Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

I think it's gonna be a very close game, the real winner won't be apparent until theres 15 or so minutes left

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Where would you put them considering the team played better than ever last weekend. You wanna make a thousand changes just so you can get 2 favs in
    Yea Im getting sick of reading about it. Many of us want Walker and Tomane in there somewhere, particularly Walker. But Preston should be fullback and you wouldn't leave out Mead or Michaels who have been first class.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Where would you put them considering the team played better than ever last weekend. You wanna make a thousand changes just so you can get 2 favs in
    The Roosters are hopeless at the moment and without Todd Carney and they were beating us until the 73rd minute, it was hardly a convincing performance.

No changes should be made to a winning side, but I don't think we've turned the corner just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Blue View Post
    The Roosters are hopeless at the moment and without Todd Carney and they were beating us until the 73rd minute, it was hardly a convincing performance.

No changes should be made to a winning side, but I don't think we've turned the corner just yet.
    So the answer is to put 2 players in for 2 players playing well OR keep the same improving team?

Junior Titan

So the answer is to put 2 players in for 2 players playing well OR keep the same improving team?
    I don't think everyone in our team played well the other night.

We won, that doesn't mean all 17 players were outstanding.

As I said, you don't change a winning team, but falling over the line at the death doesn't mean every player in the squad should be in the clear for the foreseeable future.

If those last 7 minutes never happened the other night, people would be looking at the team's performance a lot differently I think, and not everyone would be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Blue View Post
    I don't think everyone in our team played well the other night.

We won, that doesn't mean all 17 players were outstanding.

As I said, you don't change a winning team, but falling over the line at the death doesn't mean every player in the squad should be in the clear for the foreseeable future.

If those last 7 minutes never happened the other night, people would be looking at the team's performance a lot differently I think, and not everyone would be safe.
    The backs at the moment are safe as a bank.

Junior Titan

We've played two poor teams in the last two weeks minus their star players, neither offered much in attack.

I dunno, we're going okay, but I'm not sold yet and am waiting til we come up against a genuine top 8 team to guage how well we really are travelling.

The Warriors aren't a great attacking side themselves, the game against Manly next week will be a real test I think.

As I have said, I think we have about the best team we can field now, so let them gel in their positions. You don't necessarily get better by changing the team, but you do get different. Time to stick with it and let them get better.

In My opinion we need some more flare in attack
    with that in mind i would have chosen something a little like this

1. Walker
    2. Michaels
    3. Tonga
    4. Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Zillman
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Lawton
    10. James
    11. Bird
    12. Minichello
    13. Harrison

14. Thompson
    15. Ridge
    16. Henderson/White
    17. Campbell (possible coming on at hooker)

thats just me though

Warriors players picked for NRL, test match

All five Warriors in the Kiwis Anzac test squad have been named in an unchanged line-up to face the Titans in an NRL match on the Gold Coast on Sunday.

Fullback Lance Hohaia, centres Lewis Brown and Simon Mannering, prop Sam Rapira and interchange forward Ben Matulino are in Queensland with the Kiwis, preparing to play the Kanagroos at the same match venue on Friday night.

The Kiwis team is named tomorrow, with Lewis Brown the only Warriors player with a question mark over his inclusion.

Warrior coach Ivan Cleary is banking on his stars to come through the test unscathed as he retained the same 17 players that have recorded back-to-back wins over Melbourne and Penrith over the past two rounds and have won four of their last five matches to be just outside the top eight.

The final line-up to face the Titans will only be confirmed an hour before kick-off.

"We haven't had to factor this in for quite a few years. Usually we've had the bye the weekend of the Anzac test so it's really a case of wait and see,'' Cleary said, noting that the Titans were unaffected by test duties.

Cleary said the Warriors would face a challenge against the Titans, who had won two of their past three games and would be strengthened by the return of fullback Preston Campbell from a knee injury.

"We didn't play so well against Penrith much of the time but we got a result. We'll need to be better in all areas against the Titans.''

They will stay in Australia after playing the Titans to prepare for their next match, away to Newcastle the following Sunday.

Warriors side named to play Gold Coast on Sunday:

Lance Hohaia, Kevin Locke, Lewis Brown, S Mannering (captain), Krisnan Inu, James Maloney, Brett Seymour, Sam Rapira, Aaron Heremaia, Jacob Lillyman, Feleti Mateo, Elijah Taylor, Micheal Luck.

Interchange: Alehana Mara, Russell Packer, Ben Matulino, Ukuma Ta'ai.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think that last weeks game showed that Preston has to be in the side for the 80 minutes. They have a good rotation set up were preston doesnt have to defend in the front line but in attack Preston tends to switch to more of a five-eighth role and Zillman switches to a bit more of a fullback role. Also Zillman needs to get more touches of the ball in because he looks dangerous everytime hes around the ball.

I saw Kayne Lawton playing 5/8 in Qcup and he looks very fluent in attack and he can definately run with the football. I hope Carty gives him a chance to get some first grade experience. I havent seen his kicking game but if he can kick long he will bring a lot to this side.

Titans v Warriors preview

NRL.com Wed, May 04, 2011 - 2:00 PM

The last time these teams met we witnessed an absorbing semi-final contest at this very ground and although the Titans won the match 28-16, you sensed both teams had plenty more to offer in the 2010 competition.

