinging hard and early in its aggressive plan to deliver the knockout punch to expansion rivals.

In the red corner is Ipswich, initially slow to start but quietly plotting to go the distance and land some heavy blows when the championship rounds loom.

With the NRL expected to make a definitive call on expansion midway through 2011, the contrasting fighting styles of CQ and Ipswich have formed a mouth-watering sub-plot as the governing body comes under mounting pressure to ensure the next team added is based in Queensland.

Both camps are reluctant to build their campaigns on a bedrock of sledging and mud-slinging. But with Perth and the NSW Central Coast also flexing their expansionary muscle, blood on the floor is inevitable . . . and CQ are determined not to be left sprawled on the canvas.

''It's hard for us to judge where we're at, but we're confident we are making a compelling argument to be the best place in Queensland for expansion and hopefully the best place overall,'' says CQ bid chief executive Denis Keeffe, who impressed News Limited executives with his managerial skill as the former CEO of the Cowboys.

''Naturally we're biased, so I'll let the independent commentators make a call on where we rate. But I don't see too many deficiencies in our bid.''

From the moment they launched their bid 18 months ago, nothing about CQ has been low key. The consortium has held more launches than NASA. More than 20,000 residents have signed an NRL petition, and Queensland Premier Anna Bligh has pledged to build a $150 million stadium.

And then there's Murphy, the workaholic, passionate construction tycoon who is so determined to deliver an NRL team to Central Queensland he flew NRL boss David Gallop to the region for a two-day visit last month in his private jet.

''We are going to convince you,'' says Murphy. ''We have to show David Gallop what we can do for the NRL.
    We tick all the boxes.

''We've got the population, the passion, we have no other national sporting teams in CQ, we basically shore up the east coast (of Australia).

''I'm very confident of getting an NRL licence and always have been.''

But so is Steve Johnson. While CQ have been screaming from the rooftops of Rockhampton, the Ipswich bid chief has been silently crunching the numbers. And the numbers tell him this: the fourth team in Queensland must be located in Brisbane's western corridor.

''We could start a rugby league club tomorrow,'' Johnson says. ''We haven't got the players of course, but we have the infrastructure at the Ipswich Jets (Queensland Cup club), it would just be an expansion of that.

''I'm not going to be disrespectful to CQ, they are passionate league people and that's what the game is built around.''

There is no doubt Ipswich are upping the ante. Last month, former Sydney Roosters CEO Brian Canavan was added as a consultant and he will table a blueprint for the bid in the next three weeks.

Last week, Johnson met Gallop, who initially flagged Ipswich as a leading Queensland expansion target two years ago.

Gallop is reluctant to show his hand, but says Central Queensland has major appeal with its booming billion-dollar resource industry.

''One of the things I like about this area is that it doesn't have a national team in any other code,'' he says
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Gallop is reluctant to show his hand, but says Central Queensland has major appeal with its booming billion-dollar resource industry.

''One of the things I like about this area is that it doesn't have a national team in any other code,'' he says
    Just incase you missed it

For Queensland's NRL hopefuls the fight is on for hearts and minds
    Peter Badel
    The Courier-Mail
    December 26, 2010 12:01AM
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1225976171870

As the spectre of expansion appears on the NRL's radar, two tribes are ready to go to war in the hope of becoming Queensland's fourth NRL team.

In the blue corner is Central Queensland, backed by multi-millionaire construction magnate Geoff Murphy and a slick, ambitious consortium that has come out swinging hard and early in its aggressive plan to deliver the knockout punch to expansion rivals.

In the red corner is Ipswich, initially slow to start but quietly plotting to go the distance and land some heavy blows when the championship rounds loom.

With the NRL expected to make a definitive call on expansion midway through 2011, the contrasting fighting styles of CQ and Ipswich have formed a mouth-watering sub-plot as the governing body comes under mounting pressure to ensure the next team added is based in Queensland.

Both camps are reluctant to build their campaigns on a bedrock of sledging and mud-slinging. But with Perth and the NSW Central Coast also flexing their expansionary muscle, blood on the floor is inevitable . . . and CQ are determined not to be left sprawled on the canvas.

''It's hard for us to judge where we're at, but we're confident we are making a compelling argument to be the best place in Queensland for expansion and hopefully the best place overall,'' says CQ bid chief executive Denis Keeffe, who impressed News Limited executives with his managerial skill as the former CEO of the Cowboys.

''Naturally we're biased, so I'll let the independent commentators make a call on where we rate. But I don't see too many deficiencies in our bid.''

From the moment they launched their bid 18 months ago, nothing about CQ has been low key. The consortium has held more launches than NASA. More than 20,000 residents have signed an NRL petition, and Queensland Premier Anna Bligh has pledged to build a $150 million stadium.

And then there's Murphy, the workaholic, passionate construction tycoon who is so determined to deliver an NRL team to Central Queensland he flew NRL boss David Gallop to the region for a two-day visit last month in his private jet.

''We are going to convince you,'' says Murphy. ''We have to show David Gallop what we can do for the NRL.
    We tick all the boxes.

''We've got the population, the passion, we have no other national sporting teams in CQ, we basically shore up the east coast (of Australia).

''I'm very confident of getting an NRL licence and always have been.''

But so is Steve Johnson. While CQ have been screaming from the rooftops of Rockhampton, the Ipswich bid chief has been silently crunching the numbers. And the numbers tell him this: the fourth team in Queensland must be located in Brisbane's western corridor.

''We could start a rugby league club tomorrow,'' Johnson says. ''We haven't got the players of course, but we have the infrastructure at the Ipswich Jets (Queensland Cup club), it would just be an expansion of that.

''I'm not going to be disrespectful to CQ, they are passionate league people and that's what the game is built around.''

There is no doubt Ipswich are upping the ante. Last month, former Sydney Roosters CEO Brian Canavan was added as a consultant and he will table a blueprint for the bid in the next three weeks.

Last week, Johnson met Gallop, who initially flagged Ipswich as a leading Queensland expansion target two years ago.

lol.

Keep fighting each other Queensland bids. That will surely get you into the comp.

lol.

Keep fighting each other Queensland bids. That will surely get you into the comp.
    Fight? lol. So you bought the journo's spin, but missed the substance of the article?

Fight? lol. So you bought the journo's spin, but missed the substance of the article?
    Everybody interprets things differently, I for one write articles to make a living. I was very aware of the spin from the journo and why it is used within stories. Doesn't mean he's not on the right track. Your comments has confirmed my belief that you look at expansion from a biased stand point.

Everybody interprets things differently, I for one write articles to make a living. I was very aware of the spin from the journo and why it is used within stories. Doesn't mean he's not on the right track. Your comments has confirmed my belief that you look at expansion from a biased stand point.
    And you're claiming that you aren't?

And you're claiming that you aren't?
    The only reason i support the bids from WA and CC are because those were the two bids that have been proven to me that they will easily sustain a team in their areas.

Other bids have failed to do so. I support expansion but only if it's done right and intelligently.

'Dots on map' ideals is no intelligent expansion which is something rugby league has already learnt from.

'Dots on map' ideals is no intelligent expansion which is something rugby league has already learnt from.
    What do you mean by that?