Sadly for the Warriors, despite finishing the regular season in fifth place, they were gone from the title race the following evening when two lower-ranked sides (the Roosters and Raiders) caused upset wins.

It?s a pain that still burns within the Warriors and while the blame can?t be fully attributed to the Titans, there will still be thoughts of payback on their minds.

Then there?s the fact they have now lost six on the trot to the Gold Coast and have never won at Skilled Park ? streaks they are surely ready to bust.

Come the 2011 season and both sides have started slower than they would have anticipated. The Titans have won just three games in the opening two months and are 11th on the ladder. The Warriors are ninth with four wins.

But both sides had victories last weekend; for the Warriors it was their second on the trot, bringing confidence into this clash. The Gold Coast beat the Roosters while the Warriors took care of Penrith.

Titans fans have been devastated by the news that hooker Nathan Friend has undergone shoulder surgery, ruling him out for an indefinite period. In his place comes Riley Brown.

Prop Matthew White has earned a starting spot, despite being charged with high-range drink driving this week, moving Michael Henderson to the bench. Kayne Lawton, another hooker, has been added to a five-man interchange.

The home side will be sweating on the safe return of second-rower Mark Minichiello from the City-Origin team to play on Friday night.

The Warriors have named the same line-up that took apart Penrith but Lance Hohaia, Lewis Brown, Simon Mannering, Ben Matulino and Sam Rapira will need to get through Test duty for New Zealand on Friday night to take their places on Sunday.

Watch Out Titans: The Warriors are coming to hunt the edges in attack after statistics reveal the Titans are the equal worst team in the NRL at letting in tries on the fringes.

With 19 tries conceded on the edges ? 10 on the left and nine on the right ? the Gold Coast are on par with Cronulla as the worst sides in the competition in these areas. Decision-making has been the major problem, as Gold Coast defenders struggle to determine whether a ball is coming short or going wide.

The Warriors have already scored seven tries on the left fringe in 2011 (ranked 4th) and eight tries on the right fringe (ranked 4th) so the Titans need to do something quickly, or face massive issues.

Danger Sign: Lewis Brown is a destroyer on the edges, having scored on both sides of the field already this year. The Titans? defenders need to keep an eye on where he roams, as chances are he might get the ball on an edge close to the line.

Watch Out Warriors: William Zillman has become a shining light for the Titans at five-eighth, with his speed causing all sorts of headaches for opposition teams. There is arguably no quicker player off the mark in the competition (imagine a foot race with Jamie Soward or Glen Fisiiahi? wow) than Zillman and it has helped him to six tries now.

With six line-breaks and an average 101 metres a week, he seems to have found his calling.

The Warriors might not be as worried about his play making skills as they are when it comes to Scott Prince and Preston Campbell, but if they allow him even a sliver of space he?ll take it with open arms.

Danger Sign: When Campbell slides into the line and draws in defenders it means Zillman is about to get one-on-one with someone? whoever that is had better have the afterburners ready to be switched on!

Plays To Watch: Greg Bird?s late offloads; Kevin Locke?s explosive counter-attack; David Mead?s speed in the centre of the ruck; James Maloney?s support play and tactical kicking; Scott Prince?s short kicks.

Where It Will Be Won: Ball security. It is no secret the Gold Coast have struggled early this year because of their high error rate. Giving up way too much possession has meant they haven?t been able to mount efficient attacking raids.

Statistics show they have committed the most handling errors before the third tackle with 78 already this season ? how can a team compete when they don?t get anywhere near the back end of their sets?

Overall they have tallied 116 errors ? also the most in the NRL at 14.5 a game. The Warriors have 93 for the year so far, or 11.5 a game ? three less on average. Obviously the team that plays disciplined rugby league with ball in hand, gets the quality field position, and makes the most of it, will walk away victorious.

The History: Played 8; Titans 6, Warriors 2. The Titans are on a six-game winning streak against the Warriors, having lost the first two matches between the clubs. The two sides met three times last season, including in the first week of the finals when the Titans dumped the Warriors from the competition with a 28-16 win. The sides have met four times at Skilled Park ? and the Warriors are still to register a win there.

Conclusion: The loss of Nathan Friend is massive for the Titans. It was no surprise they started to play better when he was back on the paddock. Consequently, Riley Brown or Kayne Lawton have huge shoes to fill.

The attacking combination with Prince, Campbell and Zillman is getting better but without someone seriously threatening around the ruck it?s much easier for oppositions to shut them down.

But, as the home side, they can be given a little lean ? especially given the Warriors? poor record here. But it really is a close contest. The Warriors were solid but not spectacular last week, making it a little harder to have full confidence in them.

Match officials: Referees ? Jared Maxwell & Jason Robinson; Touch Judges ? David Abood & Adam Gee; Video Ref ? Phil Cooley.

Televised: Fox Sports ? Live 2pm.
    #itaintweaktospeak

i hate Maxwell & i'm sure he hates us
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    i hate Maxwell & i'm sure he hates us
    Can not possibly hate us as much as Dela Heras, i would run over that git if i seen him walking across the road.

I gave it to him this week on the podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Can not possibly hate us as much as Dela Heras, i would run over that git if i seen him walking across the road.

I gave it to him this week on the podcast
    just remember tonie carroll destroying him in 09 and maxwell and klein suck too, i think gavin badger is easily the best